Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SGF29
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- García Oliver E, Pascual García P, García Molinero V, Lenstra T, Holstege F, Rodriguez Navarro S. A novel role for Sem1 and TREX-2 in transcription involves their impact on recruitment and H2B deubiquitylation activity of SAGA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:5655-68 pubmed publisher..These results unveil a new role for Sem1 in the activation of the SAGA-dependent gene GAL1 and influencing H2B deubiquitylation. Our work provides insights into a novel functional relationship between Sem1 and the SAGA complex. ..
- Spedale G, Mischerikow N, Heck A, Timmers H, Pijnappel W. Identification of Pep4p as the protease responsible for formation of the SAGA-related SLIK protein complex. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22793-9 pubmed publisher..Strains mimicking constitutive SLIK formation showed increased resistance to rapamycin treatment, suggesting a role for SLIK in regulating cellular responses to nutrient stress. ..
- Li J, Xue X, Ruan J, Wu M, Zhu Z, Zang J. Cloning, purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the tandem tudor domain of Sgf29 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:902-4 pubmed publisherThe protein Sgf29 has been identified as a subunit of the SAGA (Spt-Ada-Gcn5 acetyltransferase) histone acetyltransferase complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is conserved from yeast to humans...
- Durand A, Bonnet J, Fournier M, Chavant V, Schultz P. Mapping the deubiquitination module within the SAGA complex. Structure. 2014;22:1553-9 pubmed..A flexible protein arm brings both subunits close enough to interact simultaneously with TBP. ..
- Sermwittayawong D, Tan S. SAGA binds TBP via its Spt8 subunit in competition with DNA: implications for TBP recruitment. EMBO J. 2006;25:3791-800 pubmed..This simple model can explain SAGA's observed ability to both activate and repress transcription. ..
- Pray Grant M, Daniel J, Schieltz D, Yates J, Grant P. Chd1 chromodomain links histone H3 methylation with SAGA- and SLIK-dependent acetylation. Nature. 2005;433:434-8 pubmed..Our study identifies the first chromodomain that recognizes methylated histone H3 (Lys 4) and possibly identifies a larger subfamily of chromodomain proteins with similar recognition properties. ..
- Han Y, Luo J, Ranish J, Hahn S. Architecture of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae SAGA transcription coactivator complex. EMBO J. 2014;33:2534-46 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insight into SAGA function in gene regulation, its structural similarity with TFIID, and functional interactions between the SAGA modules. ..
- Setiaputra D, Ross J, Lu S, Cheng D, Dong M, Yip C. Conformational flexibility and subunit arrangement of the modular yeast Spt-Ada-Gcn5 acetyltransferase complex. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:10057-70 pubmed publisher..Our results relate information of overall SAGA structure with detailed subunit level interactions, improving our understanding of its architecture and flexibility. ..
- Bian C, Xu C, Ruan J, Lee K, Burke T, Tempel W, et al. Sgf29 binds histone H3K4me2/3 and is required for SAGA complex recruitment and histone H3 acetylation. EMBO J. 2011;30:2829-42 pubmed publisher..b>Sgf29 is a novel component of the SAGA complex...