Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLI15
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Campbell C, Desai A. Tension sensing by Aurora B kinase is independent of survivin-based centromere localization. Nature. 2013;497:118-21 pubmed publisher..Here we show that an engineered truncation of the Sli15 (known as INCENP in humans) subunit of budding yeast CPC that eliminates association with the inner centromere ..
- King E, Rachidi N, Morrice N, Hardwick K, Stark M. Ipl1p-dependent phosphorylation of Mad3p is required for the spindle checkpoint response to lack of tension at kinetochores. Genes Dev. 2007;21:1163-8 pubmed..Our data provide strong evidence for a distinct checkpoint pathway responding to lack of sister kinetochore tension, in which Ipl1p-dependent phosphorylation of Mad3p is a key step. ..
- Kotwaliwale C, Frei S, Stern B, Biggins S. A pathway containing the Ipl1/aurora protein kinase and the spindle midzone protein Ase1 regulates yeast spindle assembly. Dev Cell. 2007;13:433-45 pubmed..We therefore propose that Ipl1/Aurora and Ase1 constitute a previously unidentified spindle assembly pathway that becomes essential in the absence of Cin8. ..
- Nakajima Y, Tyers R, Wong C, Yates J, Drubin D, Barnes G. Nbl1p: a Borealin/Dasra/CSC-1-like protein essential for Aurora/Ipl1 complex function and integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:1772-84 pubmed publisher..In Fungi and Animalia, this complex consists of the kinase Aurora B/AIR-2/Ipl1p, INCENP/ICP-1/Sli15p, and Survivin/BIR-1/Bir1p...
- Mirchenko L, Uhlmann F. Sli15(INCENP) dephosphorylation prevents mitotic checkpoint reengagement due to loss of tension at anaphase onset. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1396-401 pubmed publisher..Cdc14, in turn, inactivates the mitotic checkpoint by dephosphorylating Sli15(INCENP), a subunit of the conserved Aurora B kinase complex that forms part of the proposed chromosomal tension ..
- Storchova Z, Becker J, Talarek N, Kögelsberger S, Pellman D. Bub1, Sgo1, and Mps1 mediate a distinct pathway for chromosome biorientation in budding yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1473-85 pubmed publisher..suppressor screen, we identified two members of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), BIR1 (survivin) and SLI15 (INCENP, inner centromere protein), as suppressors of the growth defect of both bub1? and sgo1? tetraploids, ..
- Widlund P, Lyssand J, Anderson S, Niessen S, Yates J, Davis T. Phosphorylation of the chromosomal passenger protein Bir1 is required for localization of Ndc10 to the spindle during anaphase and full spindle elongation. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1065-74 pubmed..The C-terminal region is essential for growth, binds Sli15, and is necessary and sufficient for the localization of Bir1 as a chromosomal passenger...
- Sandall S, Severin F, McLeod I, Yates J, Oegema K, Hyman A, et al. A Bir1-Sli15 complex connects centromeres to microtubules and is required to sense kinetochore tension. Cell. 2006;127:1179-91 pubmed..sequence-specific budding yeast centromere, we identified a complex of the chromosomal passenger proteins Bir1 and Sli15 (Survivin and INCENP) that links centromeres to microtubules...
- Thomas S, Kaplan K. A Bir1p Sli15p kinetochore passenger complex regulates septin organization during anaphase. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3820-34 pubmed..Our data show that Bir1p links together a large passenger complex containing Ndc10p, Sli15p (INCENP), and Ipl1p (Aurora B) and that the interaction between Bir1p and Sli15p is specifically involved in ..
- Kim J, Kang J, Chan C. Sli15 associates with the ipl1 protein kinase to promote proper chromosome segregation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:1381-94 pubmed..Ipl1 associates, probably directly, with the novel and essential Sli15 protein in vivo, and both proteins are localized to the mitotic spindle...
- Palani S, Meitinger F, Boehm M, Lehmann W, Pereira G. Cdc14-dependent dephosphorylation of Inn1 contributes to Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3091-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that Cdc14 counteracts Cdk1 phosphorylation of Inn1 to facilitate Inn1-Cyk3 complex formation and so promote cytokinesis. ..
