Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RVS167
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Lombardi R, Riezman H. Rvs161p and Rvs167p, the two yeast amphiphysin homologs, function together in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:6016-22 pubmedMutations in RVS161 and RVS167, the two yeast amphiphysin homologs, cause very similar growth phenotypes, a depolarized actin cytoskeleton, and a defect in the internalization step of endocytosis...
- Smaczynska de Rooij I, Allwood E, Aghamohammadzadeh S, Hettema E, Goldberg M, Ayscough K. A role for the dynamin-like protein Vps1 during endocytosis in yeast. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:3496-506 pubmed publisher..Vps1 mutants were generated, and analysis in several assays reveals a role for the C-terminal self-assembly domain in endocytosis but not in other membrane fission events with which Vps1 has previously been associated. ..
- Sivadon P, Peypouquet M, Doignon F, Aigle M, Crouzet M. Cloning of the multicopy suppressor gene SUR7: evidence for a functional relationship between the yeast actin-binding protein Rvs167 and a putative membranous protein. Yeast. 1997;13:747-61 pubmedThe rvs161 and rvs167 mutant cells exhibit several identical phenotypes including sensitivity to several different growth conditions and morphological defects such as alteration of the actin cytoskeleton and budding patterns...
- Balguerie A, Sivadon P, Bonneu M, Aigle M. Rvs167p, the budding yeast homolog of amphiphysin, colocalizes with actin patches. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 15):2529-37 pubmedIn this report, we have shown that the yeast amphiphysin-like protein Rvs167p was localized mainly in small cortical patches throughout the cell in unbudding cells. During budding, the patches were polarized at bud emergence site...
- Brizzio V, Gammie A, Rose M. Rvs161p interacts with Fus2p to promote cell fusion in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:567-84 pubmed
- Navarro P, Durrens P, Aigle M. Protein-protein interaction between the RVS161 and RVS167 gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1343:187-92 pubmedAs previous studies indicated that the RVS161 and RVS167 gene products of Saccharomyces cerevisiae seem to be involved in the same cellular function, we considered the possibility of a complex between the proteins encoded by these two ..
- Stamenova S, Dunn R, Adler A, Hicke L. The Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase binds to and ubiquitinates members of the yeast CIN85-endophilin complex, Sla1-Rvs167. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16017-25 pubmedSla1 and Rvs167 are yeast proteins required for receptor internalization and organization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Singer Krüger B, Ferro Novick S. Use of a synthetic lethal screen to identify yeast mutants impaired in endocytosis, vacuolar protein sorting and the organization of the cytoskeleton. Eur J Cell Biol. 1997;74:365-75 pubmed..The others represent known endocytosis (rvs167 and sac6) and vacuolar protein sorting (vps41) mutants...
- Friesen H, Colwill K, Robertson K, Schub O, Andrews B. Interaction of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae cortical actin patch protein Rvs167p with proteins involved in ER to Golgi vesicle trafficking. Genetics. 2005;170:555-68 pubmed..Since Rvs167p has a previously characterized role in endocytosis and we have shown here that it interacts with proteins involved in Golgi vesicle trafficking, we suggest that Rvs167p may have a general role in vesicle trafficking. ..
- Munn A, Stevenson B, Geli M, Riezman H. end5, end6, and end7: mutations that cause actin delocalization and block the internalization step of endocytosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1721-42 pubmed..To our surprise, the end6-1 mutation fails to complement the act1-1 mutation. Disruption of the RVS167 gene, which is homologous to END6/RVS161 and which is also required for correct actin localization, also blocks ..
- Friesen H, Murphy K, Breitkreutz A, Tyers M, Andrews B. Regulation of the yeast amphiphysin homologue Rvs167p by phosphorylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:3027-40 pubmedThe yeast amphiphysin homologue Rvs167p plays a role in regulation of the actin cytoskeleton, endocytosis, and sporulation...
