Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSC8
Alias: SWH3, Rsc8p
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Kasten M, Szerlong H, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Werner M, Cairns B. Tandem bromodomains in the chromatin remodeler RSC recognize acetylated histone H3 Lys14. EMBO J. 2004;23:1348-59 pubmed..Taken together, Rsc4 bears essential tandem bromodomains that rely on H3 Lys14 acetylation to assist RSC complex for gene activation. ..
- Treich I, Carlson M. Interaction of a Swi3 homolog with Sth1 provides evidence for a Swi/Snf-related complex with an essential function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1768-75 pubmed..Here we characterize an S. cerevisiae Swi3 homolog (Swh3) and present evidence that it associates in a complex with a Snf2 homolog, Sthl...
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Florio C, Moscariello M, Ederle S, Fasano R, Lanzuolo C, Pulitzer J. A study of biochemical and functional interactions of Htl1p, a putative component of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Rsc chromatin-remodeling complex. Gene. 2007;395:72-85 pubmed..that Htl1p binding to the RSC complex is direct and physiologically relevant and show that it is mediated by Rsc8p, a core component of the RSC complex. Deletion of HTL1, like depletion of RSC core subunits [Moreira, J.M...
- Romeo M, Angus Hill M, Sobering A, Kamada Y, Cairns B, Levin D. HTL1 encodes a novel factor that interacts with the RSC chromatin remodeling complex in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:8165-74 pubmed..of HTL1 suppressed the growth defect of a strain with a conditional mutation in another RSC component, RSC8. Finally, we demonstrate that Htl1 is a nuclear protein that can associate in vivo with a fraction of the RSC ..
- Saha A, Wittmeyer J, Cairns B. Chromatin remodeling by RSC involves ATP-dependent DNA translocation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2120-34 pubmed..Nucleosomes bearing nicks are remodeled less efficiently than intact nucleosomes. These results suggest that RSC and Sth1 are DNA translocases that use both DNA translocation and twist to remodel nucleosomes efficiently. ..
- Ferreira H, Flaus A, Owen Hughes T. Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:563-79 pubmed..These observations illustrate a range of different means by which modifications to histones can influence the action of remodelling enzymes. ..
- Wang S, Cheng M. The defects in cell wall integrity and G2-M transition of the ?htl1 mutant are interconnected. Yeast. 2012;29:45-57 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that the defects in cell wall integrity and the G(2)-M transition of the ?htl1 mutant are interconnected. ..
- Felberbaum R, Wilson N, Cheng D, Peng J, Hochstrasser M. Desumoylation of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane VAP family protein Scs2 by Ulp1 and SUMO regulation of the inositol synthesis pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:64-75 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first evidence of cross-regulation between the SUMO and inositol pathways, including the sumoylation of an ER membrane protein central to phospholipid synthesis and phosphoinositide signaling...
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Da G, Lenkart J, Zhao K, Shiekhattar R, Cairns B, Marmorstein R. Structure and function of the SWIRM domain, a conserved protein module found in chromatin regulatory complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:2057-62 pubmedThe SWIRM domain is a module found in the Swi3 and Rsc8 subunits of SWI/SNF-family chromatin remodeling complexes, and the Ada2 and BHC110/LSD1 subunits of chromatin modification complexes...
- Düring L, Thorsen M, Petersen D, Køster B, Jensen T, Holmberg S. MRN1 implicates chromatin remodeling complexes and architectural factors in mRNA maturation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44373 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that rsc8-ts16 nhp6?? cells contain low levels of U6 snRNA and U4/U6 di-snRNA that is further exacerbated after two hours ..
- Kurat C, Lambert J, van Dyk D, Tsui K, van Bakel H, Kaluarachchi S, et al. Restriction of histone gene transcription to S phase by phosphorylation of a chromatin boundary protein. Genes Dev. 2011;25:2489-501 pubmed publisher..Our study identified the chromatin boundary protein Yta7 as a key regulator that links S-phase kinases with RNAPII function at cell cycle-regulated histone gene promoters. ..
- Lu Y, Lin Y, Tsai A, Hsao Y, Li C, Cheng M. Dissecting the pet18 mutation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: HTL1 encodes a 7-kDa polypeptide that interacts with components of the RSC complex. Mol Genet Genomics. 2003;269:321-30 pubmed..We demonstrated that Rsc8p interacts physically with Htl1p, and that the genes RSC3, STH1 and RSC30 interact with HTL1...
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Smart S, Mackintosh S, Edmondson R, Taverna S, Tackett A. Mapping the local protein interactome of the NuA3 histone acetyltransferase. Protein Sci. 2009;18:1987-97 pubmed publisher..These novel, physical associations with yFACT, RSC, and Nap1 provide insight into the mechanism of NuA3-associated transcription and chromatin regulation. ..
- Nadal Ribelles M, Mas G, MillÃ¡n Zambrano G, SolÃ© C, Ammerer G, ChÃ¡vez S, et al. H3K4 monomethylation dictates nucleosome dynamics and chromatin remodeling at stress-responsive genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:4937-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to a novel role for H3K4 monomethylation in dictating the specificity of chromatin remodeling, adding an extra layer of regulation to the transcriptional stress response. ..
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..