Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPS5
Description: ribosomal 40S subunit protein S5
Alias: ribosomal 40S subunit protein S5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Ghosh A, Jindal S, Bentley A, Hinnebusch A, Komar A. Rps5-Rps16 communication is essential for efficient translation initiation in yeast S. cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:8537-55 pubmed publisher..Here we provide evidence showing that truncation of the N-terminal domain (NTD) of yeast Rps5 (absent in bacterial ortholog S7) impairs translation initiation, cell growth and induction of GCN4 mRNA ..
- Ziv I, Matiuhin Y, Kirkpatrick D, Erpapazoglou Z, Leon S, Pantazopoulou M, et al. A perturbed ubiquitin landscape distinguishes between ubiquitin in trafficking and in proteolysis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009753 pubmed publisher..We conclude that despite the shared use of the ubiquitin molecule, the two branches of the ubiquitin machinery--the ubiquitin-proteasome system and the ubiquitin trafficking system--were unevenly perturbed by expression of K0 ubiquitin. ..
- Campbell M, Karbstein K. Protein-protein interactions within late pre-40S ribosomes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16194 pubmed publisher..proteins, we have analyzed the interactions between these assembly factors and six ribosomal proteins: Rps0, Rps3, Rps5, Rps14, Rps15 and Rps29...
- Otaka E, Higo K, Osawa S. Isolation of seventeen proteins and amino-terminal amino acid sequences of eight proteins from cytoplasmic ribosomes of yeast. Biochemistry. 1982;21:4545-50 pubmed..T., Möller, W., Amons, R., & Yaguchi, M. (1980) in Ribosomes: Structure, Function and Genetics (Chambliss, G., et al., Eds.) pp 297-332, University Park Press, Baltimore, MD; M. Yaguchi, unpublished experiments]. ..
- Visweswaraiah J, PITTMAN Y, Dever T, Hinnebusch A. The Î²-hairpin of 40S exit channel protein Rps5/uS7 promotes efficient and accurate translation initiation in vivo. elife. 2015;4:e07939 pubmed publisher..Structural analyses revealed that the Î²-hairpin of 40S protein Rps5/uS7 protrudes into the 40S mRNA exit-channel, contacting the eIF2âˆ™GTPâˆ™Met-tRNAi ternary complex (TC) ..
- Faza M, Chang Y, Occhipinti L, Kemmler S, Panse V. Role of Mex67-Mtr2 in the nuclear export of 40S pre-ribosomes. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002915 pubmed publisher..Mex67-Mtr2 could engage a regulatory crosstalk among the three major export pathways for optimal cellular growth and proliferation. ..
- Starita L, Lo R, Eng J, von Haller P, Fields S. Sites of ubiquitin attachment in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proteomics. 2012;12:236-40 pubmed publisher..However, such peptides with GG shifts have been difficult to discover. We identify 870 unique sites of ubiquitin attachment on 438 different proteins of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ..
- He X, Qian W, Wang Z, Li Y, Zhang J. Prevalent positive epistasis in Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae metabolic networks. Nat Genet. 2010;42:272-6 pubmed publisher..We offer mechanistic explanations of these findings and experimentally validate them for 61 S. cerevisiae gene pairs. ..
- Higo K, Otaka E. Isolation and characterization of fourteen ribosomal proteins from small subunits of yeast. Biochemistry. 1979;18:4191-6 pubmed..The isolated proteins are YP 6, YP 7, YP 9, YP 12, YP 14', YP 14'', YP 28, YP 38, YP 45, YP 50, YP 52, YP 58, YP 63, and YP 70. The molecular weight and amino acid compositions of these proteins are presented. ..
- Hwang C, Shemorry A, Auerbach D, Varshavsky A. The N-end rule pathway is mediated by a complex of the RING-type Ubr1 and HECT-type Ufd4 ubiquitin ligases. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1177-85 pubmed publisher..We also found that Ubr1 can recognize the N-terminal ubiquitin moiety. These and related advances unify two proteolytic systems that have been studied separately for two decades. ..
- Sugihara F, Kasahara K, Kokubo T. Highly redundant function of multiple AT-rich sequences as core promoter elements in the TATA-less RPS5 promoter of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:59-75 pubmed publisher..support normal levels of transcription and accurate initiation from sites within the TATA-less and TFIID-dependent RPS5 core promoter...
- Feller A, Boeckstaens M, Marini A, Dubois E. Transduction of the nitrogen signal activating Gln3-mediated transcription is independent of Npr1 kinase and Rsp5-Bul1/2 ubiquitin ligase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28546-54 pubmed..The apparent Rsp5-, Bul1/2-dependent Gln3 activation keeps to the cellular status, as it is only observed in cells having left the balanced phase of exponential growth. ..
- Calvo O, Manley J. The transcriptional coactivator PC4/Sub1 has multiple functions in RNA polymerase II transcription. EMBO J. 2005;24:1009-20 pubmed..Our data provide evidence that Rna15 and Sub1 are present along the length of several genes and that Sub1 facilitates elongation by influencing enzymes that modify RNAP II. ..
- Peña C, Schütz S, Fischer U, Chang Y, Panse V. Prefabrication of a ribosomal protein subcomplex essential for eukaryotic ribosome formation. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Thus, prefabrication of a native-like r-protein subcomplex drives efficient and accurate construction of the eukaryotic ribosome. ..
- Visweswaraiah J, Hinnebusch A. Interface between 40S exit channel protein uS7/Rps5 and eIF2? modulates start codon recognition in vivo. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Cryo-EM reconstructions of yeast PICs suggest remodeling of the interface between 40S protein Rps5/uS7 and eIF2? between open and closed states; however, its importance was unknown...