Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RTG3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hagerman R, Willis R. The yeast gene COQ5 is differentially regulated by Mig1p, Rtg3p and Hap2p. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1578:51-8 pubmed..Mig1p repressed COQ5 expression on dextrose, while Rtg1p/Rtg3p heterodimers up-regulated COQ5 expression on oleic acid...
- Georgakopoulos T, Koutroubas G, Vakonakis I, Tzermia M, Prokova V, Voutsina A, et al. Functional analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae YFR021w/YGR223c/YPL100w ORF family suggests relations to mitochondrial/peroxisomal functions and amino acid signalling pathways. Yeast. 2001;18:1155-71 pubmed..Among these, the transcriptional activator Rtg3p interacted with both Yfr021wp and Ypl100wp and both ORF single deletions reduced the constitutive expression of ..
- Giannattasio S, Liu Z, Thornton J, Butow R. Retrograde response to mitochondrial dysfunction is separable from TOR1/2 regulation of retrograde gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42528-35 pubmed
- Journo D, Mor A, Abeliovich H. Aup1-mediated regulation of Rtg3 during mitophagy. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35885-95 pubmed publisher..In agreement with a role for Aup1 in the regulation of the RTG pathway, we find that deletion of RTG3, a transcription factor that mediates the RTG response, causes a defect in stationary phase mitophagy and that ..
- Batenchuk C, Tepliakova L, Kaern M. Identification of response-modulated genetic interactions by sensitivity-based epistatic analysis. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:493 pubmed publisher..While the method was developed for growth phenotype, it should apply equally well for other phenotypes, including the expression of fluorescent reporters. ..
- Ruiz Roig C, Noriega N, Duch A, Posas F, de Nadal E. The Hog1 SAPK controls the Rtg1/Rtg3 transcriptional complex activity by multiple regulatory mechanisms. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4286-96 pubmed publisher..In budding yeast, the RTG pathway relies on Rtg1 and Rtg3 basic helix-loop-helix leucine Zipper transcription factors...
- Law M, Ciccaglione K. Fine-tuning of histone H3 Lys4 methylation during pseudohyphal differentiation by the CDK submodule of RNA polymerase II. Genetics. 2015;199:435-53 pubmed publisher..These studies implicate the CDK8 subcomplex in fine-tuning H3 Lys4 methylation levels during pseudohyphal differentiation. ..
- Gupta S, Radhakrishnan A, Raharja Liu P, Lin G, Steinmetz L, Gagneur J, et al. Temporal expression profiling identifies pathways mediating effect of causal variant on phenotype. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005195 pubmed publisher..respiration during early sporulation was observed, which was dependent on the mitochondrial retrograde regulator, RTG3. Furthermore, our approach showed that MKT1 contributes to sporulation independent of Puf3, an RNA-binding protein ..
- Conlan R, Gounalaki N, Hatzis P, Tzamarias D. The Tup1-Cyc8 protein complex can shift from a transcriptional co-repressor to a transcriptional co-activator. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:205-10 pubmed..First, we show that Cyc8-Tup1 is tethered to CIT2 promoter by interacting with the activation domain of Rtg3, a bHLH/L-Zip DNA-binding transactivator of CIT2...
- Dilova I, Aronova S, Chen J, Powers T. Tor signaling and nutrient-based signals converge on Mks1p phosphorylation to regulate expression of Rtg1.Rtg3p-dependent target genes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46527-35 pubmedThe heterodimeric bZip/HLH transcription factors Rtg1p and Rtg3p regulate the expression of a concise set of metabolic genes (termed RTG target genes) required for de novo biosynthesis of glutamate and glutamine...
- Robinson K, Koepke J, Kharodawala M, Lopes J. A network of yeast basic helix-loop-helix interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:4460-6 pubmed..Using the yeast two-hybrid assay and a biochemical assay we show that Ino4p dimerizes with the Pho4p, Rtg1p, Rtg3p and Sgc1p bHLH proteins...
- Farooq M, Pracheil T, Dong Z, Xiao F, Liu Z. Mitochondrial DNA instability in cells lacking aconitase correlates with iron citrate toxicity. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2013;2013:493536 pubmed publisher..By deleting RTG1, RTG3, or genes encoding citrate synthase, mtDNA instability was prevented in aco1? mutant cells...