Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SCS2
Description: phosphatidylinositol-binding protein SCS2
Alias: phosphatidylinositol-binding protein SCS2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kato T, Kubo A, Nagayama T, Kume S, Tanaka C, Nakayama Y, et al. Genetic analysis of the regulation of the voltage-gated calcium channel homolog Cch1 by the ? subunit homolog Ecm7 and cortical ER protein Scs2 in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181436 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel Cch1-interacting protein, Scs2, which is known as a cortical endoplasmic reticulum membrane protein...
- Tabuchi M, Audhya A, Parsons A, Boone C, Emr S. The phosphatidylinositol 4,5-biphosphate and TORC2 binding proteins Slm1 and Slm2 function in sphingolipid regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5861-75 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that Slm1 and Slm2 define a molecular link between phosphoinositide and sphingolipid signaling and thereby regulate actin cytoskeleton organization. ..
- Chao J, Wong A, Tavassoli S, Young B, Chruscicki A, Fang N, et al. Polarization of the endoplasmic reticulum by ER-septin tethering. Cell. 2014;158:620-32 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that a direct interaction between the ER protein Scs2 and the septin Shs1 creates the ER diffusion barrier in yeast...
- Felberbaum R, Wilson N, Cheng D, Peng J, Hochstrasser M. Desumoylation of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane VAP family protein Scs2 by Ulp1 and SUMO regulation of the inositol synthesis pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:64-75 pubmed publisher..A prominent ~50-kDa sumoylated protein accumulates in a Ulp1 CC mutant. The protein was identified as Scs2, an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane protein that regulates phosphatidylinositol synthesis and lipid trafficking...
- Gaspar M, Chang Y, Jesch S, Aregullin M, Henry S. Interaction between repressor Opi1p and ER membrane protein Scs2p facilitates transit of phosphatidic acid from the ER to mitochondria and is essential for INO1 gene expression in the presence of choline. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:18713-18728 pubmed publisher..it interacts with the Ino2p-Ino4p complex, attenuating transcription of INO1 A strain devoid of Scs2p (scs2?) and a mutant, OPI1FFAT, lacking the ability to interact with Scs2p were utilized to examine the ..
- Neller J, DÃ¼nkler A, RÃ¶sler R, Johnsson N. A protein complex containing Epo1p anchors the cortical endoplasmic reticulum to the yeast bud tip. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:71-87 pubmed publisher..This analysis therefore identifies Epo1p as a novel and important component of the polarisome that promotes cER tethering at sites of polarized growth. ..
- Weber Boyvat M, Kentala H, PerÃ¤nen J, Olkkonen V. Ligand-dependent localization and function of ORP-VAP complexes at membrane contact sites. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2015;72:1967-87 pubmed publisher..The data suggest evolutionarily conserved, complex ligand-dependent functions of ORP-VAP complexes at MCSs, with implications for cellular lipid homeostasis and signaling. ..
- Nakamichi S, Yamanaka K, Suzuki M, Watanabe T, Kagiwada S. Human VAPA and the yeast VAP Scs2p with an altered proline distribution can phenocopy amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-associated VAPB(P56S). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;404:605-9 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the appropriate distribution of three conserved prolines, not the existence of a particular proline, confers VAPA and Scs2p resistance to the Pro-56 mutation and, therefore, is critical for VAP activities. ..
- Han S, Lone M, Schneiter R, Chang A. Orm1 and Orm2 are conserved endoplasmic reticulum membrane proteins regulating lipid homeostasis and protein quality control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5851-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the yeast Orm proteins control membrane biogenesis by coordinating lipid homeostasis with protein quality control. ..
- Obara K, Kihara A. The Rim101 pathway contributes to ER stress adaptation through sensing the state of plasma membrane. Biochem J. 2017;474:51-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Rim101 pathway is important for the adaptation to ER stress by compensating for alterations in PM lipid asymmetry induced by ER stress. ..
- Zhao C, Beeler T, Dunn T. Suppressors of the Ca(2+)-sensitive yeast mutant (csg2) identify genes involved in sphingolipid biosynthesis. Cloning and characterization of SCS1, a gene required for serine palmitoyltransferase activity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:21480-8 pubmed..All mutant strains in two of the complementation groups (scs1 and scs2) simultaneously acquire a requirement for 10 mM Ca2+, whereas wild type grow with only trace amounts of Ca2+...
- Wilson J, Thompson S, Barlowe C. Yet1p-Yet3p interacts with Scs2p-Opi1p to regulate ER localization of the Opi1p repressor. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1430-9 pubmed publisher..Together our data demonstrate that a physical association between the Yet complex and Scs2p-Opi1p is required for proper localization of the Opi1p repressor to ER membranes and subsequent INO1 derepression. ..
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. PtdIns(3)P accumulation in triple lipid-phosphatase-deletion mutants triggers lethal hyperactivation of the Rho1p/Pkc1p cell-integrity MAP kinase pathway. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:5589-601 pubmed..Taken together, the results of this study indicated that aberrant Rho1p/Pkc1p signaling contributes to the lethal effects of PtdIns(3)P accumulation in cells deficient in PI 3-phosphatase activity. ..
- Kagiwada S, Hashimoto M. The yeast VAP homolog Scs2p has a phosphoinositide-binding ability that is correlated with its activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;364:870-6 pubmed..When several lysine residues in the MSP domain were substituted for alanine, the resulting mutant Scs2 proteins lost the phosphoinositide-binding ability and failed to complement the inositol auxotrophy of an scs2 ..
- Tavassoli S, Chao J, Young B, Cox R, Prinz W, de Kroon A, et al. Plasma membrane--endoplasmic reticulum contact sites regulate phosphatidylcholine synthesis. EMBO Rep. 2013;14:434-40 pubmed publisher..Opi3 activity requires Osh3, which localizes to PM-ER contacts where it might facilitate in trans catalysis by Opi3. Thus, membrane contact sites provide a structural mechanism to regulate lipid synthesis. ..
- Loewen C, Young B, Tavassoli S, Levine T. Inheritance of cortical ER in yeast is required for normal septin organization. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:467-83 pubmed..We find that cER inheritance is defective in cells lacking Scs2, a yeast homologue of the integral ER membrane protein VAP (vesicle-associated membrane protein-associated protein) ..
- Masuda M, Oshima A, Noguchi T, Kagiwada S. Induction of intranuclear membranes by overproduction of Opi1p and Scs2p, regulators for yeast phospholipid biosynthesis, suggests a mechanism for Opi1p nuclear translocation. J Biochem. 2016;159:351-61 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that Opi1p dissociates from Scs2p after targeting to the nuclear membrane, making it possible to be released from the membrane quickly when PA levels decrease. ..