Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEC66
Description: Sec63 complex subunit SEC66
Alias: HSS1, KAR7, SEC71, Sec63 complex subunit SEC66
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Sato K, Sato M, Nakano A. Rer1p, a retrieval receptor for ER membrane proteins, recognizes transmembrane domains in multiple modes. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3605-16 pubmed..Thus, the Rer1p-dependent ER retrieval and the MVB sorting in late endosomes both watch polar residues in the TMD but in a different manner. ..
- Matlack K, Plath K, Misselwitz B, Rapoport T. Protein transport by purified yeast Sec complex and Kar2p without membranes. Science. 1997;277:938-41 pubmed..Movement through the channel occurred in detergent solution in the absence of a lipid bilayer. ..
- Lyman S, Schekman R. Binding of secretory precursor polypeptides to a translocon subcomplex is regulated by BiP. Cell. 1997;88:85-96 pubmed..This release reaction, which is specific to BiP and requires interaction between BiP and the DnaJ homolog Sec63p, defines a role for BiP and Sec63p early in the ER translocation process. ..
- Panzner S, Dreier L, Hartmann E, Kostka S, Rapoport T. Posttranslational protein transport in yeast reconstituted with a purified complex of Sec proteins and Kar2p. Cell. 1995;81:561-70 pubmed..We therefore hypothesize that distinct membrane protein complexes function in co- and posttranslational translocation pathways. ..
- Brizzio V, Khalfan W, Huddler D, Beh C, Andersen S, Latterich M, et al. Genetic interactions between KAR7/SEC71, KAR8/JEM1, KAR5, and KAR2 during nuclear fusion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:609-26 pubmed..KAR7 is allelic to SEC71, a gene involved in protein translocation into the endoplasmic reticulum...
- Harada Y, Li H, Wall J, Li H, Lennarz W. Structural studies and the assembly of the heptameric post-translational translocon complex. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2956-65 pubmed publisher..the heptameric complex into three subcomplexes identified as the trimeric translocon Sec61-Sbh1-Sss1, the Sec63-Sec71-Sec72 trimer, and the heterotetramer Sec62-Sec63-Sec71-Sec72, respectively...
- Kurihara T, Silver P. Suppression of a sec63 mutation identifies a novel component of the yeast endoplasmic reticulum translocation apparatus. Mol Biol Cell. 1993;4:919-30 pubmed..HSS1 is identical to SEC66, which encodes a glycoprotein complexed with SEC62p and SEC63p.
- Katta S, Chen J, Gardner J, Friederichs J, Smith S, Gogol M, et al. Sec66-Dependent Regulation of Yeast Spindle-Pole Body Duplication Through Pom152. Genetics. 2015;201:1479-95 pubmed publisher..In addition to the nucleoporins POM152 and POM34, we found that elimination of SEC66/SEC71/KAR7 suppressed lethality of cells lacking MPS2 or MPS3...
- Ast T, Michaelis S, Schuldiner M. The Protease Ste24 Clears Clogged Translocons. Cell. 2016;164:103-114 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on a new and critical task of Ste24, which safeguards the essential process of translocation. ..
- Mutka S, Walter P. Multifaceted physiological response allows yeast to adapt to the loss of the signal recognition particle-dependent protein-targeting pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:577-88 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that cells trade speed in cell growth for fidelity in protein sorting to adjust to life without SRP. ..
- Römisch K. Surfing the Sec61 channel: bidirectional protein translocation across the ER membrane. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 23):4185-91 pubmed..Retrograde transport of soluble proteins through the Sec61 channel after signal-peptide cleavage, however, must be mechanistically distinct from signal-peptide-mediated import into the ER through the same channel. ..
- Nishikawa S, Hirata A, Endo T. Nuclear inner membrane fusion facilitated by yeast Jem1p is required for spindle pole body fusion but not for the first mitotic nuclear division during yeast mating. Genes Cells. 2008;13:1185-95 pubmed publisher..Here we analyzed the ultrastructure of nuclei in jem1 Delta and sec71 Delta mutant zygotes using electron microscope with the freeze-substituted fixation method...
- Spiller M, Stirling C. Preferential targeting of a signal recognition particle-dependent precursor to the Ssh1p translocon in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21953-60 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the Ssh1p-dependent translocation of Sec71p was found to be dependent upon Sec63p, demonstrating a previously unappreciated functional interaction between Sec63p and the Ssh1p translocon. ..