Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SKP1
Description: SCF ubiquitin ligase subunit SKP1
Alias: MGO1, SCF ubiquitin ligase subunit SKP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kitagawa K, Skowyra D, Elledge S, Harper J, Hieter P. SGT1 encodes an essential component of the yeast kinetochore assembly pathway and a novel subunit of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex. Mol Cell. 1999;4:21-33 pubmedWe have identified SGT1 as a dosage suppressor of skp1-4, a mutation causing defects in yeast kinetochore function. Sgt1p physically associates with Skp1p in vivo and in vitro...
- Rodrigo Brenni M, Thomas S, Bouck D, Kaplan K. Sgt1p and Skp1p modulate the assembly and turnover of CBF3 complexes required for proper kinetochore function. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3366-78 pubmed..The assembly of CBF3 is opposed by its turnover and disruption of this balance compromises kinetochore function without affecting kinetochore formation on centromeric DNA. ..
- Lingelbach L, Kaplan K. The interaction between Sgt1p and Skp1p is regulated by HSP90 chaperones and is required for proper CBF3 assembly. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8938-50 pubmed..We propose that HSP90 and Sgt1p act together as a molecular switch, maintaining transient interactions required to balance protein complex assembly with turnover. ..
- Hyland K, Kingsbury J, Koshland D, Hieter P. Ctf19p: A novel kinetochore protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and a potential link between the kinetochore and mitotic spindle. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:15-28 pubmed..We propose that Ctf19p is part of a macromolecular kinetochore complex, which may function as a link between the kinetochore and the mitotic spindle. ..
- Li F, Johnston M. Grr1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is connected to the ubiquitin proteolysis machinery through Skp1: coupling glucose sensing to gene expression and the cell cycle. EMBO J. 1997;16:5629-38 pubmed..We discovered that Grr1 physically interacts with Skp1, a protein that has been implicated in a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme complex that targets for degradation the cell ..
- Russell I, Grancell A, Sorger P. The unstable F-box protein p58-Ctf13 forms the structural core of the CBF3 kinetochore complex. J Cell Biol. 1999;145:933-50 pubmed..We find that the four subunits of CBF3 are multimeric in solution: p23(Skp1) and p58(Ctf13) form a heterodimer, and p64(Cep3) and p110(Ndc10) form homodimers...
- Skowyra D, Craig K, Tyers M, Elledge S, Harper J. F-box proteins are receptors that recruit phosphorylated substrates to the SCF ubiquitin-ligase complex. Cell. 1997;91:209-19 pubmedWe have reconstituted the ubiquitination pathway for the Cdk inhibitor Sic1 using recombinant proteins. Skp1, Cdc53, and the F-box protein Cdc4 form a complex, SCFCdc4, which functions as a Sic1 ubiquitin-ligase (E3) in combination with ..
- Galan J, Wiederkehr A, Seol J, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Deshaies R, Riezman H, et al. Skp1p and the F-box protein Rcy1p form a non-SCF complex involved in recycling of the SNARE Snc1p in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3105-17 pubmed..Importantly, Skp1p was the only major partner that copurified with Rcy1p. Our results thus suggest that a complex composed of Rcy1p and Skp1p but not other SCF components may play a direct role in recycling of internalized proteins. ..
- Stemmann O, Lechner J. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae kinetochore contains a cyclin-CDK complexing homologue, as identified by in vitro reconstitution. EMBO J. 1996;15:3611-20 pubmed..Therefore, Cbf3d is the only CBF3 protein that has a known homologue in higher eukaryotes and may provide the anchor that directs cell cycle-regulated proteins to the kinetochore. ..
- Lyapina S, Correll C, Kipreos E, Deshaies R. Human CUL1 forms an evolutionarily conserved ubiquitin ligase complex (SCF) with SKP1 and an F-box protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:7451-6 pubmed
- Bansal P, Abdulle R, Kitagawa K. Sgt1 associates with Hsp90: an initial step of assembly of the core kinetochore complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8069-79 pubmed..In budding yeast, Sgt1, together with Skp1, is required for assembly of the core kinetochore complex (CBF3) via Ctf13 activation...
