Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SEC26
Description: coatomer subunit beta
Alias: coatomer subunit beta
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Barlowe C. Coupled ER to Golgi transport reconstituted with purified cytosolic proteins. J Cell Biol. 1997;139:1097-108 pubmed..Ordering experiments using the dilution resistant intermediate and reversible Sec23p complex inhibition indicate Sec18p action is required before LMA1 function. ..
- DeRegis C, Rahl P, Hoffman G, Cerione R, Collins R. Mutational analysis of betaCOP (Sec26p) identifies an appendage domain critical for function. BMC Cell Biol. 2008;9:3 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate an essential function for the predicted betaCOP appendage and suggest that both COPI appendages perform a biologically active regulatory role with a structure related to adaptin-family appendage domains. ..
- Yu X, Breitman M, Goldberg J. A structure-based mechanism for Arf1-dependent recruitment of coatomer to membranes. Cell. 2012;148:530-42 pubmed publisher..A bivalent GTP-dependent binding mode has implications for the dynamics of coatomer interaction with the Golgi and for the selection of cargo molecules. ..
- Kim K, Kim E, Jeong K, Park Y, Park H. Effects of mutations in the WD40 domain of ?-COP on its interaction with the COPI coatomer in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Microbiol. 2012;50:256-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, although the WD40 domain is dispensable for interaction of ?-COP with ?-COP, structural alterations in the WD40 domain could impair the interaction. ..
- Hirata R, Nihei C, Nakano A. Isoform-selective oligomer formation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae p24 family proteins. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:37057-70 pubmed publisher..This complex was mainly localized to the Golgi, whereas the p24 complex containing Erv25, instead of Rrt6 but otherwise with the same isoform composition, was found mostly in the ER...
- Lee R, Brunette S, Puente L, Megeney L. Metacaspase Yca1 is required for clearance of insoluble protein aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13348-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that Yca1 contributes to the fitness and adaptability of growing yeast through an aggregate remodeling activity. ..
- Jarmoszewicz K, Łukasiak K, Riezman H, Kaminska J. Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase is required for protein trafficking in Saccharomyces cerevisiae COPI mutants. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39582 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rsp5 and Sla1 proteins were found by co-immunoprecipitation in a complex containing COPI subunits. Together, our results show that Rsp5 ligase plays a role in regulating retrograde Golgi-to-ER trafficking. ..