Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRP43
Description: exosome non-catalytic core subunit RRP43
Alias: exosome non-catalytic core subunit RRP43
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Schneider C, Leung E, Brown J, Tollervey D. The N-terminal PIN domain of the exosome subunit Rrp44 harbors endonuclease activity and tethers Rrp44 to the yeast core exosome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:1127-40 pubmed publisher..Finally, the N-terminal PIN domain was shown to be necessary and sufficient for association with the core exosome, indicating its dual function as a nuclease and structural element. ..
- Wang H, Wang J, Ding F, Callahan K, Bratkowski M, Butler J, et al. Architecture of the yeast Rrp44 exosome complex suggests routes of RNA recruitment for 3' end processing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:16844-9 pubmed..II-type active site is anchored to the exosome through a conserved set of interactions mainly to the Rrp45 and Rrp43 subunit, whereas the Rrp44 N-terminal head part is anchored to the Rrp41 subunit and may function as a roadblock ..
- Bonneau F, Basquin J, Ebert J, Lorentzen E, Conti E. The yeast exosome functions as a macromolecular cage to channel RNA substrates for degradation. Cell. 2009;139:547-59 pubmed publisher..Although the catalytic function of the exosome core has been lost during evolution, the substrate recruitment and binding properties have been conserved from prokaryotes to eukaryotes. ..
- Azzouz N, Panasenko O, Colau G, Collart M. The CCR4-NOT complex physically and functionally interacts with TRAMP and the nuclear exosome. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6760 pubmed publisher..Our findings connect for the first time the different players involved in nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA degradation. ..
- Goldfeder M, Oliveira C. Utp25p, a nucleolar Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein, interacts with U3 snoRNP subunits and affects processing of the 35S pre-rRNA. FEBS J. 2010;277:2838-52 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Utp25p is a novel SSU processome subunit involved in pre-40S maturation. ..
- Synowsky S, van Wijk M, Raijmakers R, Heck A. Comparative multiplexed mass spectrometric analyses of endogenously expressed yeast nuclear and cytoplasmic exosomes. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1300-13 pubmed publisher..We show that the nuclear exosome selectively copurifies with the alpha/beta importin heterodimer, which is known to be involved in the transport of proteins across the nuclear membrane. ..
- Vasiljeva L, Buratowski S. Nrd1 interacts with the nuclear exosome for 3' processing of RNA polymerase II transcripts. Mol Cell. 2006;21:239-48 pubmed..Since Nrd1 is known to bind RNA polymerase II and be important for sn/snoRNA 3' end processing, Nrd1 may link transcription and RNA 3' end formation with surveillance by the exosome. ..
- Oliveira C, Gonzales F, Zanchin N. Temperature-sensitive mutants of the exosome subunit Rrp43p show a deficiency in mRNA degradation and no longer interact with the exosome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2002;30:4186-98 pubmed..We have addressed Rrp43p function by analyzing mRNA stability in three rrp43 temperature-sensitive (ts) strains, which carry different ts alleles (rrp43-1, rrp43-2 and rrp43-3), and by ..
- Roth K, Byam J, Fang F, Butler J. Regulation of NAB2 mRNA 3'-end formation requires the core exosome and the Trf4p component of the TRAMP complex. RNA. 2009;15:1045-58 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NAB2 mRNA 3'-end formation requires the exosome and TRAMP complex, and that competition between polyadenylation and Rrp6p-dependent degradation controls the level of this mRNA. ..
- Luz J, Tavares J, Gonzales F, Santos M, Oliveira C. Analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae exosome architecture and of the RNA binding activity of Rrp40p. Biochimie. 2007;89:686-91 pubmed..We also show evidence that Rrp40p can bind RNA in vitro, as predicted by sequence analysis. ..
- Paul B, Montpetit B. Altered RNA processing and export lead to retention of mRNAs near transcription sites and nuclear pore complexes or within the nucleolus. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:2742-56 pubmed publisher..These data show that alterations to various nuclear processes lead to the retention of mRNAs at discrete locations within the nucleus. ..
- Gonzales F, Zanchin N, Luz J, Oliveira C. Characterization of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Nop17p, a novel Nop58p-interacting protein that is involved in Pre-rRNA processing. J Mol Biol. 2005;346:437-55 pubmed
- Kowalinski E, Kögel A, Ebert J, Reichelt P, Stegmann E, Habermann B, et al. Structure of a Cytoplasmic 11-Subunit RNA Exosome Complex. Mol Cell. 2016;63:125-34 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the interacting residues in the yeast complexes allowed us to identify a splice variant of human HBS1-Like as a Ski7-like exosome-binding protein, revealing the evolutionary conservation of this cytoplasmic cofactor. ..
- Zanchin N, Goldfarb D. Nip7p interacts with Nop8p, an essential nucleolar protein required for 60S ribosome biogenesis, and the exosome subunit Rrp43p. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:1518-25 pubmed..Distinct pools of Rrp43p may interact both with the exosome and with Nip7p, possibly both in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm, to catalyze analogous reactions in the multistep process of 60S ribosome biogenesis and mRNA turnover. ..
- Liu J, Niu C, Wu Y, Tan D, Wang Y, Ye M, et al. CryoEM structure of yeast cytoplasmic exosome complex. Cell Res. 2016;26:822-37 pubmed publisher..Further structural analysis of exosomes with RNA substrates harboring 3' overhangs of different length suggests a switch mechanism of RNA-induced exosome activation in the through-core pathway of RNA processing. ..
- Liu J, Bratkowski M, Liu X, Niu C, Ke A, Wang H. Visualization of distinct substrate-recruitment pathways in the yeast exosome by EM. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:95-102 pubmed publisher..Our results provide mechanistic explanations for several RNA processing scenarios by the eukaryotic exosome and indicate substrate-specific modes of degradation by this complex. ..
- Taverner T, Hernandez H, Sharon M, Ruotolo B, Matak Vinkovic D, Devos D, et al. Subunit architecture of intact protein complexes from mass spectrometry and homology modeling. Acc Chem Res. 2008;41:617-27 pubmed publisher..Overall therefore this mass spectrometry and homology modeling approach has given significant insight into the structure of two previously intractable protein complexes and as such has broad application in structural biology. ..
- Granato D, Machado Santelli G, Oliveira C. Nop53p interacts with 5.8S rRNA co-transcriptionally, and regulates processing of pre-rRNA by the exosome. FEBS J. 2008;275:4164-78 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this observation and similar to the observed in exosome mutants, depletion of Nop53p leads to accumulation of polyadenylated pre-rRNAs. ..