- Zarrinpar A, Park S, Lim W. Optimization of specificity in a cellular protein interaction network by negative selection. Nature. 2003;426:676-80 pubmed..System-wide negative selection is a subtle but powerful evolutionary mechanism to optimize specificity within an interaction network composed of overlapping recognition elements. ..
- Dewhurst Maridor G, Abegg D, David F, Rougemont J, Scott C, Adibekian A, et al. The SAGA complex, together with transcription factors and the endocytic protein Rvs167p, coordinates the reprofiling of gene expression in response to changes in sterol composition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:2637-2649 pubmed publisher
- Talarek N, Balguerie A, Aigle M, Durrens P. A novel link between a rab GTPase and Rvs proteins: the yeast amphiphysin homologues. Cell Biochem Funct. 2005;23:253-66 pubmed..Altogether, these data support the hypothesis that both Rvsp proteins act in vesicular traffic through physical and functional interactions with Ypt/Rab regulators. ..
- Rajmohan R, Wong M, Meng L, Munn A, Thanabalu T. Las17p-Vrp1p but not Las17p-Arp2/3 interaction is important for actin patch polarization in yeast. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:825-35 pubmed publisher..Using these mutant and truncated forms of yeast WASP we provide novel evidence that WASP interaction with WIP is more important than interaction with Arp2/3 for polarized actin assembly and endocytosis in yeast. ..
- Breton A, Schaeffer J, Aigle M. The yeast Rvs161 and Rvs167 proteins are involved in secretory vesicles targeting the plasma membrane and in cell integrity. Yeast. 2001;18:1053-68 pubmedThe Rvs161 and Rvs167 proteins are known to play a role in actin cytokeleton organization and endocytosis. Moreover, Rvs167p functionally interacts with the myosin Myo2p...
- Guiney E, Goldman A, Elias J, Cyert M. Calcineurin regulates the yeast synaptojanin Inp53/Sjl3 during membrane stress. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:769-85 pubmed publisher..We propose that activation of Ca(2+)/calcineurin and PI(4,5)P2 signaling to regulate endocytosis is a fundamental and conserved response to excess membrane in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Fang N, Ng A, Measday V, Mayor T. Hul5 HECT ubiquitin ligase plays a major role in the ubiquitylation and turnover of cytosolic misfolded proteins. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1344-52 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Hul5 is involved in a cytosolic protein quality control pathway that targets misfolded proteins for degradation. ..
- Ziv I, Matiuhin Y, Kirkpatrick D, Erpapazoglou Z, Leon S, Pantazopoulou M, et al. A perturbed ubiquitin landscape distinguishes between ubiquitin in trafficking and in proteolysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009753 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite the shared use of the ubiquitin molecule, the two branches of the ubiquitin machinery--the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the ubiquitin trafficking system--were unevenly perturbed by expression of K0 ubiquitin. ..
- Hitchcock A, Auld K, Gygi S, Silver P. A subset of membrane-associated proteins is ubiquitinated in response to mutations in the endoplasmic reticulum degradation machinery. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12735-40 pubmed..Interestingly, we also identified novel membrane-bound transcription factors that may be subject to ubiquitin/proteasome-mediated cleavage and activation at the ER membrane. ..
- Attali I, Tobelaim W, Persaud A, Motamedchaboki K, Simpson Lavy K, Mashahreh B, et al. Ubiquitylation-dependent oligomerization regulates activity of Nedd4 ligases. EMBO J. 2017;36:425-440 pubmed publisher..for Nedd4 ligases and demonstrated its function with diverse substrates: the yeast soluble proteins Rpn10 and Rvs167, and the human receptor tyrosine kinase FGFR1 and cardiac IKS potassium channel...
- Myers M, Ryazantsev S, Hicke L, Payne G. Calmodulin Promotes N-BAR Domain-Mediated Membrane Constriction and Endocytosis. Dev Cell. 2016;37:162-73 pubmed publisherMembrane remodeling by BAR (Bin, Amphiphysin, RVS) domain-containing proteins, such as endophilins and amphiphysins, is integral to the process of endocytosis...
