Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEC7
Description: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor SEC7
Alias: Arf family guanine nucleotide exchange factor SEC7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Stearns T, Willingham M, Botstein D, Kahn R. ADP-ribosylation factor is functionally and physically associated with the Golgi complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:1238-42 pubmed..Together, these results indicate that ARF functions in intracellular protein transport to or within the Golgi apparatus, a role not predicted by the previous in vitro biochemical studies. ..
- Sata M, Donaldson J, Moss J, Vaughan M. Brefeldin A-inhibited guanine nucleotide-exchange activity of Sec7 domain from yeast Sec7 with yeast and mammalian ADP ribosylation factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4204-8 pubmedThe Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sec7 protein (ySec7p), which is an important component of the yeast secretory pathway, contains a sequence of approximately 200 amino acids referred to as a Sec7 domain...
- Walch Solimena C, Novick P. The yeast phosphatidylinositol-4-OH kinase pik1 regulates secretion at the Golgi. Nat Cell Biol. 1999;1:523-5 pubmed
- Richardson B, McDonold C, Fromme J. The Sec7 Arf-GEF is recruited to the trans-Golgi network by positive feedback. Dev Cell. 2012;22:799-810 pubmed publisher..a detailed kinetic characterization of a functional Golgi Arf-GEF, the trans-Golgi network (TGN)-localized Sec7 protein from yeast. We demonstrate that Sec7 is regulated by both autoinhibition and positive feedback...
- Bacon R, Salminen A, Ruohola H, Novick P, Ferro Novick S. The GTP-binding protein Ypt1 is required for transport in vitro: the Golgi apparatus is defective in ypt1 mutants. J Cell Biol. 1989;109:1015-22 pubmed..We have also established genetic interactions between ypt1 and a subset of the other genes required for transport to and through the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Dehring D, Adler A, Hosseini A, Hicke L. A C-terminal sequence in the guanine nucleotide exchange factor Sec7 mediates Golgi association and interaction with the Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34188-96 pubmed publisher..Outside of their conserved catalytic domains, known as Sec7 domains, little is known about Arf GEFs...
- Qiu B, Zhang K, Wang S, Sun F. C-terminal motif within Sec7 domain regulates guanine nucleotide exchange activity via tuning protein conformation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:380-6 pubmed publisher..There are six families of Arf-GEFs with a common guanine exchange catalytic domain (Sec7 domain) and various mechanisms of guanine exchange activity regulation...
- Deitz S, Rambourg A, Kepes F, Franzusoff A. Sec7p directs the transitions required for yeast Golgi biogenesis. Traffic. 2000;1:172-83 pubmed..The sec7-4 temperature-sensitive allele is a mutation in the highly conserved Sec7 domain (Sec7d) found in all ARF-guanine ..
- Trautwein M, Dengjel J, Schirle M, Spang A. Arf1p provides an unexpected link between COPI vesicles and mRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5021-37 pubmed..Hereby acts the SHE machinery in long-range mRNA transport, whereas COPI vesicles could act as short-range and localization vehicles. The endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-Golgi shuttle might be involved in concentrating mRNA at the ER. ..
- Tomala K, Korona R. Alleviation of deleterious effects of protein mutation through inactivation of molecular chaperones. Mol Genet Genomics. 2008;280:409-17 pubmed publisher..We suggest that under non-stressful conditions, molecular chaperones are tuned to support folding of native proteins, but not that of mutated ones. ..
- Wolf J, Nicks M, Deitz S, van Tuinen E, Franzusoff A. An N-end rule destabilization mutant reveals pre-Golgi requirements for Sec7p in yeast membrane traffic. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;243:191-8 pubmedb>Sec7 protein (Sec7p) is required for membrane traffic in the yeast secretory pathway. Because Sec7p regulates more than one stage in the pathway, it has been difficult to assign the most proximal requirement for Sec7p action...
- Achstetter T, Franzusoff A, Field C, Schekman R. SEC7 encodes an unusual, high molecular weight protein required for membrane traffic from the yeast Golgi apparatus. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:11711-7 pubmedSaccharomyces cerevisiae with mutations at the sec7 locus are pleiotropically deficient in protein transport within the Golgi apparatus and proliferate a large array of Golgi cisternae at a restrictive growth temperature (37 degrees C)...
- Basco R, Cueva R, Andaluz E, Larriba G. In vivo processing of the precursor of the major exoglucanase by KEX2 endoprotease in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae secretory pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1310:110-8 pubmed..in the endoplasmic reticulum but was processed to the mature form (form B) before the block imposed by the sec7 mutation...
- McDonold C, Fromme J. Four GTPases differentially regulate the Sec7 Arf-GEF to direct traffic at the trans-golgi network. Dev Cell. 2014;30:759-67 pubmed publisher..The Golgi Arf-GEF Sec7 and the homologous BIG1/2 proteins are effectors of the Arf1 and Arl1 GTPases...