Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNC1
Description: SNAP receptor SNC1
Alias: SNAP receptor SNC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Grote E, Vlacich G, Pypaert M, Novick P. A snc1 endocytosis mutant: phenotypic analysis and suppression by overproduction of dihydrosphingosine phosphate lyase. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:4051-65 pubmed..b>snc1-M43A mutant yeast have reduced growth and secretion rates and accumulate post-Golgi secretory vesicles and ..
- Lustgarten V, Gerst J. Yeast VSM1 encodes a v-SNARE binding protein that may act as a negative regulator of constitutive exocytosis. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4480-94 pubmed..designated Vsm1, binds tightly to the Snc2 v-SNARE in the two-hybrid system and can be coimmunoprecipitated with Snc1 or Snc2 from solubilized yeast cell extracts...
- Knop M, Miller K, Mazza M, Feng D, Weber M, Keränen S, et al. Molecular interactions position Mso1p, a novel PTB domain homologue, in the interface of the exocyst complex and the exocytic SNARE machinery in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:4543-56 pubmed..Mso1p coimmunoprecipitates with Sec1p, Sso1/2p, Snc1/2p, Sec9p, and the exocyst complex subunit Sec15p...
- Marash M, Gerst J. Phosphorylation of the autoinhibitory domain of the Sso t-SNAREs promotes binding of the Vsm1 SNARE regulator in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3114-25 pubmed..Thus, one way by which phosphorylation inhibits SNARE assembly could be by regulating the association of inhibitory factors that control the ability of t-SNAREs to form complexes in vivo. ..
- Gerst J. Conserved alpha-helical segments on yeast homologs of the synaptobrevin/VAMP family of v-SNAREs mediate exocytic function. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16591-8 pubmed..The yeast homologs, Snc1 and Snc2, localize to secretory vesicles and are required for normal bulk secretion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Rossi G, Salminen A, Rice L, Brunger A, Brennwald P. Analysis of a yeast SNARE complex reveals remarkable similarity to the neuronal SNARE complex and a novel function for the C terminus of the SNAP-25 homolog, Sec9. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:16610-7 pubmed..characterization of a nonneuronal SNARE complex using recombinant forms of the yeast exocytic SNARE proteins Snc1, Sso1, and Sec9 and the yeast alpha-SNAP homolog, Sec17...
- David D, Sundarababu S, Gerst J. Involvement of long chain fatty acid elongation in the trafficking of secretory vesicles in yeast. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:1167-82 pubmed
- McNew J, Parlati F, Fukuda R, Johnston R, Paz K, Paumet F, et al. Compartmental specificity of cellular membrane fusion encoded in SNARE proteins. Nature. 2000;407:153-9 pubmed..Here we find that, to a marked degree, the pattern of membrane flow in the cell is encoded and recapitulated by its isolated SNARE proteins, as predicted by the SNARE hypothesis. ..
- Grote E, Carr C, Novick P. Ordering the final events in yeast exocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:439-52 pubmed..In the sec18-1 mutant, cis-SNARE complexes containing surface-accessible Sncp accumulate in the plasma membrane. Thus, one function of Sec18p is to disassemble SNARE complexes on the postfusion membrane. ..
- Brennwald P, Kearns B, Champion K, Keranen S, Bankaitis V, Novick P. Sec9 is a SNAP-25-like component of a yeast SNARE complex that may be the effector of Sec4 function in exocytosis. Cell. 1994;79:245-58 pubmed..Our results identify Sec9 as the yeast cognate of SNAP-25 and suggest that SNARE complexes acting at specific stages of vesicular transport serve as the ultimate targets of regulation by members of the Sec4/Ypt1/Rab family of GTPases. ..
- Jantti J, Aalto M, Oyen M, Sundqvist L, Keränen S, Ronne H. Characterization of temperature-sensitive mutations in the yeast syntaxin 1 homologues Sso1p and Sso2p, and evidence of a distinct function for Sso1p in sporulation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:409-20 pubmed..for high copy number suppressors of sso2-1 yielded three genes that are involved in the terminal step of secretion: SNC1, SNC2 and SEC9...
- Gurunathan S, Chapman Shimshoni D, Trajkovic S, Gerst J. Yeast exocytic v-SNAREs confer endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:3629-43 pubmedIn yeast, homologues of the synaptobrevin/VAMP family of v-SNAREs (Snc1 and Snc2) confer the docking and fusion of secretory vesicles at the cell surface...
