Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SFL1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ryan O, Shapiro R, Kurat C, Mayhew D, Baryshnikova A, Chin B, et al. Global gene deletion analysis exploring yeast filamentous growth. Science. 2012;337:1353-6 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae and C. albicans. ..
- Chen R, Thorner J. Systematic epistasis analysis of the contributions of protein kinase A- and mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent signaling to nutrient limitation-evoked responses in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2010;185:855-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, although there are similarities between haploids and diploids, cell type-specific differences clearly alter the balance of the signaling inputs required to elicit the various nutrient limitation-evoked cellular behaviors. ..
- D Urso A, Takahashi Y, Xiong B, Marone J, Coukos R, Randise Hinchliff C, et al. Set1/COMPASS and Mediator are repurposed to promote epigenetic transcriptional memory. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Here, we show that INO1 memory in yeast is initiated by binding of the Sfl1 transcription factor to the cis-acting Memory Recruitment Sequence, targeting INO1 to the nuclear periphery...
- Song W, Carlson M. Srb/mediator proteins interact functionally and physically with transcriptional repressor Sfl1. EMBO J. 1998;17:5757-65 pubmed..repression of SUC2 caused by mutation of SRB8, SRB9, SRB11, SIN4 or ROX3 is suppressed by increased dosage of the SFL1 gene, and the genetic behavior of the sfl1Delta mutation provides further evidence for a functional relationship...
- Bester M, Jacobson D, Bauer F. Many Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cell Wall Protein Encoding Genes Are Coregulated by Mss11, but Cellular Adhesion Phenotypes Appear Only Flo Protein Dependent. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:131-41 pubmed publisher..This analysis shows that only FLO genes, in particular FLO1/10/11, appear to significantly impact on such phenotypes. Thus adhesion-related phenotypes are primarily dependent on the balance of FLO gene expression. ..
- Galeote V, Alexandre H, Bach B, Delobel P, Dequin S, Blondin B. Sfl1p acts as an activator of the HSP30 gene in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2007;52:55-63 pubmed..Finally, a genome-wide analysis of the effects of SFL1 deletion on gene expression revealed that Sfl1p controls the expression of a small number of genes, with some being activated by the protein and others repressed...
- Torbensen R, Møller H, Gresham D, Alizadeh S, Ochmann D, Boles E, et al. Amino acid transporter genes are essential for FLO11-dependent and FLO11-independent biofilm formation and invasive growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41272 pubmed publisher..One invasive mutant had elevated levels of FLO11 mRNA and a Q320STOP mutation in the SFL1 gene that encodes a protein kinase A pathway regulated repressor of FLO11...
- Cheng Y, Chen R. Assembly and quality control of the protein phosphatase 1 holoenzyme involves the Cdc48-Shp1 chaperone. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1180-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that Cdc48-Shp1 functions as a molecular chaperone for the structural integrity of PP1 complex in general and that it specifically promotes the assembly of Glc7-Sds22-Ypi1 for nuclear import. ..
- Bernard A, Jin M, Xu Z, Klionsky D. A large-scale analysis of autophagy-related gene expression identifies new regulators of autophagy. Autophagy. 2015;11:2114-2122 pubmed publisher..By providing a detailed analysis of the regulatory network of the ATG genes our study paves the way for future research on autophagy regulation and signaling. ..
- McDaniel S, Hepperla A, Huang J, Dronamraju R, Adams A, Kulkarni V, et al. H3K36 Methylation Regulates Nutrient Stress Response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by Enforcing Transcriptional Fidelity. Cell Rep. 2017;19:2371-2382 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Set2-enforced transcriptional fidelity is critical to the proper regulation of inducible and highly regulated transcription programs. ..