Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDH4
Description: succinate dehydrogenase membrane anchor subunit SDH4
Alias: ACN18, succinate dehydrogenase membrane anchor subunit SDH4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Baron J, Laws K, Chen J, Culotta V. Superoxide triggers an acid burst in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to condition the environment of glucose-starved cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4557-66 pubmed publisher..By triggering production of organic acids, mitochondrial superoxide has the potential to promote cell population growth under nutrient depravation stress. ..
- Oyedotun K, Sit C, Lemire B. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenase does not require heme for ubiquinone reduction. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1767:1436-45 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that heme is not required for electron transport from succinate to quinone nor is it necessary for assembly of the S. cerevisiae SDH. ..
- Oyedotun K, Lemire B. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate-ubiquinone reductase contains a stoichiometric amount of cytochrome b562. FEBS Lett. 1999;442:203-7 pubmed..or succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) is a tetramer of non-equivalent subunits encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. In most organisms, SDH contains one or two endogenous b-type hemes...
- Oyedotun K, Yau P, Lemire B. Identification of the heme axial ligands in the cytochrome b562 of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9432-9 pubmed..Loss of cytochrome b(562) has no effect on enzyme assembly and quinone reduction; the role of the heme in enzyme structure and function is discussed. ..
- Silkin Y, Oyedotun K, Lemire B. The role of Sdh4p Tyr-89 in ubiquinone reduction by the Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate dehydrogenase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1767:143-50 pubmed..Our results support a role for Tyr-89 in the protonation of ubiquinone and argue that the generation of reactive oxygen species is not causative of tumor formation. ..
- Chang Y, Hsieh M, Chang W, Wang H, Lin M, Wang C, et al. Instability of succinate dehydrogenase in SDHD polymorphism connects reactive oxygen species production to nuclear and mitochondrial genomic mutations in yeast. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015;22:587-602 pubmed publisher..In addition to the originally discovered yeast SDHD subunit Sdh4, a conserved homolog, Shh4, has recently been identified in budding yeast...