Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SLC1
Description: dynein light chain
Alias: SLC1, dynein light chain
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Jie J, LÃ¶hr F, Barbar E. Interactions of Yeast Dynein with Dynein Light Chain and Dynactin: GENERAL IMPLICATIONS FOR INTRINSICALLY DISORDERED DUPLEX SCAFFOLDS IN MULTIPROTEIN ASSEMBLIES. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:23863-74 pubmed publisher..The long distance, ligand-dependent ordering of residues reveals new elements of dynamic structure within IDP linker regions. ..
- DeWitt M, Chang A, Combs P, Yildiz A. Cytoplasmic dynein moves through uncoordinated stepping of the AAA+ ring domains. Science. 2012;335:221-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, dynein moves processively without interhead coordination, a mechanism fundamentally distinct from the hand-over-hand stepping of kinesin and myosin. ..
- Nyarko A, Song Y, Nováček J, Zídek L, Barbar E. Multiple recognition motifs in nucleoporin Nup159 provide a stable and rigid Nup159-Dyn2 assembly. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2614-22 pubmed publisher..These findings extend the repertoire of functions of intrinsically disordered protein to fine-tuning and versatile assembly of higher order macromolecular complexes. ..
- Rao L, Romes E, Nicholas M, Brenner S, Tripathy A, Gennerich A, et al. The yeast dynein Dyn2-Pac11 complex is a dynein dimerization/processivity factor: structural and single-molecule characterization. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:2362-77 pubmed publisher..Of interest, motor phenotypes resulting from Dyn2-Pac11 complex depletion bear similarity to a point mutation in the mammalian dynein N-terminal tail (Loa), highlighting this region as a conserved, regulatory motor element...
- Scarfone I, Venturetti M, Hotz M, Lengefeld J, Barral Y, Piatti S. Asymmetry of the budding yeast Tem1 GTPase at spindle poles is required for spindle positioning but not for mitotic exit. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004938 pubmed publisher..Thus, asymmetry of the Bub2/Bfa1/Tem1 complex is crucial to control Kar9 distribution and spindle positioning during mitosis. ..
- Chan A, Schummer A, Fischer S, Schröter T, Cruz Zaragoza L, Bender J, et al. Pex17p-dependent assembly of Pex14p/Dyn2p-subcomplexes of the peroxisomal protein import machinery. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:585-597 pubmed publisher..We identified the dynein light chain protein Dyn2p as an additional core component of the Pex14p/Pex17p-complex...
- Fernandez Martinez J, Kim S, Shi Y, Upla P, Pellarin R, Gagnon M, et al. Structure and Function of the Nuclear Pore Complex Cytoplasmic mRNA Export Platform. Cell. 2016;167:1215-1228.e25 pubmed publisher..We suggest that this configuration efficiently captures and remodels exporting mRNP particles immediately upon reaching the cytoplasmic side of the NPC. ..