Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAM2
Description: methionine adenosyltransferase SAM2
Alias: ETH2, methionine adenosyltransferase SAM2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ranish J, Yi E, Leslie D, Purvine S, Goodlett D, Eng J, et al. The study of macromolecular complexes by quantitative proteomics. Nat Genet. 2003;33:349-55 pubmed
- Luo Y, Yuan Z, Luo G, Zhao F. Expression of secreted His-tagged S-adenosylmethionine synthetase in the methylotrophic yeast Pichia pastoris and its characterization, one-step purification, and immobilization. Biotechnol Prog. 2008;24:214-20 pubmed..a simple and effective way to enzymatically synthesize and produce SAM, a soluble form of SAM synthetase encoded by SAM2 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae was successfully produced at high level ( approximately 200 mg/L) by the recombinant ..
- Bockhorn J, Balar B, He D, Seitomer E, Copeland P, Kinzy T. Genome-wide screen of Saccharomyces cerevisiae null allele strains identifies genes involved in selenomethionine resistance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17682-7 pubmed publisher..The CYS3 deletion strain provides advantages for an easy and cost-effective method to prepare SeMet-substituted protein in yeast and perhaps other eukaryotic systems. ..
- Dato L, Berterame N, Ricci M, Paganoni P, Palmieri L, Porro D, et al. Changes in SAM2 expression affect lactic acid tolerance and lactic acid production in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Microb Cell Fact. 2014;13:147 pubmed publisher..Western blot analyses showed that lactic acid exposure correlates with an increase in protein levels. The SAM2 gene was then overexpressed and deleted in laboratory strains...
- Li S, Swanson S, Gogol M, Florens L, Washburn M, Workman J, et al. Serine and SAM Responsive Complex SESAME Regulates Histone Modification Crosstalk by Sensing Cellular Metabolism. Mol Cell. 2015;60:408-21 pubmed publisher..This leads to auto-regulation of PYK1 expression. Thus, our study provides insights into the mechanism of regulating gene expression, responding to cellular metabolism via chromatin modifications. ..
- Eschrich D, Buchhaupt M, Kötter P, Entian K. Nep1p (Emg1p), a novel protein conserved in eukaryotes and archaea, is involved in ribosome biogenesis. Curr Genet. 2002;40:326-38 pubmed
- Malkowski M, Quartley E, Friedman A, Babulski J, Kon Y, Wolfley J, et al. Blocking S-adenosylmethionine synthesis in yeast allows selenomethionine incorporation and multiwavelength anomalous dispersion phasing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:6678-83 pubmed..sam1(-) sam2(-) mutants, in which the conversion of methionine to S-adenosylmethionine is blocked, exhibit reduced ..
- Harrison R, Papp B, Pal C, Oliver S, Delneri D. Plasticity of genetic interactions in metabolic networks of yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2307-12 pubmed..Our work supports the view that functional redundancy may be more apparent than real, and it offers a unified framework for the evolution of environmental adaptation and mutational robustness. ..
- Cherest H, Surdin Kerjan Y. S-adenosyl methionine requiring mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: evidences for the existence of two methionine adenosyl transferases. Mol Gen Genet. 1978;163:153-67 pubmed..In addition, SAM1 and SAM2 loci have been identified respectively with the ETH-10 and ETH2 loci previously described. Biochemical evidences corroborate the genetic results...