Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPT3
Description: proteasome regulatory particle base subunit RPT3
Alias: YNT1, YTA2, proteasome regulatory particle base subunit RPT3
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Park S, Roelofs J, Kim W, Robert J, Schmidt M, Gygi S, et al. Hexameric assembly of the proteasomal ATPases is templated through their C termini. Nature. 2009;459:866-70 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that assembly of the proteasome base is a rapid yet highly orchestrated process. ..
- Tomko R, Hochstrasser M. Incorporation of the Rpn12 subunit couples completion of proteasome regulatory particle lid assembly to lid-base joining. Mol Cell. 2011;44:907-17 pubmed publisher..Rpn12 incorporation thus links proper lid assembly to subsequent assembly steps. ..
- Gödderz D, Giovannucci T, Lalakova J, Menendez Benito V, Dantuma N. The deubiquitylating enzyme Ubp12 regulates Rad23-dependent proteasomal degradation. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:3336-3346 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ubiquitylation of Rad23 plays a stimulatory role in the degradation of ubiquitylated substrates by the proteasome. ..
- Luan B, Huang X, Wu J, Mei Z, Wang Y, Xue X, et al. Structure of an endogenous yeast 26S proteasome reveals two major conformational states. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2642-7 pubmed publisher..Structure-guided biochemical analysis reveals enhanced deubiquitylating enzyme activity of Rpn11 upon assembly of the lid. Our structures serve as a molecular basis for mechanistic understanding of proteasome function. ..
- Bashore C, Dambacher C, Goodall E, Matyskiela M, Lander G, Martin A. Ubp6 deubiquitinase controls conformational dynamics and substrate degradation of the 26S proteasome. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:712-9 pubmed publisher..Ubp6 may thus act as a ubiquitin-dependent 'timer' to coordinate individual processing steps at the proteasome and modulate substrate degradation. ..
- Satoh T, Saeki Y, Hiromoto T, Wang Y, Uekusa Y, Yagi H, et al. Structural basis for proteasome formation controlled by an assembly chaperone nas2. Structure. 2014;22:731-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, Nas2 operates as a proteasome activation blocker, offering a checkpoint during the formation of the 19S ATPase prior to its docking onto the proteolytic 20S core particle. ..
- Nakamura Y, Umehara T, Tanaka A, Horikoshi M, Padmanabhan B, Yokoyama S. Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the non-ATPase subunit Nas6 in complex with the ATPase subunit Rpt3 of the 26S proteasome from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2007;63:190-2 pubmed..Nas6, which is the human orthologue of gankyrin, was co-expressed with the C-terminal domain of the ATPase subunit Rpt3 of the yeast 26S proteasome in Escherichia coli, purified to near-homogeneity and crystallized using the hanging-..
- Saeki Y, Isono E, Toh e A. Preparation of ubiquitinated substrates by the PY motif-insertion method for monitoring 26S proteasome activity. Methods Enzymol. 2005;399:215-27 pubmed..In this communication, we describe that Sic1 was successfully ubiquitinated by the PY motif-insertion method and demonstrate that Sic1 thus ubiquitinated was degraded by the purified yeast 26S proteasome. ..
- Malik S, Shukla A, Sen P, Bhaumik S. The 19 s proteasome subcomplex establishes a specific protein interaction network at the promoter for stimulated transcriptional initiation in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:35714-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide significant insights as to how the 19 S proteasome subcomplex regulates the formation of the active transcription complex assembly (and, hence, transcriptional initiation) at the promoter in vivo. ..
- Kimura Y, Saeki Y, Yokosawa H, Polevoda B, Sherman F, Hirano H. N-Terminal modifications of the 19S regulatory particle subunits of the yeast proteasome. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;409:341-8 pubmed..that 8 subunits, Rpt4, Rpt5, Rpt6, Rpn2, Rpn3, Rpn5, Rpn6, and Rpn8, were NatA substrates, and that 2 subunits, Rpt3 and Rpn11, were NatB substrates...
- Takeuchi J, Tamura T. Recombinant ATPases of the yeast 26S proteasome activate protein degradation by the 20S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 2004;565:39-42 pubmed..Our finding, production of a functional subunit of the 19S regulatory particle in bacteria, is a simpler and technically advanced system to functionally characterize individual subunits. ..
- Francis B, Thorsness P. Hsp90 and mitochondrial proteases Yme1 and Yta10/12 participate in ATP synthase assembly in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mitochondrion. 2011;11:587-600 pubmed publisher..A previously reported mutation in Rpt3, one of the six ATPases of the proteasome, suppresses yme1? phenotypes and increases transcription of HSC82 but not ..
- Park S, Li X, Kim H, Singh C, Tian G, Hoyt M, et al. Reconfiguration of the proteasome during chaperone-mediated assembly. Nature. 2013;497:512-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the Rpt-CP interface is reconfigured when the lid complex joins the nascent proteasome to form the mature holoenzyme. ..
- Rubin D, Glickman M, Larsen C, Dhruvakumar S, Finley D. Active site mutants in the six regulatory particle ATPases reveal multiple roles for ATP in the proteasome. EMBO J. 1998;17:4909-19 pubmed..In summary, ATP promotes protein breakdown by the proteasome through multiple mechanisms, as reflected by the diverse phenotypes of the rpt mutants. ..
- Sokolova V, Li F, Polovin G, Park S. Proteasome Activation is Mediated via a Functional Switch of the Rpt6 C-terminal Tail Following Chaperone-dependent Assembly. Sci Rep. 2015;5:14909 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the interaction of the CP and Rpt6 tail promotes a CP-Rpt3 tail interaction, and that they jointly mediate proteasome activation via opening the CP gate for substrate entry...
- Ishii T, Funakoshi M, Kobayashi H. Yeast Pth2 is a UBL domain-binding protein that participates in the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. EMBO J. 2006;25:5492-503 pubmed..These results suggest that Pth2 negatively regulates the UBL-UBA protein-mediated shuttling pathway in the ubiquitin-proteasome system. ..
- Gonzalez F, Delahodde A, Kodadek T, Johnston S. Recruitment of a 19S proteasome subcomplex to an activated promoter. Science. 2002;296:548-50 pubmed..These data indicate that in vivo, the base of the 19S complex functions independently of the larger complex and plays a direct, nonproteolytic role in RNA polymerase II transcription. ..
- Campbell C, Tanaka N, White K, Thorsness P. Mitochondrial morphological and functional defects in yeast caused by yme1 are suppressed by mutation of a 26S protease subunit homologue. Mol Biol Cell. 1994;5:899-905 pubmed..growth phenotypes and morphological alterations evident in these mutant yeast can be compensated by a mutation in YNT1, an essential gene in yeast...
- Ding Z, Fu Z, Xu C, Wang Y, Wang Y, Li J, et al. High-resolution cryo-EM structure of the proteasome in complex with ADP-AlFx. Cell Res. 2017;27:373-385 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into the mechanisms of nucleotide-driven allosteric cooperativity of the complex and of the substrate processing by the proteasome. ..
- Schnall R, Mannhaupt G, Stucka R, Tauer R, Ehnle S, Schwarzlose C, et al. Identification of a set of yeast genes coding for a novel family of putative ATPases with high similarity to constituents of the 26S protease complex. Yeast. 1994;10:1141-55 pubmed..YTA1, YTA2, YTA3 and YTA5 exhibit significant similarity to proteins involved in human immunodeficiency virus Tat-mediated ..