- Peng R, Gallwitz D. Sly1 protein bound to Golgi syntaxin Sed5p allows assembly and contributes to specificity of SNARE fusion complexes. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:645-55 pubmed..This indicates for the first time that a Sec1 family member contributes to the specificity of SNARE complex assembly. ..
- Gerst J, Rodgers L, Riggs M, Wigler M. SNC1, a yeast homolog of the synaptic vesicle-associated membrane protein/synaptobrevin gene family: genetic interactions with the RAS and CAP genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:4338-42 pubmedb>SNC1, a gene from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, encodes a homolog of vertebrate synaptic vesicle-associated membrane proteins (VAMPs) or synaptobrevins. SNC1 was isolated by its ability to suppress the loss of CAP function in S...
- Gurunathan S, David D, Gerst J. Dynamin and clathrin are required for the biogenesis of a distinct class of secretory vesicles in yeast. EMBO J. 2002;21:602-14 pubmed..In late-acting secretory mutants (e.g. snc1(ala43) and sec6-4), both low- (LDSV) and high-density (HDSV) classes of vesicles accumulate at restrictive ..
- Zendeh Boodi Z, Yamamoto T, Sakane H, Tanaka K. Identification of a second amphipathic lipid-packing sensor-like motif that contributes to Gcs1p function in the early endosome-to-TGN pathway. J Biochem. 2013;153:573-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ALPS and the predicted AH region are involved in the regulation and function of Gcs1p by interacting with membrane phospholipids and vesicle proteins. ..
- Schindler C, Spang A. Interaction of SNAREs with ArfGAPs precedes recruitment of Sec18p/NSF. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:2852-63 pubmed
- Lefebvre F, Prouzet Mauleon V, Hugues M, Crouzet M, Vieillemard A, McCusker D, et al. Secretory pathway-dependent localization of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae Rho GTPase-activating protein Rgd1p at growth sites. Eukaryot Cell. 2012;11:590-600 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that secretory vesicles are involved in the delivery of RhoGAP Rgd1p to the bud tip and bud neck. ..
- Nozawa M, Takahashi T, Hara S, Mizoguchi H. A role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae fatty acid activation protein 4 in palmitoyl-CoA pool for growth in the presence of ethanol. J Biosci Bioeng. 2002;93:288-95 pubmed..The overexpression of SNC1 was used to achieve the depletion of the palmitoyl-CoA pool, because the loss of Snc palmitoylation does not affect ..
- Fiebig K, Rice L, Pollock E, Brunger A. Folding intermediates of SNARE complex assembly. Nat Struct Biol. 1999;6:117-23 pubmed..conformation of Sso1; second, the binary complex of Sso1 and Sec9; and third, the ternary complex of Sso1, Sec9 and Snc1. Sec9 and Snc1 are unstructured in isolation...
- Nair U, Jotwani A, Geng J, Gammoh N, Richerson D, Yen W, et al. SNARE proteins are required for macroautophagy. Cell. 2011;146:290-302 pubmed publisher..Thus, multiple SNARE-mediated fusion events are likely to be involved in autophagosome biogenesis. ..
- Chen S, Chen S, Tokarev A, Liu F, Jedd G, Segev N. Ypt31/32 GTPases and their novel F-box effector protein Rcy1 regulate protein recycling. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:178-92 pubmed..We show that like Rcy1, Ypt31/32 regulate the coupled phosphorylation and recycling of the plasma membrane v-SNARE Snc1. Moreover, Ypt31/32 and Rcy1 regulate the recycling of the furin-homolog Kex2 to the Golgi...
- Weber Boyvat M, Aro N, Chernov K, Nyman T, Jantti J. Sec1p and Mso1p C-terminal tails cooperate with the SNAREs and Sec4p in polarized exocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:230-44 pubmed publisher..This association depends on the Sec4p guanine nucleotide exchange factor Sec2p. Our results reveal a novel binding mode between the Sec1p C-terminal tail and the SNARE complex, and suggest a role for Mso1p as an effector of Sec4p. ..
- Paumet F, Rahimian V, Rothman J. The specificity of SNARE-dependent fusion is encoded in the SNARE motif. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3376-80 pubmed..Studying this complex and the previously identified early endosomal SNARE complex, we find that the specificity of fusion resides in the SNARE motifs. ..
- Lewis M, Pelham H. A new yeast endosomal SNARE related to mammalian syntaxin 8. Traffic. 2002;3:922-9 pubmed..Syn8p thus appears to be a functional homolog of mammalian syntaxin 8, but Tlg1p can, amongst other roles, provide an equivalent function. ..