- Smaczynska de Rooij I, Marklew C, Allwood E, Palmer S, Booth W, Mishra R, et al. Phosphorylation Regulates the Endocytic Function of the Yeast Dynamin-Related Protein Vps1. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;36:742-55 pubmed publisher..We have previously shown that in its endocytic role, Vps1 functions with the amphiphysin heterodimer Rvs161/Rvs167 to facilitate scission and release of vesicles...
- Breton A, Aigle M. Genetic and functional relationship between Rvsp, myosin and actin in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 1998;34:280-6 pubmed..function fulfilled both by the Rvsp proteins and actin is strengthened further by the fact that the double mutants rvs167, myo1 and rvs167, myo2 are lethal and severely affected in growth respectively...
- Henry K, D hondt K, Chang J, Newpher T, Huang K, Hudson R, et al. Scd5p and clathrin function are important for cortical actin organization, endocytosis, and localization of sla2p in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2607-25 pubmed..Therefore, Scd5p and clathrin are important for actin organization and endocytosis, and Sla2p may provide a critical link between clathrin and the actin cytoskeleton in yeast, similar to HIP1(R) in animal cells. ..
- Grötsch H, Giblin J, Idrissi F, Fernández Golbano I, Collette J, Newpher T, et al. Calmodulin dissociation regulates Myo5 recruitment and function at endocytic sites. EMBO J. 2010;29:2899-914 pubmed publisher..Concomitantly, calmodulin dissociation triggered Myo5 binding to Vrp1, extended the myosin-I lifespan at endocytic sites and activated Myo5-induced actin polymerization. ..
- Landgraf C, Panni S, Montecchi Palazzi L, Castagnoli L, Schneider Mergener J, Volkmer Engert R, et al. Protein interaction networks by proteome peptide scanning. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E14 pubmed..WISE can be easily extended to a variety of protein interaction domains, including those binding to modified peptides, thereby offering a powerful proteomic tool to help completing a full description of the cell interactome. ..
- Wicky S, Frischmuth S, Singer Krüger B. Bsp1p/Ypr171p is an adapter that directly links some synaptojanin family members to the cortical actin cytoskeleton in yeast. FEBS Lett. 2003;537:35-41 pubmed..We propose that Bsp1p is an adapter that links Sjl2p and Sjl3p to the cortical actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Bari V, Sharma S, Alfatah M, Mondal A, Ganesan K. Plasma Membrane Proteolipid 3 Protein Modulates Amphotericin B Resistance through Sphingolipid Biosynthetic Pathway. Sci Rep. 2015;5:9685 pubmed publisher..Moreover, AmB sensitivity of strains deleted in PMP3 can be suppressed by the addition of phytosphingosine, a sphingolipid pathway intermediate, confirming the importance of this pathway in modulation of AmB resistance by PMP3. ..
- Kaminska J, Spiess M, Stawiecka Mirota M, Monkaityte R, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Urban Grimal D, et al. Yeast Rsp5 ubiquitin ligase affects the actin cytoskeleton in vivo and in vitro. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:1016-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, Rsp5 together with Lsb1, Lsb2 and Sla1 regulate the level of Las17, an important activator of actin polymerization. ..
- Geli M, Lombardi R, Schmelzl B, Riezman H. An intact SH3 domain is required for myosin I-induced actin polymerization. EMBO J. 2000;19:4281-91 pubmed
- Sun Y, Martin A, Drubin D. Endocytic internalization in budding yeast requires coordinated actin nucleation and myosin motor activity. Dev Cell. 2006;11:33-46 pubmed..These results reveal a mechanism in which actin nucleation and myosin motor activity cooperate to promote endocytic internalization. ..
- Nkosi P, Targosz B, Labib K, Sanchez Diaz A. Hof1 and Rvs167 have redundant roles in actomyosin ring function during cytokinesis in budding yeast. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57846 pubmed publisher..Here we show that budding yeast Hof1 also contributes to actin ring assembly in parallel with the Rvs167 protein...
