Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDS22
Description: type 1 protein phosphatase-activating protein SDS22
Alias: EGP1, type 1 protein phosphatase-activating protein SDS22
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- MacKelvie S, Andrews P, Stark M. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene SDS22 encodes a potential regulator of the mitotic function of yeast type 1 protein phosphatase. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:3777-85 pubmed..The gene which we have isolated (termed SDS22) encodes a product with a high degree of sequence identity to the fission yeast sds22 protein, a known regulator ..
- Zhang K, Lin W, Latham J, Riefler G, Schumacher J, Chan C, et al. The Set1 methyltransferase opposes Ipl1 aurora kinase functions in chromosome segregation. Cell. 2005;122:723-34 pubmed..Moreover, our findings suggest that antagonism between lysine methylation and serine phosphorylation is a fundamental mechanism for controlling protein function. ..
- Ramaswamy N, Li L, Khalil M, Cannon J. Regulation of yeast glycogen metabolism and sporulation by Glc7p protein phosphatase. Genetics. 1998;149:57-72 pubmed..The Glc7p/Gip1p holoenzyme may participate in completion of meiotic divisions or spore packaging because meiotic dyads predominate when some glc7 diploids sporulate. ..
- Böhm S, Buchberger A. The budding yeast Cdc48(Shp1) complex promotes cell cycle progression by positive regulation of protein phosphatase 1 (Glc7). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56486 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the Cdc48(Shp1) complex controls Glc7 activity by regulating its interaction with Glc8 and possibly further regulatory subunits. ..
- Ghosh A, Cannon J. Analysis of protein phosphatase-1 and aurora protein kinase suppressors reveals new aspects of regulatory protein function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69133 pubmed publisher..This work shows that lethality requires the function of Glc7 regulatory proteins Sds22, Reg2, and phosphorylated Glc8...
- Hong G, Trumbly R, Reimann E, Schlender K. Sds22p is a subunit of a stable isolatable form of protein phosphatase 1 (Glc7p) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000;376:288-98 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Sds22p forms a complex with Glc7p and that Sds22p:Glc7p is a stable isolatable form of yeast PP1. ..
- Robinson L, Phillips J, Brou L, Boswell E, Tatchell K. Suppressors of ipl1-2 in components of a Glc7 phosphatase complex, Cdc48 AAA ATPase, TORC1, and the kinetochore. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1687-701 pubmed publisher..include three intragenic, second-site revertants in IPL1; 17 mutations in Glc7 phosphatase components (GLC7, SDS22, YPI1); two mutations in SHP1, encoding a regulator of the AAA ATPase Cdc48; and a mutation in TCO89, encoding a ..
- Cheng Y, Chen R. Assembly and quality control of the protein phosphatase 1 holoenzyme involves the Cdc48-Shp1 chaperone. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:1180-92 pubmed publisher..Mutation or depletion of the PP1 regulatory subunits Sds22 and Ypi1, which are involved in nuclear targeting of Glc7, also produce Glc7 aggregates, indicating that ..