Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Dubacq C, Chevalier A, Mann C. The protein kinase Snf1 is required for tolerance to the ribonucleotide reductase inhibitor hydroxyurea. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2560-72 pubmed..Quantitative regulation of Snf1 kinase activity may contribute to the specificity of the effector responses that it controls. ..
- Vyas V, Kuchin S, Berkey C, Carlson M. Snf1 kinases with different beta-subunit isoforms play distinct roles in regulating haploid invasive growth. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1341-8 pubmed..Cells contain three forms of the Snf1 kinase, each with a different beta-subunit isoform, either Gal83, Sip1, or Sip2...
- Launay J, Birraux G, Bondoux D, Callebert J, Choi D, Loric S, et al. Ras involvement in signal transduction by the serotonin 5-HT2B receptor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3141-7 pubmed
- Yang X, Jiang R, Carlson M. A family of proteins containing a conserved domain that mediates interaction with the yeast SNF1 protein kinase complex. EMBO J. 1994;13:5878-86 pubmed..Previously, we identified SIP1 and SIP2 as proteins that interact with SNF1 in vivo by the two-hybrid system...
- Rutter J, Probst B, McKnight S. Coordinate regulation of sugar flux and translation by PAS kinase. Cell. 2002;111:17-28 pubmed..These studies provide evidence of a cell-autonomous signaling system that both controls and connects the balance of fuel consumption/storage to protein synthesis. ..
- Vincent O, Townley R, Kuchin S, Carlson M. Subcellular localization of the Snf1 kinase is regulated by specific beta subunits and a novel glucose signaling mechanism. Genes Dev. 2001;15:1104-14 pubmed..Snf1 kinase complexes contain the alpha (catalytic) subunit Snf1, one of the three related beta subunits Gal83, Sip1, or Sip2, and the gamma subunit Snf4...
- Mylin L, Bushman V, Long R, Yu X, Lebo C, Blank T, et al. SIP1 is a catabolite repression-specific negative regulator of GAL gene expression. Genetics. 1994;137:689-700 pubmed..Snf1p is known to associate with several proteins. One is Sip1p, a protein that becomes phosphorylated in the presence of Snf1p and thus is a candidate Snf1p kinase substrate...
- Li L, Kaplan J, Ward D. The glucose sensor Snf1 and the transcription factors Msn2 and Msn4 regulate transcription of the vacuolar iron importer gene CCC1 and iron resistance in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15577-15586 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we show that yeast have developed multiple transcriptional mechanisms to regulate Ccc1 expression and to protect against high cytosolic iron toxicity. ..
- Schmidt M, McCartney R. beta-subunits of Snf1 kinase are required for kinase function and substrate definition. EMBO J. 2000;19:4936-43 pubmed..Saccharomyces cerevisiae encodes three beta-subunit genes, SIP1, SIP2 and GAL83. Earlier studies suggested that these subunits may not be required for Snf1 kinase function...
- Jiang R, Carlson M. The Snf1 protein kinase and its activating subunit, Snf4, interact with distinct domains of the Sip1/Sip2/Gal83 component in the kinase complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:2099-106 pubmed..Here, we examine the possibility that a family of proteins, comprising Sip1, Sip2, and Gal83, serves this purpose...
- Backhaus K, Rippert D, Heilmann C, Sorgo A, de Koster C, Klis F, et al. Mutations in SNF1 complex genes affect yeast cell wall strength. Eur J Cell Biol. 2013;92:383-95 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analyses with mutants in cell wall integrity (CWI) signaling confirm that the SNF1 complex and the CWI pathway independently affect yeast cell integrity. ..
- Yang X, Hubbard E, Carlson M. A protein kinase substrate identified by the two-hybrid system. Science. 1992;257:680-2 pubmed..One of the genes, SIP1, was independently isolated as a multicopy suppressor of defects caused by reduced SNF1 kinase activity, and ..
- Kimura Y, Irie K, Mizuno T. Expression control of the AMPK regulatory subunit and its functional significance in yeast ER stress response. Sci Rep. 2017;7:46713 pubmed publisher..However, it remains unclear how the alternate three ? subunits, Sip1, Sip2, and Gal83, of the Snf1 complex participate in ER stress response...
- Hedbacker K, Hong S, Carlson M. Pak1 protein kinase regulates activation and nuclear localization of Snf1-Gal83 protein kinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8255-63 pubmed..of the activating kinases for the three forms of Snf1 protein kinase containing the beta-subunit isoforms Gal83, Sip1, and Sip2...
- Elbing K, McCartney R, Schmidt M. Purification and characterization of the three Snf1-activating kinases of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochem J. 2006;393:797-805 pubmed..Finally, we showed that the Snf1 kinase domain isolated from bacteria as a GST fusion protein can be activated in vitro and shows substrate specificity in the absence of its beta and gamma subunits. ..
- Erickson J, Johnston M. Genetic and molecular characterization of GAL83: its interaction and similarities with other genes involved in glucose repression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 1993;135:655-64 pubmed..The sequence of the predicted Gal83 protein is homologous to two other yeast proteins, Sip1p and Sip2p, which are known to interact with the SNF1 gene product, a protein kinase required for expression of the ..
- McCartney R, Chandrashekarappa D, Zhang B, Schmidt M. Genetic analysis of resistance and sensitivity to 2-deoxyglucose in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2014;198:635-46 pubmed publisher..Snf1 kinase activated by 2-deoxyglucose does not phosphorylate the Mig1 protein, a known Snf1 substrate during glucose limitation. Thus, different stimuli elicit distinct responses from the Snf1 kinase. ..