Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNF12
Alias: SWP73, Snf12p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sen P, Ghosh S, Pugh B, Bartholomew B. A new, highly conserved domain in Swi2/Snf2 is required for SWI/SNF remodeling. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:9155-66 pubmed publisher..The SnAC domain positively regulates the catalytic activity of the ATPase domain of SWI/SNF to hydrolyze ATP without significantly affecting its affinity for ATP. ..
- Krajewski W, Reese J. SET domains of histone methyltransferases recognize ISWI-remodeled nucleosomal species. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:552-64 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals novel insights into the mechanism of how SET domains recognize different chromatin states and specify histone methylation at active loci. ..
- Zhang Y, Smith C, Saha A, Grill S, Mihardja S, Smith S, et al. DNA translocation and loop formation mechanism of chromatin remodeling by SWI/SNF and RSC. Mol Cell. 2006;24:559-68 pubmed..Such loop formation may provide a molecular basis for the biological functions of remodelers. ..
- Smith C, Peterson C. Coupling tandem affinity purification and quantitative tyrosine iodination to determine subunit stoichiometry of protein complexes. Methods. 2003;31:104-9 pubmed
- Swanson M, Qiu H, Sumibcay L, Krueger A, Kim S, Natarajan K, et al. A multiplicity of coactivators is required by Gcn4p at individual promoters in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:2800-20 pubmed..We observed considerable differences in coactivator requirements among several Gcn4p-dependent promoters; thus, only a subset of the array of coactivators that can be recruited by Gcn4p is required at a given target gene in vivo. ..
- Natarajan K, Jackson B, Zhou H, Winston F, Hinnebusch A. Transcriptional activation by Gcn4p involves independent interactions with the SWI/SNF complex and the SRB/mediator. Mol Cell. 1999;4:657-64 pubmed
- Zhou H, Winston F. NRG1 is required for glucose repression of the SUC2 and GAL genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. BMC Genet. 2001;2:5 pubmed..cerevisiae. Thus, three repressors, Nrg1, Mig1, and Mig2, are involved as the downstream targets of the glucose signaling in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Perez Martin J, Johnson A. The C-terminal domain of Sin1 interacts with the SWI-SNF complex in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4157-64 pubmed..Based on these and additional results, we propose that Sin1 acts as a regulatable bridge between the SWI-SNF complex and the nucleosome. ..
- Miller M, Cairns B, Levinson R, Yamamoto K, Engel D, Smith M. Adenovirus E1A specifically blocks SWI/SNF-dependent transcriptional activation. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:5737-43 pubmed..cerevisiae. This screen identified SNF12, a gene encoding the 73-kDa subunit of the SWI/SNF transcriptional regulatory complex...
- Cairns B, Levinson R, Yamamoto K, Kornberg R. Essential role of Swp73p in the function of yeast Swi/Snf complex. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2131-44 pubmed..Here we present evidence concerning the role of Swp73p in the function of the complex. Deletion mutants in the SWP73 gene display phenotypes similar to those of swi and snf mutants, and in addition are temperature-sensitive...
- Cairns B, Henry N, Kornberg R. TFG/TAF30/ANC1, a component of the yeast SWI/SNF complex that is similar to the leukemogenic proteins ENL and AF-9. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:3308-16 pubmed..These results suggest that ENL and AF-9 proteins interact with the SNF5 component of the human SWI/SNF complex and raise the possibility that the SWI/SNF complex is involved in acute leukemia. ..
- Dechassa M, Hota S, Sen P, Chatterjee N, Prasad P, Bartholomew B. Disparity in the DNA translocase domains of SWI/SNF and ISW2. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:4412-21 pubmed publisher..These differences are likely mediated through interactions with the histone surface. The placement of SWI/SNF between the octamer and DNA could make it easier to disrupt histone-DNA interactions. ..
- Sen P, Vivas P, Dechassa M, Mooney A, Poirier M, Bartholomew B. The SnAC domain of SWI/SNF is a histone anchor required for remodeling. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:360-70 pubmed publisher..While the SnAC domain targets both the ATPase domain and histones, the SnAC domain as a histone anchor plays a more critical role in remodeling because it is required to convert DNA translocation into nucleosome movement. ..
- Kapoor P, Bao Y, Xiao J, Luo J, Shen J, Persinger J, et al. Regulation of Mec1 kinase activity by the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex. Genes Dev. 2015;29:591-602 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify a novel regulator of Mec1 kinase activity and suggest that ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes can regulate nonchromatin substrates such as a checkpoint kinase. ..