Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEC27
Description: coatomer subunit beta'
Alias: coatomer subunit beta'
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Peyroche A, Courbeyrette R, Rambourg A, Jackson C. The ARF exchange factors Gea1p and Gea2p regulate Golgi structure and function in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:2241-53 pubmed..In addition, the structure of Golgi elements was severely perturbed in gea mutants. We conclude that Gea1p and Gea2p play an important role in the structure and functioning of the Golgi apparatus in yeast. ..
- Eremenko E, Ben Zvi A, Morozova Roche L, Raveh D. Aggregation of human S100A8 and S100A9 amyloidogenic proteins perturbs proteostasis in a yeast model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58218 pubmed publisher..on a background of unrelated metastable temperature-sensitive mutant proteins, Cdc53-1p, Cdc34-2p, Srp1-31p and Sec27-1p...
- Yu X, Breitman M, Goldberg J. A structure-based mechanism for Arf1-dependent recruitment of coatomer to membranes. Cell. 2012;148:530-42 pubmed publisher..A bivalent GTP-dependent binding mode has implications for the dynamics of coatomer interaction with the Golgi and for the selection of cargo molecules. ..
- Lee R, Brunette S, Puente L, Megeney L. Metacaspase Yca1 is required for clearance of insoluble protein aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13348-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that Yca1 contributes to the fitness and adaptability of growing yeast through an aggregate remodeling activity. ..
- Trautwein M, Dengjel J, Schirle M, Spang A. Arf1p provides an unexpected link between COPI vesicles and mRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5021-37 pubmed..Hereby acts the SHE machinery in long-range mRNA transport, whereas COPI vesicles could act as short-range and localization vehicles. The endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-Golgi shuttle might be involved in concentrating mRNA at the ER. ..
- Hirata R, Nihei C, Nakano A. Isoform-selective oligomer formation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae p24 family proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37057-70 pubmed publisher..This complex was mainly localized to the Golgi, whereas the p24 complex containing Erv25, instead of Rrt6 but otherwise with the same isoform composition, was found mostly in the ER...
- Esposito A, Kinzy T. The eukaryotic translation elongation Factor 1Bgamma has a non-guanine nucleotide exchange factor role in protein metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:37995-8004 pubmed publisher..Finally, eEF1B? co-immunoprecipitates with an essential component of ER-Golgi transport vesicles. Taken together, these results support a broader protein metabolism role for eEF1B?. ..
- Tu L, Tai W, Chen L, Banfield D. Signal-mediated dynamic retention of glycosyltransferases in the Golgi. Science. 2008;321:404-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vps74p maintains the steady-state localization of Golgi glycosyltransferases dynamically, by promoting their incorporation into COPI-coated vesicles. ..
- Yip C, Walz T. Molecular structure and flexibility of the yeast coatomer as revealed by electron microscopy. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:825-31 pubmed publisher..Our analyses provide the first three-dimensional picture of the complete coatomer and reveal substantial conformational flexibility likely to be critical for its scaffolding function. ..
- Sato M, Sato K, Nakano A. Evidence for the intimate relationship between vesicle budding from the ER and the unfolded protein response. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:560-7 pubmed..The overexpression of IRE1 suppresses the sec mutants defective in vesicle budding from the ER but not others, highlighting a close relationship between the ER exit and the UPR. ..
- Rein U, Andag U, Duden R, Schmitt H, Spang A. ARF-GAP-mediated interaction between the ER-Golgi v-SNAREs and the COPI coat. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:395-404 pubmed..The mechanisms by which v-SNAREs interact with COPI and COPII coat proteins seem to be different and may play a key role in determining specificity in vesicle budding...
- Kim D, Massey T, Sacher M, Pypaert M, Ferro Novick S. Sgf1p, a new component of the Sec34p/Sec35p complex. Traffic. 2001;2:820-30 pubmed..Although an earlier study suggested that Sec34p (Grd20p) is not required for protein secretion, we show here that the sec34-2 and sec35-1 mutations lead to a pleiotropic block in the secretion of all proteins into the growth medium. ..
- Frigerio G. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae early secretion mutant tip20 is synthetic lethal with mutants in yeast coatomer and the SNARE proteins Sec22p and Ufe1p. Yeast. 1998;14:633-46 pubmed..A subset of tip20 mutants was found to be lethal in combination with sec20-1, sec21-1, sec22-3 and sec27-1...
- Michelsen K, Schmid V, Metz J, Heusser K, Liebel U, Schwede T, et al. Novel cargo-binding site in the beta and delta subunits of coatomer. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:209-17 pubmed..A homology model of the COPI trunk domain illustrates the recognition of R-based signals by COPI. ..
- Kim K, Kim E, Jeong K, Park Y, Park H. Effects of mutations in the WD40 domain of ?-COP on its interaction with the COPI coatomer in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Microbiol. 2012;50:256-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, although the WD40 domain is dispensable for interaction of ?-COP with ?-COP, structural alterations in the WD40 domain could impair the interaction. ..