Gene Symbol: SAM50
Description: SAM complex subunit SAM50
Alias: OMP85, TOB55, SAM complex subunit SAM50
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Habib S, Waizenegger T, Lech M, Neupert W, Rapaport D. Assembly of the TOB complex of mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6434-40 pubmed..b>Tob55 is an essential component of the TOB complex in that it constitutes the core element of the protein-conducting ..
- Kozjak V, Wiedemann N, Milenkovic D, Lohaus C, Meyer H, Guiard B, et al. An essential role of Sam50 in the protein sorting and assembly machinery of the mitochondrial outer membrane. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48520-3 pubmed..We have identified Sam50, the second essential protein of the mitochondrial outer membrane...
- Becker T, Wenz L, Thornton N, Stroud D, Meisinger C, Wiedemann N, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondria: dual role of Tom7 in modulating assembly of the preprotein translocase of the outer membrane. J Mol Biol. 2011;405:113-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tom7 modulates the biogenesis of topologically different proteins, the ?-barrel forming protein Tom40 and Tom22 that contains a transmembrane ?-helix. ..
- Harner M, Korner C, Walther D, Mokranjac D, Kaesmacher J, Welsch U, et al. The mitochondrial contact site complex, a determinant of mitochondrial architecture. EMBO J. 2011;30:4356-70 pubmed publisher..Loss of MICOS subunits results in loss of respiratory competence and altered inheritance of mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Korner C, Barrera M, Dukanovic J, Eydt K, Harner M, Rabl R, et al. The C-terminal domain of Fcj1 is required for formation of crista junctions and interacts with the TOB/SAM complex in mitochondria. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:2143-55 pubmed publisher..This domain interacts with full-length Fcj1, suggesting a role in oligomer formation. It also interacts with Tob55 of the translocase of outer membrane ?-barrel proteins (TOB)/sorting and assembly machinery (SAM) complex, which ..
- Yamano K, Tanaka Yamano S, Endo T. Mdm10 as a dynamic constituent of the TOB/SAM complex directs coordinated assembly of Tom40. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:187-93 pubmed publisher..These results show that Mdm10 regulates the timing of release of unassembled Tom40 from the TOB complex, to facilitate its coordinated assembly into the TOM40 complex. ..
- Stojanovski D, Guiard B, Kozjak Pavlovic V, Pfanner N, Meisinger C. Alternative function for the mitochondrial SAM complex in biogenesis of alpha-helical TOM proteins. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:881-93 pubmed..Thus, the substrate specificity of SAM is not restricted to beta-barrel proteins but also includes the majority of alpha-helical Tom proteins. ..
- Bohnert M, Wenz L, Zerbes R, Horvath S, Stroud D, von der Malsburg K, et al. Role of mitochondrial inner membrane organizing system in protein biogenesis of the mitochondrial outer membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3948-56 pubmed publisher..MINOS binds to the SAM complex via the conserved polypeptide transport-associated domain of Sam50. Mitochondria lacking mitofilin, the large core subunit of MINOS, are impaired in the biogenesis of ?-barrel ..
- Wenz L, Ellenrieder L, Qiu J, Bohnert M, Zufall N, van der Laan M, et al. Sam37 is crucial for formation of the mitochondrial TOM-SAM supercomplex, thereby promoting Î²-barrel biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:1047-54 pubmed publisher..The SAM core complex contains the channel protein Sam50, which cooperates with Sam35 in precursor recognition, and the peripheral membrane protein Sam37...