Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SAC7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ho H, Lee H, Liao H, Chen M. Involvement of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Avo3p/Tsc11p in maintaining TOR complex 2 integrity and coupling to downstream signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2008;7:1328-43 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that Avo2p/Slm1p-mediated signaling, but not Avo1p-mediated signaling, links to Rho1p activation specifically through the Rho1p-guanine nucleotide exchange factor Tus1p. ..
- Bickle M, Delley P, Schmidt A, Hall M. Cell wall integrity modulates RHO1 activity via the exchange factor ROM2. EMBO J. 1998;17:2235-45 pubmed..controls the actin cytoskeleton by activating a GTPase switch consisting of RHO1 (GTPase), ROM2 (GEF) and SAC7 (GAP). We have identified two mutations, rot1-1 and rot2-1, that suppress the loss of TOR2 and are synthetic-lethal...
- Pracheil T, Thornton J, Liu Z. TORC2 signaling is antagonized by protein phosphatase 2A and the Far complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2012;190:1325-39 pubmed publisher..Here we report that mutations in SAC7 and FAR11 suppress lethality of lst8? and TORC2-deficient (tor2-21) mutations but not TORC1 inactivation, ..
- Schmidt A, Schmelzle T, Hall M. The RHO1-GAPs SAC7, BEM2 and BAG7 control distinct RHO1 functions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2002;45:1433-41 pubmed..Several regulators for RHO1 are known, including the GTPase-activating proteins (GAPs) SAC7 and BEM2...
- Jorgensen P, Nelson B, Robinson M, Chen Y, Andrews B, Tyers M, et al. High-resolution genetic mapping with ordered arrays of Saccharomyces cerevisiae deletion mutants. Genetics. 2002;162:1091-9 pubmed..In principle, SGAM should be applicable to the analysis of multigenic traits. Large-scale construction of ordered mutations in other model organisms would broaden the application of this approach. ..
- Green R, Lesage G, Sdicu A, Menard P, Bussey H. A synthetic analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae stress sensor Mid2p, and identification of a Mid2p-interacting protein, Zeo1p, that modulates the PKC1-MPK1 cell integrity pathway. Microbiology. 2003;149:2487-99 pubmed..Thus, MID2 and ZEO1 appear to play reciprocal roles in the modulation of the yeast PKC1-MPK1 cell integrity pathway. ..
- Dunn T, Shortle D. Null alleles of SAC7 suppress temperature-sensitive actin mutations in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2308-14 pubmed..One suppressor with a cold-sensitive growth phenotype defined the new gene, SAC7, which was mapped, cloned, sequenced, and disrupted...
- Varelas X, Stuart D, Ellison M, Ptak C. The Cdc34/SCF ubiquitination complex mediates Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell wall integrity. Genetics. 2006;174:1825-39 pubmed..Altering the activity of Rho1 via manipulation of the Rho1-GAPs LRG1 or SAC7 affected Cdc34/SCF mutant growth...
- Niles B, Mogri H, Hill A, Vlahakis A, Powers T. Plasma membrane recruitment and activation of the AGC kinase Ypk1 is mediated by target of rapamycin complex 2 (TORC2) and its effector proteins Slm1 and Slm2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1536-41 pubmed publisher..These findings both extend the scope of cellular processes regulated by Ypk1/2 to include negative regulation of calcineurin and broaden the repertoire of mechanisms for membrane recruitment and activation of a protein kinase. ..
- Wang S, Xu B, Liou L, Ren Q, Huang S, Luo Y, et al. ?-Synuclein disrupts stress signaling by inhibiting polo-like kinase Cdc5/Plk2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16119-24 pubmed publisher..The nine N-terminal amino acids of aSyn are essential for the interaction with polo-like kinases. The results support a unique mechanism of PD pathology. ..
- Schmidt A, Bickle M, Beck T, Hall M. The yeast phosphatidylinositol kinase homolog TOR2 activates RHO1 and RHO2 via the exchange factor ROM2. Cell. 1997;88:531-42 pubmed..Deletion of SAC7, a gene originally identified as a suppressor of an actin mutation, also suppresses a tor2 mutation...