Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDH1
Description: succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein subunit SDH1
Alias: succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein subunit SDH1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Gonzalez Cabo P, Vázquez Manrique R, García Gimeno M, Sanz P, Palau F. Frataxin interacts functionally with mitochondrial electron transport chain proteins. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2091-8 pubmed..interaction experiments confirmed a functional relationship between YFH1 and succinate dehydrogenase genes SDH1 and SDH2...
- Zhu Q, Beattie D. Direct interaction between yeast NADH-ubiquinone oxidoreductase, succinate-ubiquinone oxidoreductase, and ubiquinol-cytochrome c oxidoreductase in the reduction of exogenous quinones. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:193-9 pubmed..The NADH dehydrogenase involved in the myxothiazol-sensitive quinone reduction faces the matrix side of the inner membrane suggesting that center o may be localized within the membrane at a similar depth as center i. ..
- Chen Y, Taylor E, Dephoure N, Heo J, Tonhato A, Papandreou I, et al. Identification of a protein mediating respiratory supercomplex stability. Cell Metab. 2012;15:348-60 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Rcf1 is a member of an evolutionarily conserved protein family that acts to promote respiratory supercomplex assembly and activity. ..
- Na U, Yu W, Cox J, Bricker D, Brockmann K, Rutter J, et al. The LYR factors SDHAF1 and SDHAF3 mediate maturation of the iron-sulfur subunit of succinate dehydrogenase. Cell Metab. 2014;20:253-66 pubmed publisher..Yeast studies revealed that Sdh6 and Sdh7 act together to promote Sdh2 maturation by binding to a Sdh1/Sdh2 intermediate, protecting it from the deleterious effects of oxidants...
- Dibrov E, Fu S, Lemire B. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae TCM62 gene encodes a chaperone necessary for the assembly of the mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase (complex II). J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32042-8 pubmed..SDH is encoded by the SDH1, SDH2, SDH3, and SDH4 genes. The holoenzyme is composed of two domains...
- Singer T, Massey V, Kearney E. Studies on succinic dehydrogenase. V. Isolation and properties of the dehydrogenase from baker's yeast. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1957;69:405-21 pubmed
- Giancaspero T, Wait R, Boles E, Barile M. Succinate dehydrogenase flavoprotein subunit expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae--involvement of the mitochondrial FAD transporter, Flx1p. FEBS J. 2008;275:1103-17 pubmed publisher..here to be due to a post-transcriptional control that involves regulatory sequences located upstream of the SDH1 coding sequence...
- Ciriacy M. Isolation and characterization of yeast mutants defective in intermediary carbon metabolism and in carbon catabolite derepression. Mol Gen Genet. 1977;154:213-20 pubmed..They were either defective in isocitrate lyase (ic11), succinate dehydrogenase (sdh1), or malate dehydrogenase (mdh1, mdh2), mdh-mutants could not uniformely be appointed to one of the known MDH ..
- Kim H, Winge D. Emerging concepts in the flavinylation of succinate dehydrogenase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1827:627-36 pubmed publisher..Essential in this catalysis is the covalently-linked cofactor flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD) in subunit1 (Sdh1) of the SDH enzyme complex. The mechanism of FAD insertion and covalent attachment to Sdh1 is unknown...
- Van Vranken J, Bricker D, Dephoure N, Gygi S, Cox J, Thummel C, et al. SDHAF4 promotes mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase activity and prevents neurodegeneration. Cell Metab. 2014;20:241-52 pubmed publisher..Sdh8 interacts specifically with the catalytic Sdh1 subunit in the mitochondrial matrix, facilitating its association with Sdh2 and the subsequent assembly of the SDH ..