Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEC28
Description: coatomer subunit epsilon
Alias: ANU2, coatomer subunit epsilon
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Brown C, Dunton D, Chiang H. The vacuole import and degradation pathway utilizes early steps of endocytosis and actin polymerization to deliver cargo proteins to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1516-28 pubmed publisher..Following the fusion of endosomes with the vacuole, cargo proteins are then degraded in the vacuole. ..
- Duden R, Kajikawa L, Wuestehube L, Schekman R. epsilon-COP is a structural component of coatomer that functions to stabilize alpha-COP. EMBO J. 1998;17:985-95 pubmed..Surprisingly, cells lacking epsilon-COP (sec28 Delta) grow well up to 34 degrees C and display normal trafficking of carboxypeptidase Y and KKXX-tagged proteins ..
- Brown C, Wolfe A, Cui D, Chiang H. The vacuolar import and degradation pathway merges with the endocytic pathway to deliver fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26116-27 pubmed publisher..Here, using biochemical and genetic approaches, we identified a requirement for SEC28 in FBPase degradation. SEC28 encodes the epsilon-COP subunit of COPI (coat protein complex I) coatomer proteins...
- Yu X, Breitman M, Goldberg J. A structure-based mechanism for Arf1-dependent recruitment of coatomer to membranes. Cell. 2012;148:530-42 pubmed publisher..A bivalent GTP-dependent binding mode has implications for the dynamics of coatomer interaction with the Golgi and for the selection of cargo molecules. ..
- Jarmoszewicz K, Łukasiak K, Riezman H, Kaminska J. Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase is required for protein trafficking in Saccharomyces cerevisiae COPI mutants. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39582 pubmed publisher..Here we find that the ubiquitin ligase mutation, rsp5-1, has a negative effect that is additive with ret1-1 and sec28? mutations, in genes encoding ?- and ?-COP, respectively...
- Giardina B, Dunton D, Chiang H. Vid28 protein is required for the association of vacuole import and degradation (Vid) vesicles with actin patches and the retention of Vid vesicle proteins in the intracellular fraction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11636-48 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the ARM domain is required for the association of Vid vesicles with actin patches and the retention of Vid vesicle proteins in the intracellular fraction. ..
- Hirata R, Nihei C, Nakano A. Isoform-selective oligomer formation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae p24 family proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37057-70 pubmed publisher..This complex was mainly localized to the Golgi, whereas the p24 complex containing Erv25, instead of Rrt6 but otherwise with the same isoform composition, was found mostly in the ER...
- Kimata Y, Higashio H, Kohno K. Impaired proteasome function rescues thermosensitivity of yeast cells lacking the coatomer subunit epsilon-COP. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10655-60 pubmed..The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene encoding the epsilon-COP subunit is known as SEC28/ANU2...
- Yip C, Walz T. Molecular structure and flexibility of the yeast coatomer as revealed by electron microscopy. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:825-31 pubmed publisher..Our analyses provide the first three-dimensional picture of the complete coatomer and reveal substantial conformational flexibility likely to be critical for its scaffolding function. ..
- Tu L, Tai W, Chen L, Banfield D. Signal-mediated dynamic retention of glycosyltransferases in the Golgi. Science. 2008;321:404-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vps74p maintains the steady-state localization of Golgi glycosyltransferases dynamically, by promoting their incorporation into COPI-coated vesicles. ..