- Siergiejuk E, Scott D, Schulman B, Hofmann K, Kurz T, Peter M. Cullin neddylation and substrate-adaptors counteract SCF inhibition by the CAND1-like protein Lag2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2009;28:3845-56 pubmed publisher..Binding occurs through a conserved C-terminal beta-hairpin structure that inserts into the Skp1-binding pocket on the cullin, and an N-terminal motif that covers the neddylation lysine...
- Liu Y, Mimura S, Kishi T, Kamura T. A longevity protein, Lag2, interacts with SCF complex and regulates SCF function. EMBO J. 2009;28:3366-77 pubmed publisher..These observations thus indicate that Lag2 has a significant function in regulating the SCF complex by controlling its ubiquitin ligase activities and its rubylation cycle. ..
- Kishi T, Seno T, Yamao F. Grr1 functions in the ubiquitin pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae through association with Skp1. Mol Gen Genet. 1998;257:143-8 pubmed..which rescued the growth defect associated with Grr1 overproduction was isolated, and found to be identical to SKP1. Furthermore, Grr1 bound Skp1 directly in vitro...
- Stemmann O, Neidig A, Kocher T, Wilm M, Lechner J. Hsp90 enables Ctf13p/Skp1p to nucleate the budding yeast kinetochore. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8585-90 pubmed..b>skp1 mutants exhibit growth defects on media containing geldanamycin...
- Yoon H, Carbon J. Participation of Bir1p, a member of the inhibitor of apoptosis family, in yeast chromosome segregation events. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:13208-13 pubmed..or the C-terminal region of Bir1p can efficiently suppress the chromosome-loss phenotype of both bir1Delta null and skp1-4 mutants...
- Kamura T, Koepp D, Conrad M, Skowyra D, Moreland R, Iliopoulos O, et al. Rbx1, a component of the VHL tumor suppressor complex and SCF ubiquitin ligase. Science. 1999;284:657-61 pubmed..These findings provide a further link between VHL and the cellular ubiquitination machinery. ..
- Patton E, Willems A, Sa D, Kuras L, Thomas D, Craig K, et al. Cdc53 is a scaffold protein for multiple Cdc34/Skp1/F-box proteincomplexes that regulate cell division and methionine biosynthesis in yeast. Genes Dev. 1998;12:692-705 pubmed..by the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Cdc34 in conjunction with an E3 ubiquitin ligase complex composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and the F-box protein, Cdc4 (the SCFCdc4 complex)...
- Kus B, Caldon C, Andorn Broza R, Edwards A. Functional interaction of 13 yeast SCF complexes with a set of yeast E2 enzymes in vitro. Proteins. 2004;54:455-67 pubmed..Ubc4 thus interacts with multiple SCFs in vitro, and the interactions among SCF and E2 components of the ubiquitination machinery may allow further diversification of the roles of SCFs in vivo. ..
- Bansal P, Nourse A, Abdulle R, Kitagawa K. Sgt1 dimerization is required for yeast kinetochore assembly. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3586-92 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, Sgt1 and Hsp90 help assemble the core kinetochore complex CBF3 by activating the CBF3 components Skp1 and Ctf13...
- Yong Gonzalez V, Wang B, Butylin P, Ouspenski I, Strunnikov A. Condensin function at centromere chromatin facilitates proper kinetochore tension and ensures correct mitotic segregation of sister chromatids. Genes Cells. 2007;12:1075-90 pubmed..These findings show that, in addition to its essential role in rDNA segregation, condensin mediates segregation of the whole genome by maintaining the centromere structure in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Baranes Bachar K, Baranes Bacher K, Khalaila I, Ivantsiv Y, Lavut A, Voloshin O, et al. New interacting partners of the F-box protein Ufo1 of yeast. Yeast. 2008;25:733-43 pubmed publisher..proteins that function in transcription, and an indirect interaction with Hsp70 molecular chaperones via the Skp1 adaptor; we also show that Ufo1 interacts with the 19S regulatory particle of the proteasome...
- Seol J, Feldman R, Zachariae W, Correll C, Lyapina S, Chi Y, et al. Cdc53/cullin and the essential Hrt1 RING-H2 subunit of SCF define a ubiquitin ligase module that activates the E2 enzyme Cdc34. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1614-26 pubmedSCFCdc4 (Skp1, Cdc53/cullin, F-box protein) defines a family of modular ubiquitin ligases (E3s) that regulate diverse processes including cell cycle, immune response, and development...
