Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRP40
Description: exosome non-catalytic core subunit RRP40
Alias: MTR14, exosome non-catalytic core subunit RRP40
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Luz J, Tavares J, Gonzales F, Santos M, Oliveira C. Analysis of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae exosome architecture and of the RNA binding activity of Rrp40p. Biochimie. 2007;89:686-91 pubmed..We also show evidence that Rrp40p can bind RNA in vitro, as predicted by sequence analysis. ..
- Frenk S, Oxley D, Houseley J. The nuclear exosome is active and important during budding yeast meiosis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e107648 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that the nuclear exosome remains active in meiosis and has an important role in facilitating meiotic recombination. ..
- Falk S, Bonneau F, Ebert J, Kögel A, Conti E. Mpp6 Incorporation in the Nuclear Exosome Contributes to RNA Channeling through the Mtr4 Helicase. Cell Rep. 2017;20:2279-2286 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae Exo-9-Mpp6 complex, revealing how linear motifs in the Mpp6 middle domain bind Rrp40 via evolutionary conserved residues...
- Gillespie A, Gabunilas J, Jen J, Chanfreau G. Mutations of EXOSC3/Rrp40p associated with neurological diseases impact ribosomal RNA processing functions of the exosome in S. cerevisiae. RNA. 2017;23:466-472 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that delayed or defective pre-rRNA processing might be the primary defect responsible for the pathologies detected in patients with mutations affecting EXOSC3 function in residues conserved throughout eukaryotes. ..
- Liu J, Bratkowski M, Liu X, Niu C, Ke A, Wang H. Visualization of distinct substrate-recruitment pathways in the yeast exosome by EM. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:95-102 pubmed publisher..Our results provide mechanistic explanations for several RNA processing scenarios by the eukaryotic exosome and indicate substrate-specific modes of degradation by this complex. ..
- Synowsky S, van Wijk M, Raijmakers R, Heck A. Comparative multiplexed mass spectrometric analyses of endogenously expressed yeast nuclear and cytoplasmic exosomes. J Mol Biol. 2009;385:1300-13 pubmed publisher..We show that the nuclear exosome selectively copurifies with the alpha/beta importin heterodimer, which is known to be involved in the transport of proteins across the nuclear membrane. ..
- Oddone A, Lorentzen E, Basquin J, Gasch A, Rybin V, Conti E, et al. Structural and biochemical characterization of the yeast exosome component Rrp40. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:63-9 pubmed..We present the crystal structure of the Rrp40 exosome subunit from Saccharomyces cerevisiae at a resolution of 2.2 A...
- Makino D, Conti E. Structure determination of an 11-subunit exosome in complex with RNA by molecular replacement. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:2226-35 pubmed publisher..Here, the crystallographic steps towards the structural elucidation, which was carried out by molecular replacement, are presented. ..
- Azzouz N, Panasenko O, Colau G, Collart M. The CCR4-NOT complex physically and functionally interacts with TRAMP and the nuclear exosome. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6760 pubmed publisher..Our findings connect for the first time the different players involved in nuclear and cytoplasmic RNA degradation. ..
- Liu J, Niu C, Wu Y, Tan D, Wang Y, Ye M, et al. CryoEM structure of yeast cytoplasmic exosome complex. Cell Res. 2016;26:822-37 pubmed publisher..Further structural analysis of exosomes with RNA substrates harboring 3' overhangs of different length suggests a switch mechanism of RNA-induced exosome activation in the through-core pathway of RNA processing. ..
- Kowalinski E, Kögel A, Ebert J, Reichelt P, Stegmann E, Habermann B, et al. Structure of a Cytoplasmic 11-Subunit RNA Exosome Complex. Mol Cell. 2016;63:125-34 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the interacting residues in the yeast complexes allowed us to identify a splice variant of human HBS1-Like as a Ski7-like exosome-binding protein, revealing the evolutionary conservation of this cytoplasmic cofactor. ..
- Taverner T, Hernandez H, Sharon M, Ruotolo B, Matak Vinkovic D, Devos D, et al. Subunit architecture of intact protein complexes from mass spectrometry and homology modeling. Acc Chem Res. 2008;41:617-27 pubmed publisher..Overall therefore this mass spectrometry and homology modeling approach has given significant insight into the structure of two previously intractable protein complexes and as such has broad application in structural biology. ..