Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RTT101
Description: cullin RTT101
Alias: CUL8, cullin RTT101
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Han J, Zhang H, Zhang H, Wang Z, Zhou H, Zhang Z. A Cul4 E3 ubiquitin ligase regulates histone hand-off during nucleosome assembly. Cell. 2013;155:817-29 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that yeast Rtt101(Mms1) E3 ubiquitin ligase preferentially binds and ubiquitylates new histone H3 acetylated at lysine 56...
- Ohouo P, Bastos de Oliveira F, Almeida B, Smolka M. DNA damage signaling recruits the Rtt107-Slx4 scaffolds via Dpb11 to mediate replication stress response. Mol Cell. 2010;39:300-6 pubmed publisher..Our results unveil how Mec1 regulates the Slx4 and Rtt107 scaffolds and establish a mechanistic link between DNA damage signaling and fork repair. ..
- Baldwin E, Berger A, Corbett A, Osheroff N. Mms22p protects Saccharomyces cerevisiae from DNA damage induced by topoisomerase II. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:1021-30 pubmed..MMS22 is epistatic with RTT101 and RTT107, genes that encode its protein binding partners...
- Laplaza J, Bostick M, Scholes D, Curcio M, Callis J. Saccharomyces cerevisiae ubiquitin-like protein Rub1 conjugates to cullin proteins Rtt101 and Cul3 in vivo. Biochem J. 2004;377:459-67 pubmed..An rtt101 Delta strain was hypersensitive to thiabendazole, isopropyl ( N -3-chlorophenyl) carbamate and methyl ..
- Roberts T, Zaidi I, Vaisica J, Peter M, Brown G. Regulation of rtt107 recruitment to stalled DNA replication forks by the cullin rtt101 and the rtt109 acetyltransferase. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:171-80 pubmed..Chromatin binding of Rtt107 also requires the cullin Rtt101, which seems to play a direct role in Rtt107 recruitment, because the two proteins are found in complex with ..
- Irene C, Theis J, Gresham D, Soteropoulos P, Newlon C. Hst3p, a histone deacetylase, promotes maintenance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae chromosome III lacking efficient replication origins. Mol Genet Genomics. 2016;291:271-83 pubmed publisher..The Ofm phenotype is the first report of a chromosome instability phenotype of an hst3 single mutant. ..
- Simoneau A, Ricard Ã, Weber S, Hammond Martel I, Wong L, Sellam A, et al. Chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins prevents hyperactivation of DNA damage-induced signaling upon replicative stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2706-26 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data support the concept that chromosome-wide histone deacetylation by sirtuins is critical to mitigate growth defects caused by endogenous genotoxins. ..
- Mimura S, Yamaguchi T, Ishii S, Noro E, Katsura T, Obuse C, et al. Cul8/Rtt101 forms a variety of protein complexes that regulate DNA damage response and transcriptional silencing. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9858-67 pubmed publisher..Genetic evidence indicates that Cul8, together with Mms1, Mms22, and Esc4, is involved in the repair of DNA damage that can occur during DNA replication...
- Fujii K, Kitabatake M, Sakata T, Miyata A, Ohno M. A role for ubiquitin in the clearance of nonfunctional rRNAs. Genes Dev. 2009;23:963-74 pubmed publisher..We revealed that a group of proteins associated with nonfunctional ribosome particles are ubiquitinated in a Rtt101-Mms1-dependent manner...
- Paek A, Jones H, Kaochar S, Weinert T. The role of replication bypass pathways in dicentric chromosome formation in budding yeast. Genetics. 2010;186:1161-73 pubmed publisher..Fourth, by studying genes implicated in suppression of GCRs in other studies, we found that inverted repeat fusion has a profile of genetic regulation distinct from these other major forms of GCR formation. ..
- Mimura S, Komata M, Kishi T, Shirahige K, Kamura T. SCF(Dia2) regulates DNA replication forks during S-phase in budding yeast. EMBO J. 2009;28:3693-705 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Dia2 is involved in the regulation of replisome activity through a direct interaction with replisome components. ..
- Han J, Li Q, McCullough L, Kettelkamp C, Formosa T, Zhang Z. Ubiquitylation of FACT by the cullin-E3 ligase Rtt101 connects FACT to DNA replication. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1485-90 pubmed publisher..Here we show that ubiquitylation of the Spt16 subunit of FACT by Rtt101, the cullin subunit of an E3 ubiquitin ligase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, links FACT to DNA replication...
- Sakata T, Fujii K, Ohno M, Kitabatake M. Crt10 directs the cullin-E3 ligase Rtt101 to nonfunctional 25S rRNA decay. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;457:90-4 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that NRD of 25S rRNA required cullin-E3 ligase Rtt101 and its associating factor Mms1, both of which are involved in DNA repair...
- Ohta T, Michel J, Schottelius A, Xiong Y. ROC1, a homolog of APC11, represents a family of cullin partners with an associated ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell. 1999;3:535-41 pubmed..Ubiquitination of phosphorylated I kappa B alpha can be catalyzed by the ROC1 immunocomplex in vitro. Hence, combinations of ROC/APC11 and cullin proteins proteins potentially constitute a wide variety of ubiquitin ligases. ..