Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSC4
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Spain M, Ansari S, Pathak R, Palumbo M, Morse R, Govind C. The RSC complex localizes to coding sequences to regulate Pol II and histone occupancy. Mol Cell. 2014;56:653-66 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings strongly implicate ORF-associated RSC in governing Pol II function and in maintaining chromatin structure over transcribed regions. ..
- Taneda T, Kikuchi A. Genetic analysis of RSC58, which encodes a component of a yeast chromatin remodeling complex, and interacts with the transcription factor Swi6. Mol Genet Genomics. 2004;271:479-89 pubmed..These results suggest that C-terminal region is essential for Rsc58 function. (2) RSC4, which codes for another member of the RSC, was found to be a multicopy suppressor of the phenotype of one of the ..
- Saha A, Wittmeyer J, Cairns B. Chromatin remodeling by RSC involves ATP-dependent DNA translocation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2120-34 pubmed..Nucleosomes bearing nicks are remodeled less efficiently than intact nucleosomes. These results suggest that RSC and Sth1 are DNA translocases that use both DNA translocation and twist to remodel nucleosomes efficiently. ..
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Choi J, Grimes D, Rowe K, Howe L. Acetylation of Rsc4p by Gcn5p is essential in the absence of histone H3 acetylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6967-72 pubmed publisherb>Rsc4p, a subunit of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, is acetylated at lysine 25 by Gcn5p, a well-characterized histone acetyltransferase (HAT)...
- Charles G, Chen C, Shih S, Collins S, Beltrao P, Zhang X, et al. Site-specific acetylation mark on an essential chromatin-remodeling complex promotes resistance to replication stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10620-5 pubmed publisher..RSC is itself acetylated by Gcn5 on lysine 25 (K25) of its Rsc4 subunit, adjacent to two tandem bromodomains...
- Zhang Q, Chakravarty S, Ghersi D, Zeng L, Plotnikov A, Sanchez R, et al. Biochemical profiling of histone binding selectivity of the yeast bromodomain family. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8903 pubmed publisher..Finally, electrostatic interactions appear to be a primary determining factor that guides productive association between a bromodomain and a lysine-acetylated histone. ..
- Szerlong H, Hinata K, Viswanathan R, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Cairns B. The HSA domain binds nuclear actin-related proteins to regulate chromatin-remodeling ATPases. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:469-76 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we define the role of the HSA domain and provide evidence for a regulatory relationship involving the ARP-HSA module and two new functional domains conserved in remodeler ATPases that contain ARPs. ..
- Szerlong H, Saha A, Cairns B. The nuclear actin-related proteins Arp7 and Arp9: a dimeric module that cooperates with architectural proteins for chromatin remodeling. EMBO J. 2003;22:3175-87 pubmed..We propose that Arp7/9 dimers function with DNA bending proteins to facilitate proper chromatin architecture and complex- complex interactions. ..
- Sengupta S, VanKanegan M, Persinger J, Logie C, Cairns B, Peterson C, et al. The interactions of yeast SWI/SNF and RSC with the nucleosome before and after chromatin remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12636-44 pubmed..DNA photoaffinity labeling of RSC showed that the Rsc4 subunit is in close proximity to nucleosomal DNA and not when RSC is bound to free DNA...
- Ferreira H, Flaus A, Owen Hughes T. Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:563-79 pubmed..These observations illustrate a range of different means by which modifications to histones can influence the action of remodelling enzymes. ..
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Parnell T, Schlichter A, WILSON B, Cairns B. The chromatin remodelers RSC and ISW1 display functional and chromatin-based promoter antagonism. elife. 2015;4:e06073 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide the first genetic and genomic evidence for RSC-ISW1a antagonism and reveal different mechanisms at two different promoter architectures. ..
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..