Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RSC1
Description: RSC subunit protein RSC1
Alias: RSC subunit protein RSC1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Chambers A, Brownlee P, Durley S, Beacham T, Kent N, Downs J. The two different isoforms of the RSC chromatin remodeling complex play distinct roles in DNA damage responses. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32016 pubmed publisher..Importantly, there is evidence for two isoforms of this complex, defined by the presence of either Rsc1 or Rsc2...
- Wippo C, Israel L, Watanabe S, Hochheimer A, Peterson C, Korber P. The RSC chromatin remodelling enzyme has a unique role in directing the accurate positioning of nucleosomes. EMBO J. 2011;30:1277-88 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, RSC could not be replaced by either the closely related SWI/SNF or the Isw2 remodelling enzyme. Thus, we pinpoint that nucleosome positioning specifically depends on the unique properties of the RSC complex. ..
- Lia G, Praly E, Ferreira H, Stockdale C, Tse Dinh Y, Dunlap D, et al. Direct observation of DNA distortion by the RSC complex. Mol Cell. 2006;21:417-25 pubmed..These observations support the idea that the ATPase motors of the Snf2 family of proteins act as DNA translocases specialized to generate transient distortions in DNA structure. ..
- Fischer C, Saha A, Cairns B. Kinetic model for the ATP-dependent translocation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RSC along double-stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2007;46:12416-26 pubmed..These results are further discussed in the context of previously published studies of RSC and other DNA translocases. ..
- Pattenden S, Gogol M, Workman J. Features of cryptic promoters and their varied reliance on bromodomain-containing factors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12927 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data indicate that cryptic promoters are independently regulated, and their activation is dependent on factors that govern gene activation at canonical promoters. ..
- Oum J, Seong C, Kwon Y, Ji J, Sid A, Ramakrishnan S, et al. RSC facilitates Rad59-dependent homologous recombination between sister chromatids by promoting cohesin loading at DNA double-strand breaks. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3924-37 pubmed publisher..This study provides molecular insights into how chromatin remodeling contributes to DNA repair and maintenance of chromatin fidelity in the face of DNA damage. ..
- Parnell T, Schlichter A, WILSON B, Cairns B. The chromatin remodelers RSC and ISW1 display functional and chromatin-based promoter antagonism. elife. 2015;4:e06073 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we provide the first genetic and genomic evidence for RSC-ISW1a antagonism and reveal different mechanisms at two different promoter architectures. ..
- Sengupta S, VanKanegan M, Persinger J, Logie C, Cairns B, Peterson C, et al. The interactions of yeast SWI/SNF and RSC with the nucleosome before and after chromatin remodeling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:12636-44 pubmed
- Hassan A, Awad S, Al Natour Z, Othman S, Mustafa F, Rizvi T. Selective recognition of acetylated histones by bromodomains in transcriptional co-activators. Biochem J. 2007;402:125-33 pubmed..The selective recognition of the bromodomains observed in the present study accounts for the broad effects of bromodomain-containing proteins observed on binding to histones. ..
- Saha A, Wittmeyer J, Cairns B. Chromatin remodeling by RSC involves ATP-dependent DNA translocation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2120-34 pubmed..Nucleosomes bearing nicks are remodeled less efficiently than intact nucleosomes. These results suggest that RSC and Sth1 are DNA translocases that use both DNA translocation and twist to remodel nucleosomes efficiently. ..
- Yu F, Imamura Y, Ueno M, Suzuki S, Ohsumi Y, Yukawa M, et al. The yeast chromatin remodeler Rsc1-RSC complex is required for transcriptional activation of autophagy-related genes and inhibition of the TORC1 pathway in response to nitrogen starvation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;464:1248-53 pubmed publisher..There are two distinct isoforms of this complex defined by the presence of either Rsc1 or Rsc2; however, the functional differences between these complexes are unclear...
- Faucher D, Wellinger R. Methylated H3K4, a transcription-associated histone modification, is involved in the DNA damage response pathway. PLoS Genet. 2010;6: pubmed publisher..Given the high degree of conservation for the methyltransferase and the histone mark in a broad variety of organisms, these results could have similar implications for genome stability mechanisms in vertebrate and mammalian cells. ..
- Andress E, Holic R, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Yu V. Dia2 controls transcription by mediating assembly of the RSC complex. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21172 pubmed publisher..Dia2, by controlling the RSC chromatin remodeller, fine-tunes transcription by controlling nucleosome positioning during transcriptional activation and repression. ..
- Damelin M, Simon I, Moy T, Wilson B, Komili S, Tempst P, et al. The genome-wide localization of Rsc9, a component of the RSC chromatin-remodeling complex, changes in response to stress. Mol Cell. 2002;9:563-73 pubmed..Our results illustrate the response of a chromatin-remodeling factor to signaling cascades and suggest that changes in the activity of chromatin-remodeling factors are reflected in changes in their localization in the genome. ..
- Lorch Y, Maier Davis B, Kornberg R. Chromatin remodeling by nucleosome disassembly in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:3090-3 pubmed..RSC and related chromatin-remodeling complexes may be responsible for the removal of promoter nucleosomes during transcriptional activation in vivo. ..
- Zhang Y, Smith C, Saha A, Grill S, Mihardja S, Smith S, et al. DNA translocation and loop formation mechanism of chromatin remodeling by SWI/SNF and RSC. Mol Cell. 2006;24:559-68 pubmed..Such loop formation may provide a molecular basis for the biological functions of remodelers. ..