Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RTT107
Alias: ESC4, Rtt107p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Roberts T, Zaidi I, Vaisica J, Peter M, Brown G. Regulation of rtt107 recruitment to stalled DNA replication forks by the cullin rtt101 and the rtt109 acetyltransferase. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:171-80 pubmedb>RTT107 (ESC4, YHR154W) encodes a BRCA1 C-terminal domain protein that is important for recovery from DNA damage during S phase...
- Dibitetto D, Ferrari M, Rawal C, Balint A, Kim T, Zhang Z, et al. Slx4 and Rtt107 control checkpoint signalling and DNA resection at double-strand breaks. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:669-82 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the scaffold proteins Slx4 and Rtt107 limit checkpoint signalling at a persistent double-strand DNA break (DSB) and at uncapped telomeres...
- Princz L, Wild P, Bittmann J, Aguado F, Blanco M, Matos J, et al. Dbf4-dependent kinase and the Rtt107 scaffold promote Mus81-Mms4 resolvase activation during mitosis. EMBO J. 2017;36:664-678 pubmed publisher..The scaffold protein Rtt107, which binds the Mus81-Mms4 complex, interacts with Cdc7 and thereby targets DDK and Cdc5 to the complex enabling ..
- Horigome C, Bustard D, Marcomini I, Delgoshaie N, Tsai Pflugfelder M, Cobb J, et al. PolySUMOylation by Siz2 and Mms21 triggers relocation of DNA breaks to nuclear pores through the Slx5/Slx8 STUbL. Genes Dev. 2016;30:931-45 pubmed publisher..In contrast, in S-phase cells, monoSUMOylation mediated by the Rtt107-stabilized SMC5/6-Mms21 E3 complex drives DSBs to the SUN domain protein Mps3 in a manner independent of Slx5...
- Balint A, Kim T, Gallo D, Cussiol J, Bastos de Oliveira F, Yimit A, et al. Assembly of Slx4 signaling complexes behind DNA replication forks. EMBO J. 2015;34:2182-97 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, cells lacking RTT107 or SLX4 show genome instability and sensitivity to DNA replication stress and are defective in the completion of ..
- Lévesque N, Leung G, Fok A, Schmidt T, Kobor M. Loss of H3 K79 trimethylation leads to suppression of Rtt107-dependent DNA damage sensitivity through the translesion synthesis pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:35113-22 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the BRCA1 C-terminal domain-containing protein Rtt107/Esc4 is required for restart of DNA replication after successful repair of DNA damage and for cellular resistance ..
- Zaidi I, Rabut G, Poveda A, Scheel H, Malmstrom J, Ulrich H, et al. Rtt101 and Mms1 in budding yeast form a CUL4(DDB1)-like ubiquitin ligase that promotes replication through damaged DNA. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1034-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that the Rtt101(Mms1) ubiquitin ligase complex might be required to reorganize replication forks that encounter DNA lesions. ..
- Leung G, Lee L, Schmidt T, Shirahige K, Kobor M. Rtt107 is required for recruitment of the SMC5/6 complex to DNA double strand breaks. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:26250-7 pubmed publisher..In Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the BRCT domain-containing protein Rtt107/Esc4 is required for the restart of DNA replication after successful repair of DNA damage and for cellular ..
- Allen Soltero S, Martinez S, Putnam C, Kolodner R. A saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase H2 interaction network functions to suppress genome instability. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:1521-34 pubmed publisher..This analysis suggests that cells with RNase H2 defects have increased levels of DNA damage and depend on other pathways of DNA metabolism to overcome the deleterious effects of this DNA damage. ..
- Hang L, Peng J, Tan W, Szakal B, Menolfi D, Sheng Z, et al. Rtt107 Is a Multi-functional Scaffold Supporting Replication Progression with Partner SUMO and Ubiquitin Ligases. Mol Cell. 2015;60:268-79 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigate a conserved scaffold in budding yeast, Rtt107, and its three partners: a SUMO E3 complex, a ubiquitin E3 complex, and Slx4...
- Zappulla D, Maharaj A, Connelly J, Jockusch R, Sternglanz R. Rtt107/Esc4 binds silent chromatin and DNA repair proteins using different BRCT motifs. BMC Mol Biol. 2006;7:40 pubmed..silencing when targeted to the HMR locus in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, we previously reported the identification of Rtt107/Esc4 based on its ability to establish silent chromatin...
- Paek A, Jones H, Kaochar S, Weinert T. The role of replication bypass pathways in dicentric chromosome formation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2010;186:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Fourth, by studying genes implicated in suppression of GCRs in other studies, we found that inverted repeat fusion has a profile of genetic regulation distinct from these other major forms of GCR formation. ..
- Ohouo P, Bastos de Oliveira F, Liu Y, Ma C, Smolka M. DNA-repair scaffolds dampen checkpoint signalling by counteracting the adaptor Rad9. Nature. 2013;493:120-4 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the DNA-repair scaffolding proteins Slx4 and Rtt107 prevent the aberrant hyperactivation of DDC signalling by lesions that are generated during DNA replication in ..
- Gritenaite D, Princz L, Szakal B, Bantele S, Wendeler L, Schilbach S, et al. A cell cycle-regulated Slx4-Dpb11 complex promotes the resolution of DNA repair intermediates linked to stalled replication. Genes Dev. 2014;28:1604-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, Dpb11-Slx4 integrates several cellular inputs and participates in the temporal program for activation of the JM-resolving nuclease Mus81. ..
- Cussiol J, Jablonowski C, Yimit A, Brown G, Smolka M. Dampening DNA damage checkpoint signalling via coordinated BRCT domain interactions. EMBO J. 2015;34:1704-17 pubmed publisher..dampening checkpoint signalling, where the checkpoint adaptor Rad9 is counteracted by the repair scaffolds Slx4-Rtt107. Here, we establish the molecular requirements for this new mode of checkpoint regulation...
- Mimura S, Yamaguchi T, Ishii S, Noro E, Katsura T, Obuse C, et al. Cul8/Rtt101 forms a variety of protein complexes that regulate DNA damage response and transcriptional silencing. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9858-67 pubmed publisher..Genetic evidence indicates that Cul8, together with Mms1, Mms22, and Esc4, is involved in the repair of DNA damage that can occur during DNA replication...
- Simoneau A, Ricard Ã, Weber S, Hammond Martel I, Wong L, Sellam A, et al. Chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins prevents hyperactivation of DNA damage-induced signaling upon replicative stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2706-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data support the concept that chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins is critical to mitigate growth defects caused by endogenous genotoxins. ..
- Baldwin E, Berger A, Corbett A, Osheroff N. Mms22p protects Saccharomyces cerevisiae from DNA damage induced by topoisomerase II. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:1021-30 pubmed..MMS22 is epistatic with RTT101 and RTT107, genes that encode its protein binding partners...