Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAM37
Description: SAM complex subunit SAM37
Alias: MAS37, PET3027, TOM37, SAM complex subunit SAM37
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chan N, Lithgow T. The peripheral membrane subunits of the SAM complex function codependently in mitochondrial outer membrane biogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:126-36 pubmed..in bacterial outer membranes, but the eukaryotic SAM complex is distinguished by two peripheral subunits, Sam37 and Sam35, that sit on the cytosolic face of the complex...
- Dukanovic J, Dimmer K, Bonnefoy N, Krumpe K, Rapaport D. Genetic and functional interactions between the mitochondrial outer membrane proteins Tom6 and Sam37. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5975-88 pubmed publisher..Three proteins, Sam50 (Tob55), Sam35 (Tob38/Tom38), and Sam37 (Mas37), have been identified as the core constituents of the latter complex...
- Thornton N, Stroud D, Milenkovic D, Guiard B, Pfanner N, Becker T. Two modular forms of the mitochondrial sorting and assembly machinery are involved in biogenesis of alpha-helical outer membrane proteins. J Mol Biol. 2010;396:540-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the modular composition of the SAM complex provides a flexible platform to integrate the sorting pathways of different precursor proteins and to promote their assembly into oligomeric complexes. ..
- Stroud D, Becker T, Qiu J, Stojanovski D, Pfannschmidt S, Wirth C, et al. Biogenesis of mitochondrial ?-barrel proteins: the POTRA domain is involved in precursor release from the SAM complex. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:2823-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the POTRA domain of Sam50 is not essential for recognition of ?-barrel precursors but functions in a subsequent step to promote the release of precursor proteins from the SAM complex. ..
- Gebert N, Joshi A, Kutik S, Becker T, McKenzie M, Guan X, et al. Mitochondrial cardiolipin involved in outer-membrane protein biogenesis: implications for Barth syndrome. Curr Biol. 2009;19:2133-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a new role for cardiolipin in protein sorting at the mitochondrial outer membrane and bear implications for the pathogenesis of Barth syndrome. ..
- Dagley M, Gentle I, Beilharz T, Pettolino F, Djordjevic J, Lo T, et al. Cell wall integrity is linked to mitochondria and phospholipid homeostasis in Candida albicans through the activity of the post-transcriptional regulator Ccr4-Pop2. Mol Microbiol. 2011;79:968-89 pubmed publisher..We focus on the mitochondrial outer membrane SAM complex subunit Sam37, demonstrating that it is required for both trafficking of phospholipids between the ER and mitochondria ..
- Wenz L, Ellenrieder L, Qiu J, Bohnert M, Zufall N, van der Laan M, et al. Sam37 is crucial for formation of the mitochondrial TOM-SAM supercomplex, thereby promoting Î²-barrel biogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2015;210:1047-54 pubmed publisher..channel protein Sam50, which cooperates with Sam35 in precursor recognition, and the peripheral membrane protein Sam37. The molecular function of Sam37 has been unknown...
- Ponce Rojas J, Avendaño Monsalve M, Yañez Falcón A, Jaimes Miranda F, Garay E, Torres Quiroz F, et al. ??'-NAC cooperates with Sam37 to mediate early stages of mitochondrial protein import. FEBS J. 2017;284:814-830 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae is specifically involved in the process of mitochondrial import and functionally cooperates with Sam37, an outer membrane protein subunit of the sorting and assembly machinery complex...
- Xue Y, Schmollinger S, Attar N, Campos O, Vogelauer M, Carey M, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum-mitochondria junction is required for iron homeostasis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13197-13204 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that proper communication between the ER and mitochondria is required for appropriate maintenance of cellular iron levels. ..