Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLK19
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Park C, Park J, Karpova T, Soung N, Yu L, Song S, et al. Requirement for the budding yeast polo kinase Cdc5 in proper microtubule growth and dynamics. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:444-53 pubmed publisher..both Cdc28 and Cdc5 were required for the proper modification of the spindle pole body components Nud1, Slk19, and Stu2 in vivo. They also phosphorylated these three proteins in vitro...
- Chin C, Tan K, Onishi M, Chew Y, Augustine B, Lee W, et al. Timely Endocytosis of Cytokinetic Enzymes Prevents Premature Spindle Breakage during Mitotic Exit. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1006195 pubmed publisher..The findings from our study highlight the importance of timely endocytosis of cytokinetic enzymes at the division site in safeguarding mitotic spindle integrity during mitotic exit. ..
- Lee M, Spencer F. Bipolar orientation of chromosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is monitored by Mad1 and Mad2, but not by Mad3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10655-60 pubmed..Cells without MAD3 were checkpoint-proficient. We conclude that Mad1 and Mad2 are required to detect bipolar orientation and/or tension at kinetochores, whereas Mad3 is not. ..
- Hwang W, Madhani H. Nonredundant requirement for multiple histone modifications for the early anaphase release of the mitotic exit regulator Cdc14 from nucleolar chromatin. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000588 pubmed publisher..The nonredundant role for these modifications in this context contrasts with the notion of a highly combinatorial code by which histone marks act to control biological processes. ..
- Sundin B, Chiu C, Riffle M, Davis T, Muller E. Localization of proteins that are coordinately expressed with Cln2 during the cell cycle. Yeast. 2004;21:793-800 pubmed..A complete list of localizations, along with images, can be found at our website (http://www.yeastrc.org/cln2/). ..
- Richmond D, Rizkallah R, Liang F, Hurt M, Wang Y. Slk19 clusters kinetochores and facilitates chromosome bipolar attachment. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:566-77 pubmed publisher..As a kinetochore protein in budding yeast, the role of Slk19 in the stability of the anaphase spindle has been well studied, but its function in chromosome segregation has ..
- Germann S, Schramke V, Pedersen R, Gallina I, Eckert Boulet N, Oestergaard V, et al. TopBP1/Dpb11 binds DNA anaphase bridges to prevent genome instability. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:45-59 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that TopBP1/Dpb11 prevents accumulation of anaphase bridges via stimulation of the Mec1/ATR kinase and suppression of homologous recombination...
- Jones M, He X, Giddings T, Winey M. Yeast Dam1p has a role at the kinetochore in assembly of the mitotic spindle. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13675-80 pubmed..We also demonstrate genetic interactions between DAM1 and CTF19 or SLK19 genes encoding kinetochore proteins...
- Geymonat M, Spanos A, Jensen S, Sedgwick S. Phosphorylation of Lte1 by Cdk prevents polarized growth during mitotic arrest in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1097-112 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lte1 has dual functions for regulation of mitotic progression: it both induces mitotic exit and prevents polarized growth during mitotic arrest, thereby coupling cell cycle progression and morphological development. ..
- Mayer M, Pot I, Chang M, Xu H, Aneliunas V, Kwok T, et al. Identification of protein complexes required for efficient sister chromatid cohesion. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1736-45 pubmed..Furthermore, we find that genes involved in mitotic spindle integrity and positioning have a previously unrecognized role in sister chromatid cohesion. ..
- Amaral N, Vendrell A, Funaya C, Idrissi F, Maier M, Kumar A, et al. The Aurora-B-dependent NoCut checkpoint prevents damage of anaphase bridges after DNA replication stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:516-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the molecular origin of chromatin bridges is critical for activation of NoCut, which plays a key role in the maintenance of genome stability after replicative stress. ..
- Movshovich N, Fridman V, Gerson Gurwitz A, Shumacher I, Gertsberg I, Fich A, et al. Slk19-dependent mid-anaphase pause in kinesin-5-mutated cells. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:2529-39 pubmed publisher..Deletion of SLK19, but not SPO12, eliminated the mid-anaphase pause, caused premature anaphase onset and defects in DNA division ..
- Kamieniecki R, Shanks R, Dawson D. Slk19p is necessary to prevent separation of sister chromatids in meiosis I. Curr Biol. 2000;10:1182-90 pubmed..b>Slk19p was found to localize to centromere regions of chromosomes during meiotic prophase where it remained until ..
- Yellman C, Roeder G. Cdc14 Early Anaphase Release, FEAR, Is Limited to the Nucleus and Dispensable for Efficient Mitotic Exit. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128604 pubmed publisher..Our findings clarify the distinction between FEAR and MEN-dependent Cdc14 activities and will help guide emerging quantitative models of this cell cycle transition. ..
- Zeng X, Saunders W. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae centromere protein Slk19p is required for two successive divisions during meiosis. Genetics. 2000;155:577-87 pubmed..We showed that the centromere protein Slk19p is required for the proper execution of meiosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- D Aquino K, Monje Casas F, Paulson J, Reiser V, Charles G, Lai L, et al. The protein kinase Kin4 inhibits exit from mitosis in response to spindle position defects. Mol Cell. 2005;19:223-34 pubmed
- Wang Y, Shirogane T, Liu D, Harper J, Elledge S. Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signaling. Cell. 2003;112:697-709 pubmed..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle. ..
- Hatano Y, Naoki K, Suzuki A, Ushimaru T. Positive feedback promotes mitotic exit via the APC/C-Cdh1-separase-Cdc14 axis in budding yeast. Cell Signal. 2016;28:1545-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, the positive feedback promotes mitotic exit via the APC/C-Cdh1-separase-Cdc14 axis. This study shows the importance of the two-step degradation mode of securin and the role of separase in mitotic exit. ..