- Boyd A, Ciufo L, Barclay J, Graham M, Haynes L, Doherty M, et al. A random mutagenesis approach to isolate dominant-negative yeast sec1 mutants reveals a functional role for domain 3a in yeast and mammalian Sec1/Munc18 proteins. Genetics. 2008;180:165-78 pubmed publisher..This effect of dominant-negative sec1 was suppressed by overexpression of the vesicle (v)-SNAREs, Snc1 and Snc2, but not the target (t)-SNAREs, Sec9 and Sso2...
- Chen S, Shah A, Segev N. Ypt31/32 GTPases and their F-Box effector Rcy1 regulate ubiquitination of recycling proteins. Cell Logist. 2011;1:21-31 pubmed..Specifically, both Ypt31/32 and Rcy1 are required for recycling the vSNARE Snc1. Rcy1 contains an F-box domain shared by proteins that act in substrate recognition of ubiquitin ligases...
- Gurunathan S, Marash M, Weinberger A, Gerst J. t-SNARE phosphorylation regulates endocytosis in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1594-607 pubmed..phosphatase (CAPP) conferred normal growth and secretion to yeast lacking their complement of exocytic v-SNAREs (Snc1,2) or bearing a temperature-sensitive mutation in an exocytic t-SNARE (Sso2)...
- Kanneganti V, Kama R, Gerst J. Btn3 is a negative regulator of Btn2-mediated endosomal protein trafficking and prion curing in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1648-63 pubmed publisher..Third, Btn3 and the Snc1 v-SNARE compete for the same binding domain on Btn2, and this competition controls Btn2 localization and function...
- Morishita M, Mendonsa R, Wright J, Engebrecht J. Snc1p v-SNARE transport to the prospore membrane during yeast sporulation is dependent on endosomal retrieval pathways. Traffic. 2007;8:1231-45 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that retrograde trafficking from the endosome is essential for sporulation by retrieving molecules important for PSM and spore wall formation. ..
- Sclafani A, Chen S, Rivera Molina F, Reinisch K, Novick P, Ferro Novick S. Establishing a role for the GTPase Ypt1p at the late Golgi. Traffic. 2010;11:520-32 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ypt1p regulates the flow of traffic into the cis and trans side of the Golgi via multiple effectors. ..
- Grote E, Baba M, Ohsumi Y, Novick P. Geranylgeranylated SNAREs are dominant inhibitors of membrane fusion. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:453-66 pubmed..High-level expression of mutant Snc1 or Sso2 proteins that have a COOH-terminal geranylgeranylation signal instead of a transmembrane domain inhibits ..
- Van Zyl J, Den Haan R, van Zyl W. Over-expression of native Saccharomyces cerevisiae exocytic SNARE genes increased heterologous cellulase secretion. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014;98:5567-78 pubmed publisher..Over-expression of SNC1 yielded the biggest improvement in Te-Cel7A secretion (71 %), whilst SSO1 over-expression lead to the highest ..
- Holthuis J, Nichols B, Dhruvakumar S, Pelham H. Two syntaxin homologues in the TGN/endosomal system of yeast. EMBO J. 1998;17:113-26 pubmed..However, neither is required for intra-Golgi traffic. Since no further syntaxins have been identified in yeast, this implies that the Golgi apparatus can function with a single syntaxin, Sed5p. ..
- Zou S, Liu Y, Zhang X, Chen Y, Ye M, Zhu X, et al. Modular TRAPP complexes regulate intracellular protein trafficking through multiple Ypt/Rab GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;191:451-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we use GFP-Snc1 as a tool to study transport in Ypt and TRAPP mutant cells...
- Siniossoglou S, Pelham H. An effector of Ypt6p binds the SNARE Tlg1p and mediates selective fusion of vesicles with late Golgi membranes. EMBO J. 2001;20:5991-8 pubmed..We suggest that the VFT complex links vesicles containing Tlg1p to their target, which is defined by the local activation of Ypt6p. ..
- Williams D, Novick P. Analysis of SEC9 suppression reveals a relationship of SNARE function to cell physiology. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5449 pubmed publisher..Second, Sro7p acts to promote SNARE complex formation. Finally, Sec9p function and SNARE complex formation are tightly coupled to the physiological state of the cell. ..
- Shen D, Yuan H, Hutagalung A, Verma A, Kümmel D, Wu X, et al. The synaptobrevin homologue Snc2p recruits the exocyst to secretory vesicles by binding to Sec6p. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:509-26 pubmed publisher..We propose that the exocyst is recruited to secretory vesicles by the combinatorial signals of Sec4-GTP and the Snc proteins. This could help to confer both specificity and directionality to vesicular traffic. ..