- Clark M, Teply J, Haarer B, Viggiano S, Sept D, Amberg D. A genetic dissection of Aip1p's interactions leads to a model for Aip1p-cofilin cooperative activities. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:1971-84 pubmed..We theorize that Aip1p-severing activity may involve simultaneous binding to two actin subunits with cofilin wedged between the two actin binding sites of the N- and C-terminal propeller domains. ..
- Toume M, Tani M. Yeast lacking the amphiphysin family protein Rvs167 is sensitive to disruptions in sphingolipid levels. FEBS J. 2016;283:2911-28 pubmed publisherRvs167 and Rvs161 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae are amphiphysin family proteins, which are involved in several important cellular events, such as invagination and scission of endocytic vesicles, and actin cytoskeleton organization...
- Madania A, Dumoulin P, Grava S, Kitamoto H, Schärer Brodbeck C, Soulard A, et al. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae homologue of human Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein Las17p interacts with the Arp2/3 complex. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3521-38 pubmed
- Kishimoto T, Sun Y, Buser C, Liu J, Michelot A, Drubin D. Determinants of endocytic membrane geometry, stability, and scission. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E979-88 pubmed publisher..Bin-Amphiphysin-Rvs (BAR) and Fer-CIP4 homology-BAR (F-BAR) proteins can induce membrane curvature and have been suggested to ..
- Starita L, Lo R, Eng J, von Haller P, Fields S. Sites of ubiquitin attachment in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteomics. 2012;12:236-40 pubmed publisher..However, such peptides with GG shifts have been difficult to discover. We identify 870 unique sites of ubiquitin attachment on 438 different proteins of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- Palmer S, Smaczynska de Rooij I, Marklew C, Allwood E, Mishra R, Johnson S, et al. A dynamin-actin interaction is required for vesicle scission during endocytosis in yeast. Curr Biol. 2015;25:868-78 pubmed publisher..The mutant Vps1 is stably expressed in cells and co-localizes with the endocytic reporters Abp1 and the amphiphysin Rvs167...
- Prigent M, Boy Marcotte E, Chesneau L, Gibson K, Dupre Crochet S, Tisserand H, et al. The RabGAP proteins Gyp5p and Gyl1p recruit the BAR domain protein Rvs167p for polarized exocytosis. Traffic. 2011;12:1084-97 pubmed publisher..Both Gyp5p and Gyl1p interact with the N-Bin1/Amphiphysin/Rvs167 (BAR) domain protein Rvs167p, but the biological function of this interaction is unclear...
- Urbanek A, Allwood E, Smith A, Booth W, Ayscough K. Distinct Actin and Lipid Binding Sites in Ysc84 Are Required during Early Stages of Yeast Endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136732 pubmed publisher..Live cell imaging in strains with fluorescently tagged endocytic reporter proteins revealed distinct phenotypes for the mutants indicating the importance of these interactions for regulating key stages of endocytosis. ..
- Roumanie O, Peypouquet M, Thoraval D, Doignon F, Crouzet M. Functional interactions between the VRP1-LAS17 and RHO3-RHO4 genes involved in actin cytoskeleton organization in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 2002;40:317-25 pubmed..In addition, other observations lead us to propose that Rvs167p may act as a linking protein between the two cellular elements. ..
- Hess D, Myers C, Huttenhower C, Hibbs M, Hayes A, Paw J, et al. Computationally driven, quantitative experiments discover genes required for mitochondrial biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000407 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that by leveraging computational analysis to direct quantitative experimental assays, we have characterized mutants with subtle mitochondrial defects whose phenotypes were undetected by high-throughput methods. ..
- Roumanie O, Peypouquet M, Bonneu M, Thoraval D, Doignon F, Crouzet M. Evidence for the genetic interaction between the actin-binding protein Vrp1 and the RhoGAP Rgd1 mediated through Rho3p and Rho4p in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:1403-14 pubmed..These and other well-established data support the idea that Vrp1, Las17, Rvs167 proteins belong to the same complex...