- Sedgwick C, Rawluk M, Decesare J, Raithatha S, Wohlschlegel J, Semchuk P, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ime2 phosphorylates Sic1 at multiple PXS/T sites but is insufficient to trigger Sic1 degradation. Biochem J. 2006;399:151-60 pubmed..In addition, the expression of Ime2 in G1 arrested haploid cells does not promote the destruction of Sic1. These data support a model where Ime2 is necessary but not sufficient to promote Sic1 destruction during sporulation. ..
- Sadhu M, Moresco J, Zimmer A, Yates J, Rine J. Multiple inputs control sulfur-containing amino acid synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:1653-65 pubmed publisher..This modification could be involved in the nutritional control of SCF(Met30) activity toward Met4. ..
- Willhoft O, Kerr R, Patel D, Zhang W, Al Jassar C, Daviter T, et al. The crystal structure of the Sgt1-Skp1 complex: the link between Hsp90 and both SCF E3 ubiquitin ligases and kinetochores. Sci Rep. 2017;7:41626 pubmed publisher..In these pathways Sgt1 interacts with Skp1, a small protein that heterodimerizes with proteins containing the F-box motif...
- Kondo Okamoto N, Ohkuni K, Kitagawa K, McCaffery J, Shaw J, Okamoto K. The novel F-box protein Mfb1p regulates mitochondrial connectivity and exhibits asymmetric localization in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3756-67 pubmed..MFB1 encodes an F-box protein family member, many of which function in Skp1-Cdc53/Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complexes...
- Willems A, Goh T, Taylor L, Chernushevich I, Shevchenko A, Tyers M. SCF ubiquitin protein ligases and phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 1999;354:1533-50 pubmed..of cell division are targeted for degradation by a recently described family of E3 ubiquitin protein ligases termed Skp1-Cdc53-F-box protein (SCF) complexes...
- Kishi T, Yamao F. An essential function of Grr1 for the degradation of Cln2 is to act as a binding core that links Cln2 to Skp1. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 24):3655-61 pubmedIn budding yeast, SCF complexes, composed of Skp1, Cdc53 and one of the F-box proteins, have been implicated in Cdc34-dependent ubiquitination...
- Blondel M, Galan J, Chi Y, LaFourcade C, Longaretti C, Deshaies R, et al. Nuclear-specific degradation of Far1 is controlled by the localization of the F-box protein Cdc4. EMBO J. 2000;19:6085-97 pubmed..The core SCF subunits Cdc53, Hrt1 and Skp1 were distributed in the nucleus and the cytoplasm, whereas the F-box protein Cdc4 was exclusively nuclear...
- Weerasekera R, She Y, Markham K, Bai Y, Opalka N, Orlicky S, et al. Interactome and interface protocol (2IP): a novel strategy for high sensitivity topology mapping of protein complexes. Proteomics. 2007;7:3835-52 pubmed..RNAP) core complex and subsequently applied to query the quaternary structure of components of the yeast Skp1-Cdc53/Cullin-F box (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complex...
- Koepp D, Kile A, Swaminathan S, Rodriguez Rivera V. The F-box protein Dia2 regulates DNA replication. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1540-8 pubmed..SCF (Skp1/Cul1/F-box protein) complexes are modular ubiquitin ligases whose specificity is determined by a substrate-binding ..
- Smardon A, Kane P. RAVE is essential for the efficient assembly of the C subunit with the vacuolar H(+)-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:26185-94 pubmed..Our data support a model where RAVE, through its interaction with subunit C, is facilitating V(1) peripheral stalk subunit interactions with V(0) during V-ATPase assembly. ..
- Orlicky S, Tang X, Willems A, Tyers M, Sicheri F. Structural basis for phosphodependent substrate selection and orientation by the SCFCdc4 ubiquitin ligase. Cell. 2003;112:243-56 pubmed..A 2.7 A X-ray crystal structure of a Skp1-Cdc4 complex bound to a high-affinity CPD phosphopeptide from human cyclin E reveals a core CPD motif, Leu-Leu-pThr-..
- Morohashi H, Maculins T, Labib K. The amino-terminal TPR domain of Dia2 tethers SCF(Dia2) to the replisome progression complex. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1943-9 pubmed publisherEukaryotic cells contain multiple versions of the E3 ubiquitin ligase known as the SCF (Skp1/cullin/F box), each of which is distinguished by a different F box protein that uses a domain at the carboxyl terminus to recognize substrates [1,..
