Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RRD2
Description: peptidylprolyl isomerase RRD2
Alias: YPA2, peptidylprolyl isomerase RRD2
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Mitchell D, Sprague G. The phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator, Ncs1p (Rrd1p), functions with Cla4p to regulate the G(2)/M transition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:488-500 pubmed..Strains lacking both NCS1 and NOH1 were inviable and arrested as unbudded cells, implying that PTPA function is required for proper G(1) progression. ..
- Rempola B, Kaniak A, di Rago J, Rytka J. Anaerobic growth of Saccharomyces cerevisiae alleviates the lethal effect of phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activators depletion. Acta Biochim Pol. 2001;48:1043-9 pubmedSaccharomyces cerevisiae homologues of phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator (PTPA) are encoded byRRD1 and RRD2, genes whose combined deletion is synthetic lethal...
- Rempola B, Kaniak A, Migdalski A, Rytka J, Slonimski P, di Rago J. Functional analysis of RRD1 (YIL153w) and RRD2 (YPL152w), which encode two putative activators of the phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activity of PP2A in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;262:1081-92 pubmed..Based on the resulting phenotypes, the corresponding genes were named RRD1 and RRD2, respectively. Rrd proteins show significant similarity to the human phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator (PTPA)...
- Van Hoof C, Cayla X, Bosch M, Merlevede W, Goris J. The phosphotyrosyl phosphatase activator of protein phosphatase 2A. A novel purification method, immunological and enzymic characterization. Eur J Biochem. 1994;226:899-907 pubmed..Mg, a necessary cofactor in the activation process. Interaction of PTPA with PP2A in a 1:1 ratio induces a low (kcat = 3 min-1) ATPase activity that is inhibited by okadaic acid, ADP and non-hydrolysable ATP analogues. ..
- Castermans D, Somers I, Kriel J, Louwet W, Wera S, Versele M, et al. Glucose-induced posttranslational activation of protein phosphatases PP2A and PP1 in yeast. Cell Res. 2012;22:1058-77 pubmed publisher..Glucose activation of PP2A is controlled by regulatory subunits Rts1, Cdc55, Rrd1 and Rrd2. It is associated with rapid carboxymethylation of the catalytic subunits, which is necessary but not sufficient ..