Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSC2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Cairns B, Schlichter A, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Kornberg R, Winston F. Two functionally distinct forms of the RSC nucleosome-remodeling complex, containing essential AT hook, BAH, and bromodomains. Mol Cell. 1999;4:715-23 pubmed..cerevisiae. We have identified two closely related RSC members, Rsc1 and Rsc2. Biochemical analysis revealed Rsc1 and Rsc2 in distinct complexes, defining two forms of RSC...
- Liang B, Qiu J, Ratnakumar K, Laurent B. RSC functions as an early double-strand-break sensor in the cell's response to DNA damage. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1432-7 pubmed..Consistent with these results, we also show that Rsc2 is needed for efficient activation of the Rad53-dependent checkpoint, as well as for Cohesin's association with the ..
- Shim E, Ma J, Oum J, Yanez Y, Lee S. The yeast chromatin remodeler RSC complex facilitates end joining repair of DNA double-strand breaks. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:3934-44 pubmed..Recruitment of RSC to a DSB depends on Mre11, Rsc30, and yKu70 proteins. Rsc1p and Rsc2p, two other RSC subunits, physically interact with yKu80p and Mre11p...
- Chambers A, Brownlee P, Durley S, Beacham T, Kent N, Downs J. The two different isoforms of the RSC chromatin remodeling complex play distinct roles in DNA damage responses. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32016 pubmed publisher..Importantly, there is evidence for two isoforms of this complex, defined by the presence of either Rsc1 or Rsc2. Here, we investigated whether the two isoforms of RSC provide distinct contributions to DNA damage responses...
- Wong M, Scott Drew S, Hayes M, Howard P, Murray J. RSC2, encoding a component of the RSC nucleosome remodeling complex, is essential for 2 microm plasmid maintenance in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:4218-29 pubmed..We have isolated mutants of yeast unable to maintain 2 microm and found that RSC2 is essential for 2 microm to overcome maternal inheritance bias...
- Huang J, Hsu J, Laurent B. The RSC nucleosome-remodeling complex is required for Cohesin's association with chromosome arms. Mol Cell. 2004;13:739-50 pubmed..Our data suggest a role for RSC in facilitating the loading of cohesin specifically onto chromosome arms, thereby ensuring sister chromatid cohesion and proper chromosome segregation. ..
- Parnell T, Schlichter A, WILSON B, Cairns B. The chromatin remodelers RSC and ISW1 display functional and chromatin-based promoter antagonism. elife. 2015;4:e06073 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide the first genetic and genomic evidence for RSC-ISW1a antagonism and reveal different mechanisms at two different promoter architectures. ..
- Chen X, Cui D, Papusha A, Zhang X, Chu C, Tang J, et al. The Fun30 nucleosome remodeller promotes resection of DNA double-strand break ends. Nature. 2012;489:576-80 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that Fun30 helps to overcome the inhibitory effect of Rad9 on DNA resection. ..
- Zhang Y, Smith C, Saha A, Grill S, Mihardja S, Smith S, et al. DNA translocation and loop formation mechanism of chromatin remodeling by SWI/SNF and RSC. Mol Cell. 2006;24:559-68 pubmed..Such loop formation may provide a molecular basis for the biological functions of remodelers. ..
- Lee M, Lee C, Demin A, Munashingha P, Amangyeld T, Kwon B, et al. Rad52/Rad59-dependent recombination as a means to rectify faulty Okazaki fragment processing. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:15064-79 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that several cohesion establishment factors, including Rsc2 and Elg1, were required for the Rad52-dependent suppression of dna2-K1080E...
- Charles G, Chen C, Shih S, Collins S, Beltrao P, Zhang X, et al. Site-specific acetylation mark on an essential chromatin-remodeling complex promotes resistance to replication stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:10620-5 pubmed publisher..These studies offer an example of acetylation of a chromatin-remodeling enzyme controlling a biological output of the system rather than regulating its core enzymatic properties. ..
- Chambers A, Pearl L, Oliver A, Downs J. The BAH domain of Rsc2 is a histone H3 binding domain. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:9168-82 pubmed publisher..The Rsc2 subunit of the RSC chromatin remodeling complex contains an RSC-like BAH domain and, like the Sir3-like BAH domains,..
- Ratsima H, Serrano D, Pascariu M, D Amours D. Centrosome-Dependent Bypass of the DNA Damage Checkpoint by the Polo Kinase Cdc5. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1422-1434 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight a previously unappreciated role for centrosomes as key signaling centers for the suppression of cell-cycle arrest induced by persistent or unrepairable DNA damage. ..