- Kato M, Kito K, Ota K, Ito T. Remodeling of the SCF complex-mediated ubiquitination system by compositional alteration of incorporated F-box proteins. Proteomics. 2010;10:115-23 pubmed publisher..The Skp1-Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) complexes constitute a major family of ubiquitin protein ligases, in each member of ..
- Westermann S, Cheeseman I, Anderson S, Yates J, Drubin D, Barnes G. Architecture of the budding yeast kinetochore reveals a conserved molecular core. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:215-22 pubmed..We propose that a molecular core consisting of CENP-A, -C, -H, and Ndc80/HEC has been conserved from yeast to humans to link centromeres to spindle microtubules. ..
- Aghajan M, Jonai N, Flick K, Fu F, Luo M, Cai X, et al. Chemical genetics screen for enhancers of rapamycin identifies a specific inhibitor of an SCF family E3 ubiquitin ligase. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:738-42 pubmed publisher..screen to identify small-molecule enhancers of rapamycin (SMERs) and discovered an inhibitor (SMER3) of the Skp1-Cullin-F-box (SCF)(Met30) ubiquitin ligase, a member of the SCF E3-ligase family, which regulates diverse cellular ..
- Michel J, McCarville J, Xiong Y. A role for Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cul8 ubiquitin ligase in proper anaphase progression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:22828-37 pubmed..Cul8 are functionally distinct from Cdc53 and do not interact with ySkp1, suggesting that they target substrates by Skp1- and possibly F-box protein-independent mechanisms...
- Wang Y, Shirogane T, Liu D, Harper J, Elledge S. Exit from exit: resetting the cell cycle through Amn1 inhibition of G protein signaling. Cell. 2003;112:697-709 pubmed..Thus, Amn1 is part of a daughter-specific switch that helps cells exit from mitotic exit and reset the cell cycle. ..
- Kim N, Yoon H, Lee E, Song K. A new function of Skp1 in the mitotic exit of budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Microbiol. 2006;44:641-8 pubmedWe previously reported that Skp1, a component of the Skp1-Cullin-F-box protein (SCF) complex essential for the timely degradation of cell cycle proteins by ubiquitination, physically interacts with Bfa1, which is a key negative regulator ..
- Lammer D, Mathias N, Laplaza J, Jiang W, Liu Y, Callis J, et al. Modification of yeast Cdc53p by the ubiquitin-related protein rub1p affects function of the SCFCdc4 complex. Genes Dev. 1998;12:914-26 pubmed..By analogy with Aos1p, we infer that Enr2p functions in a bipartite Rub1p-activating enzyme. The second gene is SKP1, shown previously to be required for some ubiquitin-conjugation events...
- Orlicky S, Tang X, Neduva V, Elowe N, Brown E, Sicheri F, et al. An allosteric inhibitor of substrate recognition by the SCF(Cdc4) ubiquitin ligase. Nat Biotechnol. 2010;28:733-7 pubmed publisher..Mammalian WD40 domain proteins may exhibit similar allosteric responsiveness and hence represent an extensive class of druggable target. ..
- Smardon A, Tarsio M, Kane P. The RAVE complex is essential for stable assembly of the yeast V-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13831-9 pubmed
- Voloshin O, Gocheva Y, Gutnick M, Movshovich N, Bakhrat A, Baranes Bachar K, et al. Tubulin chaperone E binds microtubules and proteasomes and protects against misfolded protein stress. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2010;67:2025-38 pubmed publisher..The UbL also binds the Skp1-Cdc53-F-box (SCF) ubiquitin ligase complex; these competing interactions for the UbL may impact on MT dynamics...
- Nash P, Tang X, Orlicky S, Chen Q, Gertler F, Mendenhall M, et al. Multisite phosphorylation of a CDK inhibitor sets a threshold for the onset of DNA replication. Nature. 2001;414:514-21 pubmed..Multisite phosphorylation may be a more general mechanism to set thresholds in regulated protein-protein interactions. ..
