Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SFH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hsu J, Huang J, Meluh P, Laurent B. The yeast RSC chromatin-remodeling complex is required for kinetochore function in chromosome segregation. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:3202-15 pubmed..Mutations in genes encoding two core subunits of RSC, the ATPase Sth1p and the Snf5p homolog Sfh1p, interact genetically with mutations in genes encoding kinetochore proteins and with a mutation in centromeric DNA...
- Szerlong H, Saha A, Cairns B. The nuclear actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9: a dimeric module that cooperates with architectural proteins for chromatin remodeling. EMBO J. 2003;22:3175-87 pubmed..We propose that Arp7/9 dimers function with DNA bending proteins to facilitate proper chromatin architecture and complex- complex interactions. ..
- Schaaf G, Dynowski M, Mousley C, Shah S, Yuan P, Winklbauer E, et al. Resurrection of a functional phosphatidylinositol transfer protein from a pseudo-Sec14 scaffold by directed evolution. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:892-905 pubmed publisher..We identify mutations that confer Sec14-like activities to a functionally inert pseudo-Sec14 (Sfh1), which seemingly conserves all of the structural requirements for Sec14 function...
- Desai P, Guha N, Galdieri L, Hadi S, Vancura A. Plc1p is required for proper chromatin structure and activity of the kinetochore in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by facilitating recruitment of the RSC complex. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;281:511-23 pubmed publisher..The results thus provide a mechanistic explanation for the previously elusive role of Plc1p and InsPs in kinetochore function. ..
- Tripathi A, Nile A, Bankaitis V. Sec14-like phosphatidylinositol-transfer proteins and diversification of phosphoinositide signalling outcomes. Biochem Soc Trans. 2014;42:1383-8 pubmed publisher..In the present paper, we discuss our recent work with Sec14-like PITPs and describe how PITPs integrate diverse territories of the lipid metabolome with phosphoinositide signalling. ..
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Ferreira H, Flaus A, Owen Hughes T. Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:563-79 pubmed..These observations illustrate a range of different means by which modifications to histones can influence the action of remodelling enzymes. ..
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Guo J, Polymenis M. Dcr2 targets Ire1 and downregulates the unfolded protein response in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1124-7 pubmed..Our results are consistent with de-phosphorylation of Ire1 being a mechanism for antagonizing UPR signalling. ..
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..
- Saha A, Wittmeyer J, Cairns B. Chromatin remodeling by RSC involves ATP-dependent DNA translocation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2120-34 pubmed..Nucleosomes bearing nicks are remodeled less efficiently than intact nucleosomes. These results suggest that RSC and Sth1 are DNA translocases that use both DNA translocation and twist to remodel nucleosomes efficiently. ..