Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SKY1
Description: serine/threonine protein kinase SKY1
Alias: serine/threonine protein kinase SKY1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Porat Z, Erez O, Kahana C. Cellular localization and phosphorylation of Hrb1p is independent of Sky1p. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1763:207-13 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that Hrb1p and additional putative Sky1p substrates, identified by computational approach, are not involved in mediating the spermine tolerant phenotype of sky1Delta cells. ..
- Rodríguez Lombardero S, Vizoso Vázquez A, Rodríguez Belmonte E, González Siso M, Cerdán M. SKY1 and IXR1 interactions, their effects on cisplatin and spermine resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Can J Microbiol. 2012;58:184-8 pubmed publisher..Deletion of the IXR1 gene increases resistance to cisplatin, and deletion of the SKY1 gene increases resistance to cisplatin and spermine. Three S...
- Lukasiewicz R, Nolen B, Adams J, Ghosh G. The RGG domain of Npl3p recruits Sky1p through docking interactions. J Mol Biol. 2007;367:249-61 pubmed..We suggest that docking interaction between Sky1p and Npl3p is essential for substrate recruitment and binding specificity. ..
- Lukasiewicz R, Velazquez Dones A, Huynh N, Hagopian J, Fu X, Adams J, et al. Structurally unique yeast and mammalian serine-arginine protein kinases catalyze evolutionarily conserved phosphorylation reactions. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23036-43 pubmed..Thus, there are physical attributes of SR and SR-like substrates that dictate the mechanism of phosphorylation, whereas the ability to processively phosphorylate substrates is inherent to SR protein kinases. ..
- Torabi N, Kruglyak L. Genetic basis of hidden phenotypic variation revealed by increased translational readthrough in yeast. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002546 pubmed publisher..We further showed that variation in SKY1, an SR protein kinase, underlies a readthrough-dependent locus observed for growth on diamide and hydrogen peroxide...