- Catlett M, Kaplan K. Sgt1p is a unique co-chaperone that acts as a client adaptor to link Hsp90 to Skp1p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33739-48 pubmed..The multidomain nature of Sgt1p and its ability to bridge the interaction between Skp1p and Hsp82p argue that Sgt1p acts as a "client adaptor" recruiting specific clients to Hsp82p co-chaperone complexes. ..
- Zemla A, Thomas Y, Kedziora S, Knebel A, Wood N, Rabut G, et al. CSN- and CAND1-dependent remodelling of the budding yeast SCF complex. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1641 pubmed publisher..The molecular mechanism underlying this behaviour remains largely unclear. Here, we find that yeast SCF (Skp1-Cdc53-F-box) Cullin-RING complexes are remodelled in a CAND1-dependent manner, when cells are switched from growth ..
- Liu Y, Nakatsukasa K, Kotera M, Kanada A, Nishimura T, Kishi T, et al. Non-SCF-type F-box protein Roy1/Ymr258c interacts with a Rab5-like GTPase Ypt52 and inhibits Ypt52 function. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1575-84 pubmed publisherb>Skp1/Cul1/F-box (SCF)-type F-box proteins are a component of the Cullin-RING SCF ubiquitin E3 ligase, which is involved in numerous cellular processes. However, the function of non-SCF-type F-box proteins remains largely unknown...
- Hsiung Y, Chang H, Pellequer J, La Valle R, Lanker S, Wittenberg C. F-box protein Grr1 interacts with phosphorylated targets via the cationic surface of its leucine-rich repeat. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2506-20 pubmed..One class of E3 enzymes, SKp1/cullin/F-box protein (SCF), derives its specificity from F-box proteins, a heterogeneous family of adapters for ..
- Cope G, Suh G, Aravind L, Schwarz S, Zipursky S, Koonin E, et al. Role of predicted metalloprotease motif of Jab1/Csn5 in cleavage of Nedd8 from Cul1. Science. 2002;298:608-11 pubmed..We propose that JAMM isopeptidases play important roles in a variety of physiological pathways. ..
- Tang X, Orlicky S, Lin Z, Willems A, Neculai D, Ceccarelli D, et al. Suprafacial orientation of the SCFCdc4 dimer accommodates multiple geometries for substrate ubiquitination. Cell. 2007;129:1165-76 pubmed..This spatial variability may accommodate diverse acceptor lysine geometries in both substrates and the elongating ubiquitin chain and thereby increase catalytic efficiency. ..
- Smardon A, Nasab N, Tarsio M, Diakov T, Kane P. Molecular Interactions and Cellular Itinerary of the Yeast RAVE (Regulator of the H+-ATPase of Vacuolar and Endosomal Membranes) Complex. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:27511-23 pubmed publisher..Yeast RAVE contains three subunits: Rav1, Rav2, and Skp1. Rav1 is the largest subunit, and it binds Rav2 and Skp1 of RAVE; the E, G, and C subunits of the V-ATPase ..
- Bao M, Shock T, Madhani H. Multisite phosphorylation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae filamentous growth regulator Tec1 is required for its recognition by the E3 ubiquitin ligase adaptor Cdc4 and its subsequent destruction in vivo. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:31-6 pubmed publisher..The mating pathway MAPK, Fus3, phosphorylates Tec1, resulting in its recognition by the SCF (for Skp1, Cullin, F-box containing) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex, leading to its proteolysis...
- Kurz T, Chou Y, Willems A, Meyer Schaller N, Hecht M, Tyers M, et al. Dcn1 functions as a scaffold-type E3 ligase for cullin neddylation. Mol Cell. 2008;29:23-35 pubmed publisher..We show that Dcn1 is necessary and sufficient for cullin neddylation in a purified recombinant system. Taken together, these data demonstrate that Dcn1 is a scaffold-like E3 ligase for cullin neddylation. ..
- Brunson L, Dixon C, LeFebvre A, Sun L, Mathias N. Identification of residues in the WD-40 repeat motif of the F-box protein Met30p required for interaction with its substrate Met4p. Mol Genet Genomics. 2005;273:361-70 pubmed
- Yen J, Flick K, Papagiannis C, Mathur R, Tyrrell A, Ouni I, et al. Signal-induced disassembly of the SCF ubiquitin ligase complex by Cdc48/p97. Mol Cell. 2012;48:288-97 pubmed publisherA large group of E3 ubiquitin ligases is formed by the multisubunit SCF complex, whose core complex (Rbx1/Cul1-Cdc53/Skp1) binds one of many substrate recruiting F-box proteins to form an array of SCF ligases with diverse substrate ..