- Yukawa M, Koyama H, Miyahara K, Tsuchiya E. Functional differences between RSC1 and RSC2, components of a for growth essential chromatin-remodeling complex of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, during the sporulation process. FEMS Yeast Res. 2002;2:87-91 pubmed..Rsc1p and Rsc2p are highly homologous proteins and are contained in distinct RSC complexes...
- Koyama H, Itoh M, Miyahara K, Tsuchiya E. Abundance of the RSC nucleosome-remodeling complex is important for the cells to tolerate DNA damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2002;531:215-21 pubmed..These results suggest the importance of the Nps1p bromodomain in RSC integrity and a model in which high amounts of RSC would be required for the cells to overcome DNA damage. ..
- Manning B, Peterson C. Direct interactions promote eviction of the Sir3 heterochromatin protein by the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling enzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:17827-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, we find that the interaction between Swi2p and Sir3p is key for SWI/SNF to promote resistance to replication stress in vivo and for establishment of heterochromatin at telomeres. ..
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Oum J, Seong C, Kwon Y, Ji J, Sid A, Ramakrishnan S, et al. RSC facilitates Rad59-dependent homologous recombination between sister chromatids by promoting cohesin loading at DNA double-strand breaks. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3924-37 pubmed publisher..This study provides molecular insights into how chromatin remodeling contributes to DNA repair and maintenance of chromatin fidelity in the face of DNA damage. ..
- Saha A, Wittmeyer J, Cairns B. Chromatin remodeling by RSC involves ATP-dependent DNA translocation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2120-34 pubmed..Nucleosomes bearing nicks are remodeled less efficiently than intact nucleosomes. These results suggest that RSC and Sth1 are DNA translocases that use both DNA translocation and twist to remodel nucleosomes efficiently. ..
- Damelin M, Simon I, Moy T, Wilson B, Komili S, Tempst P, et al. The genome-wide localization of Rsc9, a component of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, changes in response to stress. Mol Cell. 2002;9:563-73 pubmed..Our results illustrate the response of a chromatin-remodeling factor to signaling cascades and suggest that changes in the activity of chromatin-remodeling factors are reflected in changes in their localization in the genome. ..
- Bonetti D, Anbalagan S, Lucchini G, Clerici M, Longhese M. Tbf1 and Vid22 promote resection and non-homologous end joining of DNA double-strand break ends. EMBO J. 2013;32:275-89 pubmed publisher..Finally, inactivation of either Tbf1 or Vid22 impairs nucleosome eviction around the DSB, suggesting that these proteins promote efficient repair of the break by influencing chromatin identity in its surroundings. ..
- Litwin I, Bakowski T, Maciaszczyk Dziubinska E, Wysocki R. The LSH/HELLS homolog Irc5 contributes to cohesin association with chromatin in yeast. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:6404-6416 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Irc5 is an auxiliary factor that is involved in cohesin association with chromatin. ..
- Srivas R, Costelloe T, Carvunis A, Sarkar S, Malta E, Sun S, et al. A UV-induced genetic network links the RSC complex to nucleotide excision repair and shows dose-dependent rewiring. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1714-24 pubmed publisher..This study makes available a large resource of UV-induced interactions, and it illustrates a methodology for identifying dose-dependent interactions based on quantitative shifts in genetic networks...
- House N, Yang J, Walsh S, Moy J, Freudenreich C. NuA4 initiates dynamic histone H4 acetylation to promote high-fidelity sister chromatid recombination at postreplication gaps. Mol Cell. 2014;55:818-828 pubmed publisher..Genetic experiments placed the RSC chromatin remodeler in the same PRR pathway, and Rsc2 recruitment was coincident with H4K16 acetylation...
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Ferreira H, Flaus A, Owen Hughes T. Histone modifications influence the action of Snf2 family remodelling enzymes by different mechanisms. J Mol Biol. 2007;374:563-79 pubmed..These observations illustrate a range of different means by which modifications to histones can influence the action of remodelling enzymes. ..
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..
- Jambunathan N, Martinez A, Robert E, Agochukwu N, Ibos M, Dugas S, et al. Multiple bromodomain genes are involved in restricting the spread of heterochromatic silencing at the Saccharomyces cerevisiae HMR-tRNA boundary. Genetics. 2005;171:913-22 pubmed..Deletion of RSC2, coding for a component of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, resulted in a significant spread of silencing at ..
- Sengupta S, VanKanegan M, Persinger J, Logie C, Cairns B, Peterson C, et al. The interactions of yeast SWI/SNF and RSC with the nucleosome before and after chromatin remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12636-44 pubmed