- Cormier A, Drubin D, Barnes G. Phosphorylation regulates kinase and microtubule binding activities of the budding yeast chromosomal passenger complex in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:23203-11 pubmed publisher..It comprises four essential and conserved proteins known in mammals/yeasts as Aurora B/Ipl1, INCENP/Sli15, Survivin/Bir1, and Borealin/Nbl1. These subunits act together in a highly controlled fashion...
- Mendoza M, Norden C, Durrer K, Rauter H, Uhlmann F, Barral Y. A mechanism for chromosome segregation sensing by the NoCut checkpoint. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:477-83 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the first evidence that NoCut is triggered by the interaction of acetylated chromatin with the passenger complex at the spindle midzone. ..
- Bouchoux C, Uhlmann F. A quantitative model for ordered Cdk substrate dephosphorylation during mitotic exit. Cell. 2011;147:803-14 pubmed publisher..This provides an example and a mechanistic explanation for a quantitative model of cell-cycle progression. ..
- Montpetit B, Hazbun T, Fields S, Hieter P. Sumoylation of the budding yeast kinetochore protein Ndc10 is required for Ndc10 spindle localization and regulation of anaphase spindle elongation. J Cell Biol. 2006;174:653-63 pubmed..These data suggest that sumoylation of Ndc10 and other kinetochore proteins play a critical role during the mitotic process. ..
- Knockleby J, Vogel J. The COMA complex is required for Sli15/INCENP-mediated correction of defective kinetochore attachments. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2570-7 pubmed..The conserved Aurora B kinase Ipl1 and its adaptor INCENP/Sli15 correct defective attachments and promote SC bi-orientation...
- Jwa M, Kim J, Chan C. Regulation of Sli15/INCENP, kinetochore, and Cdc14 phosphatase functions by the ribosome biogenesis protein Utp7. J Cell Biol. 2008;182:1099-111 pubmed publisherThe Sli15-Ipl1-Bir1 chromosomal passenger complex is essential for proper kinetochore-microtubule attachment and spindle stability in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Makrantoni V, Corbishley S, Rachidi N, Morrice N, Robinson D, Stark M. Phosphorylation of Sli15 by Ipl1 is important for proper CPC localization and chromosome stability in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89399 pubmed publisher..eukaryotic cell division, consisting of the protein kinase Aurora B/Ipl1 in association with its activator (INCENP/Sli15) and two additional proteins (Survivin/Bir1 and Borealin/Nbl1)...
- Peplowska K, Wallek A, Storchova Z. Sgo1 regulates both condensin and Ipl1/Aurora B to promote chromosome biorientation. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004411 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify shugoshin as a versatile molecular adaptor that governs chromosome biorientation...
- Amaral N, Vendrell A, Funaya C, Idrissi F, Maier M, Kumar A, et al. The Aurora-B-dependent NoCut checkpoint prevents damage of anaphase bridges after DNA replication stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:516-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the molecular origin of chromatin bridges is critical for activation of NoCut, which plays a key role in the maintenance of genome stability after replicative stress. ..
- Shang C, Hazbun T, Cheeseman I, Aranda J, Fields S, Drubin D, et al. Kinetochore protein interactions and their regulation by the Aurora kinase Ipl1p. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3342-55 pubmed..Strikingly, we found that the Dam1p-Ndc80p and Dam1p-Spc34p interactions were weakened by mutations mimicking phosphorylation at Ipl1p sites, allowing us to formulate a model for the effects of phosphoregulation on kinetochore function. ..
- Thu Y, Van Riper S, Higgins L, Zhang T, Becker J, Markowski T, et al. Slx5/Slx8 Promotes Replication Stress Tolerance by Facilitating Mitotic Progression. Cell Rep. 2016;15:1254-65 pubmed publisher..Such candidates included subunits of the chromosome passenger complex (CPC), Bir1 and Sli15, known to facilitate spindle assembly checkpoint (SAC) activation...