Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLD2
Alias: DRC1, Sld2p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mantiero D, Mackenzie A, Donaldson A, Zegerman P. Limiting replication initiation factors execute the temporal programme of origin firing in budding yeast. EMBO J. 2011;30:4805-14 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the two CDK substrates Sld3 and Sld2 and their binding partner Dpb11, together with the DDK subunit Dbf4 are in low abundance in the budding yeast, ..
- Kanter D, Kaplan D. Sld2 binds to origin single-stranded DNA and stimulates DNA annealing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:2580-92 pubmed publisherb>Sld2 is essential for the initiation of DNA replication, but the mechanism underlying its role in replication is not fully understood...
- Tang X, Orlicky S, Liu Q, Willems A, Sicheri F, Tyers M. Genome-wide surveys for phosphorylation-dependent substrates of SCF ubiquitin ligases. Methods Enzymol. 2005;399:433-58 pubmed..Both methods have identified novel substrates of Cdc4 and may, in principle, be used to identify numerous new substrates of other SCF and SCF-like complexes from yeast to humans. ..
- Herrera M, Tognetti S, Riera A, Zech J, Clarke P, FernÃ¡ndez Cid A, et al. A reconstituted system reveals how activating and inhibitory interactions control DDK dependent assembly of the eukaryotic replicative helicase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:10238-50 pubmed publisher..reconstituted-system to study helicase activation in-solution and discovered that individual factors like Sld3 and Sld2 can bind directly to the pre-RC, while Cdc45 cannot...
- Tanaka S, Komeda Y, Umemori T, Kubota Y, Takisawa H, Araki H. Efficient initiation of DNA replication in eukaryotes requires Dpb11/TopBP1-GINS interaction. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2614-22 pubmed publisher..BRCT1 and -2) and the C-terminal pair (BRCT3 and -4) bind to cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)-phosphorylated Sld3 and Sld2, respectively. These phosphorylation-dependent interactions trigger the initiation of DNA replication...
- Bruck I, Dhingra N, Martinez M, Kaplan D. Dpb11 may function with RPA and DNA to initiate DNA replication. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177147 pubmed publisher..We also propose an alternative model, wherein Dpb11-DNA interaction is required for some other function in DNA replication initiation, such as helicase activation. ..
- Li J, Tetzlaff M, Elledge S. Identification of MSA1, a cell cycle-regulated, dosage suppressor of drc1/sld2 and dpb11 mutants. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3388-98 pubmedThe Dpb11 and Drc1/Sld2 proteins form a complex that is critical for the initiation of DNA replication. In this study we identify MSA1 as a high copy suppressor of a drc1-1 mutant...
- Ma L, Zhai Y, Feng D, Chan T, Lu Y, Fu X, et al. Identification of novel factors involved in or regulating initiation of DNA replication by a genome-wide phenotypic screen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:4399-410 pubmed..These data suggest that Ctf1p and Ctf18p together play important roles in regulating the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Bloom J, Cross F. Novel role for Cdc14 sequestration: Cdc14 dephosphorylates factors that promote DNA replication. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:842-53 pubmed..is not sequestered, it efficiently dephosphorylates a subset of Cdk1 substrates including the replication factors, Sld2 and Dpb2...
- Bruck I, Kanter D, Kaplan D. Enabling association of the GINS protein tetramer with the mini chromosome maintenance (Mcm)2-7 protein complex by phosphorylated Sld2 protein and single-stranded origin DNA. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36414-26 pubmed publisherThe Cdc45-Mcm2-7-GINS (CMG) complex is the replication fork helicase in eukaryotes. Synthetic lethal with Dpb11-1 (Sld2) is required for the initiation of DNA replication, and the S phase cyclin-dependent kinase (S-CDK) phosphorylates ..
- Dhingra N, Bruck I, Smith S, Ning B, Kaplan D. Dpb11 protein helps control assembly of the Cdc45Â·Mcm2-7Â·GINS replication fork helicase. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:7586-601 pubmed publisher..Dpb11 binds to S-phase cyclin-dependent kinase-phosphorylated Sld2 and Sld3 to form a ternary complex during S phase...
- Navadgi Patil V, Kumar S, Burgers P. The unstructured C-terminal tail of yeast Dpb11 (human TopBP1) protein is dispensable for DNA replication and the S phase checkpoint but required for the G2/M checkpoint. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:40999-1007 pubmed publisher..Together with aromatic motifs identified previously in the Ddc1 subunit of 9-1-1, another activator of Mec1 kinase, they define a consensus structure for Mec1 activation. ..
- Tanaka S, Araki H. Multiple regulatory mechanisms to inhibit untimely initiation of DNA replication are important for stable genome maintenance. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002136 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that cells preserve a low level of the initiation factor Sld2 to prevent untimely initiation during the normal cell cycle in addition to controlling the phosphorylation of Sld2 ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. The replication initiation protein Sld2 regulates helicase assembly. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1948-59 pubmed publisher..b>Sld2 is required for the initiation of DNA replication in budding yeast...
- Reusswig K, Zimmermann F, Galanti L, Pfander B. Robust Replication Control Is Generated by Temporal Gaps between Licensing and Firing Phases and Depends on Degradation of Firing Factor Sld2. Cell Rep. 2016;17:556-569 pubmed publisher..We find that gap size critically depends on phosphorylation-dependent degradation of the firing factor Sld2 mediated by CDK, DDK, Mck1, and Cdc5 kinases and the ubiquitin-ligases Dma1/2...