Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDH2
Description: succinate dehydrogenase iron-sulfur protein subunit SDH2
Alias: ACN17, succinate dehydrogenase iron-sulfur protein subunit SDH2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cao H, Yue M, Li S, Bai X, Zhao X, Du Y. The impact of MIG1 and/or MIG2 disruption on aerobic metabolism of succinate dehydrogenase negative Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;89:733-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, the amount of ethanol produced by BS2M was slightly decreased. With the mig2 mutant BSM2, the concentrations of pyruvate and glycerol were increased by 26.23% and 15.28%, respectively, compared to the parent strain B2S. ..
- Rezaei M, Aslankoohi E, Verstrepen K, Courtin C. Contribution of the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle and the glyoxylate shunt in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to succinic acid production during dough fermentation. Int J Food Microbiol. 2015;204:24-32 pubmed publisher..By contrast, double deletion of SDH1 and SDH2 resulted in a two-fold higher succinic acid accumulation compared to the wild-type...
- Lin A, Anderson S, Minard K, McAlister Henn L. Effects of excess succinate and retrograde control of metabolite accumulation in yeast tricarboxylic cycle mutants. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33737-46 pubmed publisherCellular and mitochondrial metabolite levels were measured in yeast TCA cycle mutants (sdh2? or fum1?) lacking succinate dehydrogenase or fumarase activities...
- Na U, Yu W, Cox J, Bricker D, Brockmann K, Rutter J, et al. The LYR factors SDHAF1 and SDHAF3 mediate maturation of the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase. Cell Metab. 2014;20:253-66 pubmed publisher..We show here that two factors, Sdh6 (SDHAF1) and Sdh7 (SDHAF3), mediate maturation of the FeS cluster SDH subunit (Sdh2/SDHB). Yeast and Drosophila lacking SDHAF3 are impaired in SDH activity with reduced levels of Sdh2...
- Melber A, Na U, Vashisht A, Weiler B, Lill R, Wohlschlegel J, et al. Role of Nfu1 and Bol3 in iron-sulfur cluster transfer to mitochondrial clients. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Given these observations, we propose that Nfu1, assisted by Bol3, functions to facilitate Fe-S transfer from the biosynthetic apparatus to the client proteins preventing oxidative damage to [4Fe-4S] clusters. ..
- Zhao H, Wang Q, Liu C, Shang Y, Wen F, Wang F, et al. A Role for the Respiratory Chain in Regulating Meiosis Initiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2018;208:1181-1194 pubmed publisher..In summary, our studies unveiled the close relationship between mitochondria and sporulation, and uncover a novel meiosis initiation pathway that is regulated by the respiratory chain. ..
- Oyedotun K, Lemire B. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae succinate-ubiquinone reductase contains a stoichiometric amount of cytochrome b562. FEBS Lett. 1999;442:203-7 pubmed..reductase or succinate dehydrogenase (SDH) is a tetramer of non-equivalent subunits encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. In most organisms, SDH contains one or two endogenous b-type hemes...