Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAM1
Description: methionine adenosyltransferase SAM1
Alias: ETH10, methionine adenosyltransferase SAM1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ogawa T, Tsubakiyama R, Kanai M, Koyama T, Fujii T, Iefuji H, et al. Stimulating S-adenosyl-l-methionine synthesis extends lifespan via activation of AMPK. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:11913-11918 pubmed..05% glucose) conditions. Thus, our data uncovered molecular links between Met metabolites and lifespan, suggesting a unique function of AdoMet as a reservoir of Met and ATP for cell survival. ..
- Cherest H, Surdin Kerjan Y, Antoniewski J, De Robichon Szulmajster H. Effects of regulatory mutations upon methionine biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: loci eth2-eth3-eth10. J Bacteriol. 1973;115:1084-93 pubmedThe effects of mutations occurring at three independent loci, eth2, eth3, and eth10, were studied on the basis of several criteria: level of resistance towards two methionine analogues (ethionine and selenomethionine), pool sizes of free ..
- Harrison R, Papp B, Pal C, Oliver S, Delneri D. Plasticity of genetic interactions in metabolic networks of yeast. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2307-12 pubmed..Our work supports the view that functional redundancy may be more apparent than real, and it offers a unified framework for the evolution of environmental adaptation and mutational robustness. ..
- Zheng S, Shuman S, Schwer B. Sinefungin resistance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae arising from Sam3 mutations that inactivate the AdoMet transporter or from increased expression of AdoMet synthase plus mRNA cap guanine-N7 methyltransferase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6895-903 pubmed..These results are consistent with the proposal that mRNA cap methylation is a principal target of sinefungin's bioactivity. ..
- Mirzaei H, Rogers R, Grimes B, Eng J, Aderem A, Aebersold R. Characterizing the connectivity of poly-ubiquitin chains by selected reaction monitoring mass spectrometry. Mol Biosyst. 2010;6:2004-14 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae. We then applied the method to detect toxin induced changes in the poly-ubiquitination profile in complex and enriched protein samples. ..