Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRN3
Description: rDNA-binding RNA polymerase I transcriptional factor
Alias: rDNA-binding RNA polymerase I transcriptional factor
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Philippi A, Steinbauer R, Reiter A, Fath S, Leger Silvestre I, Milkereit P, et al. TOR-dependent reduction in the expression level of Rrn3p lowers the activity of the yeast RNA Pol I machinery, but does not account for the strong inhibition of rRNA production. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:5315-26 pubmed publisher..However, our analysis reveals that the dramatic reduction of rRNA synthesis in the immediate cellular response to impaired TOR signalling cannot be explained by the simple down-regulation of Rrn3p and Pol I-Rrn3p levels. ..
- Granato D, Machado Santelli G, Oliveira C. Nop53p interacts with 5.8S rRNA co-transcriptionally, and regulates processing of pre-rRNA by the exosome. FEBS J. 2008;275:4164-78 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this observation and similar to the observed in exosome mutants, depletion of Nop53p leads to accumulation of polyadenylated pre-rRNAs. ..
- Laribee R, Hosni Ahmed A, Workman J, Chen H. Ccr4-not regulates RNA polymerase I transcription and couples nutrient signaling to the control of ribosomal RNA biogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005113 pubmed publisher..conditions, Ccr4-Not suppresses Pol I initiation by regulating interactions with the essential transcription factor Rrn3. Additionally, Ccr4-Not disruption prevents reduced Pol I transcription when mTORC1 is inhibited suggesting Ccr4-..
- Shou W, Sakamoto K, Keener J, Morimoto K, Traverso E, Azzam R, et al. Net1 stimulates RNA polymerase I transcription and regulates nucleolar structure independently of controlling mitotic exit. Mol Cell. 2001;8:45-55 pubmed..The independent functions of Net1 link a key event in the cell cycle to nucleolar processes that are fundamental to cell growth. ..
- Wnuk M, Lewinska A, Bugno M, Bartosz G, Slota E. Rapid detection of yeast rRNA genes with primed in situ (PRINS) labeling. FEMS Yeast Res. 2009;9:634-40 pubmed publisher..PRINS, which is as sensitive as PCR and allows cytological localization of analyzed sequences, can be adapted for various screening tests requiring fast labeling of rRNA genes. ..
- Cadwell C, Yoon H, Zebarjadian Y, Carbon J. The yeast nucleolar protein Cbf5p is involved in rRNA biosynthesis and interacts genetically with the RNA polymerase I transcription factor RRN3. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6175-83 pubmed..of yeast cbf5-1) was identified as a multicopy suppressor of cbf5-1 and subsequently was found to be identical to RRN3, an RNA polymerase I transcription factor...
- Engel K, French S, Viktorovskaya O, Beyer A, Schneider D. Spt6 Is Essential for rRNA Synthesis by RNA Polymerase I. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:2321-31 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that protein levels of an essential Pol I initiation factor, Rrn3, are reduced when Spt6 is inactivated, leading to low levels of Pol I-Rrn3 complex...
- Zhang Y, French S, Beyer A, Schneider D. The Transcription Factor THO Promotes Transcription Initiation and Elongation by RNA Polymerase I. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:3010-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that perturbation of THO function impairs transcription initiation and elongation by Pol I, identifying a new cellular target for the conserved THO complex. ..
- Nogi Y, Vu L, Nomura M. An approach for isolation of mutants defective in 35S ribosomal RNA synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:7026-30 pubmed..We have thus isolated many mutants and identified at least nine genes (RRN1-RRN9) involved in 35S rRNA synthesis, two of which correspond to known RNA polymerase I subunit genes RPA190 and RPA135. ..
- Beckouët F, Labarre Mariotte S, Albert B, Imazawa Y, Werner M, Gadal O, et al. Two RNA polymerase I subunits control the binding and release of Rrn3 during transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1596-605 pubmed..The rpa49Delta and rpa49-338::HIS3 mutations had a dual effect on the transcription initiation factor Rrn3 (TIF-IA)...
- Peyroche G, Milkereit P, Bischler N, Tschochner H, Schultz P, Sentenac A, et al. The recruitment of RNA polymerase I on rDNA is mediated by the interaction of the A43 subunit with Rrn3. EMBO J. 2000;19:5473-82 pubmed..Here we present evidence that subunit A43 of Pol I interacts with transcription factor Rrn3: conditional mutations in A43 were found to disrupt the transcriptionally competent Pol I-Rrn3 complex, the two ..
- Reeder R. Regulation of RNA polymerase I transcription in yeast and vertebrates. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 1999;62:293-327 pubmed..This suggests that multiple signaling pathways may also be involved. The involvement of ribosomal genes and their transcripts in events such as mitosis, cancer, and aging is discussed. ..
- Schneider D, Michel A, Sikes M, Vu L, Dodd J, Salgia S, et al. Transcription elongation by RNA polymerase I is linked to efficient rRNA processing and ribosome assembly. Mol Cell. 2007;26:217-29 pubmed
- Torreira E, Louro J, Pazos I, González Polo N, Gil Cartón D, Duran A, et al. The dynamic assembly of distinct RNA polymerase I complexes modulates rDNA transcription. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherCell growth requires synthesis of ribosomal RNA by RNA polymerase I (Pol I). Binding of initiation factor Rrn3 activates Pol I, fostering recruitment to ribosomal DNA promoters...
- Minaker S, Filiatrault M, Ben Aroya S, Hieter P, Stirling P. Biogenesis of RNA polymerases II and III requires the conserved GPN small GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2013;193:853-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the three GPN proteins execute a common, and likely essential, function in RNA polymerase assembly and transport. ..
- Zhou L, Le Roux G, Ducrot C, Chédin S, Labarre J, Riva M, et al. Repression of class I transcription by cadmium is mediated by the protein phosphatase 2A. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:6087-97 pubmed publisher..phosphatase 2A (PP2A)-dependent cellular signaling pathway that targets the formation/dissociation of the Pol I-Rrn3 complex...