Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLX1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- De Muyt A, Jessop L, Kolar E, Sourirajan A, Chen J, Dayani Y, et al. BLM helicase ortholog Sgs1 is a central regulator of meiotic recombination intermediate metabolism. Mol Cell. 2012;46:43-53 pubmed publisher..intermediate resolution, using an alternate pathway requiring the overlapping activities of Mus81-Mms4, Yen1, and Slx1-Slx4, nucleases with minor roles in wild-type meiosis...
- Ashton T, Mankouri H, Heidenblut A, McHugh P, Hickson I. Pathways for Holliday junction processing during homologous recombination in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:1921-33 pubmed publisher..Deletion of SGS1, TOP3, or RMI1 is synthetically lethal when combined with the loss of the Mus81-Mms4 or Slx1-Slx4 endonucleases, which have been implicated in Holliday junction (HJ) resolution...
- Zakharyevich K, Tang S, Ma Y, Hunter N. Delineation of joint molecule resolution pathways in meiosis identifies a crossover-specific resolvase. Cell. 2012;149:334-47 pubmed publisher..but three distinct endonucleases capable of resolving JMs in vitro have been identified: Mus81-Mms4(EME1), Slx1-Slx4(BTBD12), and Yen1(GEN1)...
- Balint A, Kim T, Gallo D, Cussiol J, Bastos de Oliveira F, Yimit A, et al. Assembly of Slx4 signaling complexes behind DNA replication forks. EMBO J. 2015;34:2182-97 pubmed publisher..We propose that Slx4 complexes promote robust checkpoint signaling by Mec1 by stably recruiting Dpb11 within a discrete domain behind the replication fork, during DNA replication stress. ..
- Putnam C, Hayes T, Kolodner R. Post-replication repair suppresses duplication-mediated genome instability. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000933 pubmed publisher..Our analysis is consistent with models in which PRR prevents replication damage from becoming double strand breaks (DSBs) and/or regulates the activity of HR on DSBs. ..
- Thu H, Nguyen T, Munashingha P, Kwon B, Dao Van Q, Seo Y. A physiological significance of the functional interaction between Mus81 and Rad27 in homologous recombination repair. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:1684-99 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the N-terminal region of Mus81 acts as a landing pad to interact with Rad27 and that Mus81 and Rad27 work conjointly for efficient removal of various aberrant DNA structures. ..