Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SDC1
Alias: CPS25, SAF19, Sdc1p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Xiao T, Shibata Y, Rao B, Laribee R, O Rourke R, Buck M, et al. The RNA polymerase II kinase Ctk1 regulates positioning of a 5' histone methylation boundary along genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:721-31 pubmed
- Mueller J, Canze M, Bryk M. The requirements for COMPASS and Paf1 in transcriptional silencing and methylation of histone H3 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2006;173:557-67 pubmed..Finally, we show Paf1 is required for silencing and K4-methylated H3 at the rDNA, suggesting a possible direct role for K4-methylated H3 in gene silencing. ..
- Laribee R, Shibata Y, Mersman D, Collins S, Kemmeren P, Roguev A, et al. CCR4/NOT complex associates with the proteasome and regulates histone methylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5836-41 pubmed..These studies implicate CCR4/NOT in the regulation of H3K4me3 through a ubiquitin-dependent pathway that likely involves the proteasome. ..
- Mulder K, Brenkman A, Inagaki A, van den Broek N, Timmers H. Regulation of histone H3K4 tri-methylation and PAF complex recruitment by the Ccr4-Not complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:2428-39 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism in which the Ccr4-Not complex functions parallel to or downstream of the Bur1/2 kinase to facilitate H3K4me3 via PAF complex recruitment. ..
- Miller T, Krogan N, Dover J, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Johnston M, et al. COMPASS: a complex of proteins associated with a trithorax-related SET domain protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12902-7 pubmed..Molecular characterization of trithorax complexes will facilitate defining the role of this class of proteins in the regulation of gene expression and how their misregulation results in the development of human cancer. ..
- Nedea E, Nalbant D, Xia D, Theoharis N, Suter B, Richardson C, et al. The Glc7 phosphatase subunit of the cleavage and polyadenylation factor is essential for transcription termination on snoRNA genes. Mol Cell. 2008;29:577-87 pubmed publisher..Swd2 is also a subunit of the Set1c histone H3K4 methyltransferase complex and is required for its stability and optimal methyltransferase activity. ..
- Takahashi Y, Lee J, Swanson S, Saraf A, Florens L, Washburn M, et al. Regulation of H3K4 trimethylation via Cps40 (Spp1) of COMPASS is monoubiquitination independent: implication for a Phe/Tyr switch by the catalytic domain of Set1. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3478-86 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide a molecular basis for the way in which H3K4 trimethylation is regulated by Tyr1052 and the Cps40 subunit of COMPASS. ..
- South P, Fingerman I, Mersman D, Du H, Briggs S. A conserved interaction between the SDI domain of Bre2 and the Dpy-30 domain of Sdc1 is required for histone methylation and gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:595-607 pubmed publisher..Besides the catalytic Set1 subunit, several proteins that form the Set1C (Swd1, Swd2, Swd3, Spp1, Bre2, and Sdc1) are also needed to mediate proper H3K4 methylation...
- Zheng S, Wyrick J, Reese J. Novel trans-tail regulation of H2B ubiquitylation and H3K4 methylation by the N terminus of histone H2A. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3635-45 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the HAR is partially occluded by nucleosomal DNA, suggesting that the function of the H2A cross talk pathway is to restrict histone modifications to nucleosomes altered by transcription. ..
- Denison C, Rudner A, Gerber S, Bakalarski C, Moazed D, Gygi S. A proteomic strategy for gaining insights into protein sumoylation in yeast. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2005;4:246-54 pubmed..These data combine with recent works to further our understanding of the breadth and impact of protein sumoylation in a diverse array of biological processes. ..
- Kim J, Kim J, McGinty R, Nguyen U, Muir T, Allis C, et al. The n-SET domain of Set1 regulates H2B ubiquitylation-dependent H3K4 methylation. Mol Cell. 2013;49:1121-33 pubmed publisher..As not all members of the H3K4 methyltransferase family contain n-SET domains, our studies draw attention to the n-SET domain as a predictor of an H2B ubiquitylation-sensing mechanism that leads to downstream H3K4 methylation. ..
- Wohlschlegel J, Johnson E, Reed S, Yates J. Global analysis of protein sumoylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45662-8 pubmed..Additionally, our global analysis has revealed a number of interesting biological patterns in the list of SUMO targets including a clustering of sumoylation targets within macromolecular complexes. ..
- Li S, Swanson S, Gogol M, Florens L, Washburn M, Workman J, et al. Serine and SAM Responsive Complex SESAME Regulates Histone Modification Crosstalk by Sensing Cellular Metabolism. Mol Cell. 2015;60:408-21 pubmed publisher..This leads to auto-regulation of PYK1 expression. Thus, our study provides insights into the mechanism of regulating gene expression, responding to cellular metabolism via chromatin modifications. ..