Gene Symbol: RPP1
Description: RNA-binding RNA processing protein RPP1
Alias: RNA-binding RNA processing protein RPP1
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Stolc V, Katz A, Altman S. Rpp2, an essential protein subunit of nuclear RNase P, is required for processing of precursor tRNAs and 35S precursor rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:6716-21 pubmed..cleave both yeast precursor tRNAs and precursor rRNAs accurately at the expected sites and contain the Rpp1 protein orthologue of the human scleroderma autoimmune antigen, Rpp30...
- Aspinall T, Gordon J, Bennett H, Karahalios P, Bukowski J, Walker S, et al. Interactions between subunits of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNase MRP support a conserved eukaryotic RNase P/MRP architecture. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6439-50 pubmed..The results provide further evidence of a conserved eukaryotic RNase P/MRP architecture and provide a strong basis for studies of enzyme assembly and subunit function. ..
- Hsieh J, Walker S, Fierke C, Engelke D. Pre-tRNA turnover catalyzed by the yeast nuclear RNase P holoenzyme is limited by product release. RNA. 2009;15:224-34 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, despite marked differences in subunit composition, the minimal kinetic mechanism for cleavage of pre-tRNA catalyzed by yeast nuclear RNase P holoenzyme is similar to that of the bacterial RNase P holoenzyme. ..
- Lemieux B, Laterreur N, Perederina A, Noël J, Dubois M, Krasilnikov A, et al. Active Yeast Telomerase Shares Subunits with Ribonucleoproteins RNase P and RNase MRP. Cell. 2016;165:1171-1181 pubmed publisher..Thus, the same chaperoning module has allowed the evolution of functionally and, remarkably, structurally distinct RNPs, telomerase, and RNases P/MRP from unrelated progenitor RNAs. ..
- Esakova O, Perederina A, Berezin I, Krasilnikov A. Conserved regions of ribonucleoprotein ribonuclease MRP are involved in interactions with its substrate. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:7084-91 pubmed publisher..Implications for the structural organization of RNase MRP and the roles of its components are discussed. ..
- Stolc V, Altman S. Rpp1, an essential protein subunit of nuclear RNase P required for processing of precursor tRNA and 35S precursor rRNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genes Dev. 1997;11:2926-37 pubmed..The gene for this protein, RPP1, was identified by virtue of its homology with a human scleroderma autoimmune antigen, Rpp30, which copurifies with ..