- Chen S, Shah A, Segev N. Ypt31/32 GTPases and their F-Box effector Rcy1 regulate ubiquitination of recycling proteins. Cell Logist. 2011;1:21-31 pubmed..Together, these results suggest a new role for ubiquitination in cargo recycling. Moreover, we propose that Ypt/Rabs integrate intra-cellular trafficking with ubiquitination. ..
- Brace E, Parkinson L, Fuller R. Skp1p regulates Soi3p/Rav1p association with endosomal membranes but is not required for vacuolar ATPase assembly. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:2104-13 pubmed..We isolated a separation of function allele of SKP1, skp1(Asn108Tyr), that completely abrogated the Rav1p interaction but allowed Skp1p to perform other essential ..
- Galan J, Peter M. Ubiquitin-dependent degradation of multiple F-box proteins by an autocatalytic mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:9124-9 pubmed
- DeLillo N, Romero C, Lin H, Vancura A. Genetic evidence for a role of phospholipase C at the budding yeast kinetochore. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;269:261-70 pubmed..PLC1 displays strong genetic interactions with genes encoding components of the inner kinetochore, including NDC10, SKP1, MIF2, CEP1, CEP3, and CTF13...
- Dixon C, Brunson L, Roy M, Smothers D, Sehorn M, Mathias N. Overproduction of polypeptides corresponding to the amino terminus of the F-box proteins Cdc4p and Met30p inhibits ubiquitin ligase activities of their SCF complexes. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:123-33 pubmed..These results suggest a common means to inhibit specific SCF complexes in vivo. ..
- Li Z, Vizeacoumar F, Bahr S, Li J, Warringer J, Vizeacoumar F, et al. Systematic exploration of essential yeast gene function with temperature-sensitive mutants. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:361-7 pubmed publisher..This mutant collection should facilitate a wide range of systematic studies aimed at understanding the functions of essential genes. ..
- Zhou P, Howley P. Ubiquitination and degradation of the substrate recognition subunits of SCF ubiquitin-protein ligases. Mol Cell. 1998;2:571-80 pubmed..The finding that the F box-containing SCF components are unstable suggests a mechanism of regulating SCF function through ubiquitination and proteolysis of F box components. ..
- McCourt P, Gallo Ebert C, Gonghong Y, Jiang Y, Nickels J. PP2A(Cdc55) regulates G1 cyclin stability. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:1201-10 pubmed publisher..In sum, our results indicate that PP2A is absolutely required to maintain G1-S cyclin levels through modulating their phosphorylation status, an event necessary to properly transit through the cell cycle. ..
- Barbey R, Baudouin Cornu P, Lee T, Rouillon A, Zarzov P, Tyers M, et al. Inducible dissociation of SCF(Met30) ubiquitin ligase mediates a rapid transcriptional response to cadmium. EMBO J. 2005;24:521-32 pubmed..Post-translational control of SCF(Met30) assembly by a physiological stress to allow rapid induction of a protective gene expression program represents a novel mode of regulation in the ubiquitin system. ..
- Hwang G, Wada N, Kuge S, Naganuma A. Overexpression of the novel F-box protein Ymr258c confers resistance to methylmercury in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Toxicol Sci. 2009;34:413-6 pubmed..Ymr258c is regarded as one of the F-box proteins, i.e., component factors of the Skp1/Cullin/F-box protein (SCF) complex that functions as a ubiquitin ligase in the ubiquitin-proteasome system...
- Beltrao P, Albanèse V, Kenner L, Swaney D, Burlingame A, Villen J, et al. Systematic functional prioritization of protein posttranslational modifications. Cell. 2012;150:413-25 pubmed publisher..Finally, our analysis of the evolution of PTM regulation highlights potential routes for neutral drift in regulatory interactions and suggests that only a fraction of modification sites are likely to have a significant biological role. ..
- Kaplun L, Ivantsiv Y, Bakhrat A, Raveh D. DNA damage response-mediated degradation of Ho endonuclease via the ubiquitin system involves its nuclear export. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48727-34 pubmed..These experiments elucidate some of the links between the DNA damage response and degradation of Ho by the ubiquitin system. ..