Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SNA3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Shetty A, Swaminathan A, Lopes J. Transcription regulation of a yeast gene from a downstream location. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:457-65 pubmed publisher..This study focused on inositol-mediated regulation of the tandem gene pair SNA3-INO1...
- De Block J, Szopinska A, Guerriat B, Dodzian J, Villers J, Hochstenbach J, et al. Yeast Pmp3p has an important role in plasma membrane organization. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:3646-59 pubmed publisher..and it belongs to the sensitive to Na(+) (SNA)-protein family, which comprises four members--Pmp3p/Sna1p, Sna2p, Sna3p and Sna4p...
- Lee J, Oestreich A, Payne J, Gunawan M, Norgan A, Katzmann D. The HECT domain of the ubiquitin ligase Rsp5 contributes to substrate recognition. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32126-37 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the ability of Rsp5 to interact with substrates via multiple modalities, suggesting additional mechanisms of regulating this interaction and relevant outcomes. ..
- Jarmoszewicz K, Łukasiak K, Riezman H, Kaminska J. Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase is required for protein trafficking in Saccharomyces cerevisiae COPI mutants. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39582 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rsp5 and Sla1 proteins were found by co-immunoprecipitation in a complex containing COPI subunits. Together, our results show that Rsp5 ligase plays a role in regulating retrograde Golgi-to-ER trafficking. ..
- Matsumoto R, Suzuki K, Ohya Y. Organelle acidification is important for localisation of vacuolar proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Protoplasma. 2013;250:1283-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that many alterations in the localisation of vacuolar proteins occur after loss of the acidification of acidic compartments. ..
- Hiraki T, Abe F. Overexpression of Sna3 stabilizes tryptophan permease Tat2, potentially competing for the WW domain of Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase with its binding protein Bul1. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:55-60 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of SNA3 encoding an endosomal/vacuolar protein possessing the PPAY motif allowed growth at 25 MPa, which was potentiated by ..
- Leon S, Erpapazoglou Z, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Ear1p and Ssh4p are new adaptors of the ubiquitin ligase Rsp5p for cargo ubiquitylation and sorting at multivesicular bodies. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2379-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Ear1p/Ssh4p recruit Rsp5p and assist it in its function at MVBs by directing the ubiquitylation of specific cargoes. ..
- Epple U, Eskelinen E, Thumm M. Intravacuolar membrane lysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Does vacuolar targeting of Cvt17/Aut5p affect its function?. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7810-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that similar to Sna3p sorting of Cvt17/Aut5p to MVB vesicles is independent of ubiquitination...
- MacDonald C, Payne J, Aboian M, Smith W, Katzmann D, Piper R. A family of tetraspans organizes cargo for sorting into multivesicular bodies. Dev Cell. 2015;33:328-42 pubmed publisher..Expression of these proteins increases during nutrient stress through an NAD(+)/Sir2-dependent mechanism that in turn accelerates the downregulation of a broad range of cell-surface proteins. ..