Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SMD3
Description: mRNA splicing protein SMD3
Alias: SLT16, mRNA splicing protein SMD3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schwer B, Kruchten J, Shuman S. Structure-function analysis and genetic interactions of the SmG, SmE, and SmF subunits of the yeast Sm protein ring. RNA. 2016;22:1320-8 pubmed publisher..interactions with non-Sm splicing factors showed that many benign mutations of SmG, SmE, and SmF (and of SmB and SmD3) were synthetically lethal with null alleles of U2 snRNP subunits Lea1 and Msl1...
- Schwer B, Roth A, Shuman S. Will the circle be unbroken: specific mutations in the yeast Sm protein ring expose a requirement for assembly factor Brr1, a homolog of Gemin2. RNA. 2017;23:420-430 pubmed publisher..264 pairwise combinations of SmD1 and SmD2 alleles with each other and with a collection of SmG, SmE, SmF, SmB, and SmD3 alleles revealed 92 instances of inter-Sm synthetic lethality...
- Bouveret E, Rigaut G, Shevchenko A, Wilm M, Seraphin B. A Sm-like protein complex that participates in mRNA degradation. EMBO J. 2000;19:1661-71 pubmed..These results indicate the involvement of a new conserved Sm-like protein complex and a new factor, Pat1p, in mRNA degradation and suggest a physical connection between decapping and exonuclease trimming. ..
- Gottschalk A, Kastner B, Luhrmann R, Fabrizio P. The yeast U5 snRNP coisolated with the U1 snRNP has an unexpected protein composition and includes the splicing factor Aar2p. RNA. 2001;7:1554-65 pubmed..Thus, the basic structural scaffold of the Aar2-U5 snRNP seems to be essentially determined by Prp8p, Snu114p, and the Sm proteins. ..
- Lemieux B, Laterreur N, Perederina A, Noël J, Dubois M, Krasilnikov A, et al. Active Yeast Telomerase Shares Subunits with Ribonucleoproteins RNase P and RNase MRP. Cell. 2016;165:1171-1181 pubmed publisher..Thus, the same chaperoning module has allowed the evolution of functionally and, remarkably, structurally distinct RNPs, telomerase, and RNases P/MRP from unrelated progenitor RNAs. ..