Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPP0
Description: ribosomal protein P0
Alias: RPL10E, ribosomal protein P0
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Qiu D, Parada P, Marcos A, Cardenas D, Remacha M, Ballesta J. Different roles of P1 and P2 Saccharomyces cerevisiae ribosomal stalk proteins revealed by cross-linking. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:1191-202 pubmed
- Zhang J, Harnpicharnchai P, Jakovljevic J, Tang L, Guo Y, Oeffinger M, et al. Assembly factors Rpf2 and Rrs1 recruit 5S rRNA and ribosomal proteins rpL5 and rpL11 into nascent ribosomes. Genes Dev. 2007;21:2580-92 pubmed..Consequently, the abortive 66S pre-rRNPs are prematurely released from the nucleolus to the nucleoplasm, and cannot be exported to the cytoplasm. ..
- Guarinos E, Santos C, Sánchez A, Qiu D, Remacha M, Ballesta J. Tag-mediated fractionation of yeast ribosome populations proves the monomeric organization of the eukaryotic ribosomal stalk structure. Mol Microbiol. 2003;50:703-12 pubmed..Ribosomes can carry two, one or no acidic protein pairs. The P1 alpha/P2 beta and P1beta/P2 alpha pairs are preferentially found in the ribosome, but they are not essential either for stalk assembly or function. ..
- Roberts T, Kobor M, Bastin Shanower S, Ii M, Horte S, Gin J, et al. Slx4 regulates DNA damage checkpoint-dependent phosphorylation of the BRCT domain protein Rtt107/Esc4. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:539-48 pubmed
- Grela P, Gajda M, Armache J, Beckmann R, Krokowski D, Svergun D, et al. Solution structure of the natively assembled yeast ribosomal stalk determined by small-angle X-ray scattering. Biochem J. 2012;444:205-9 pubmed publisher..The model displays three distinct lobes, which may correspond to the individual P1-P2 heterodimers anchored to the C-terminal domain of the P0 protein. ..
- Loibl M, Klein I, Prattes M, Schmidt C, Kappel L, Zisser G, et al. The drug diazaborine blocks ribosome biogenesis by inhibiting the AAA-ATPase Drg1. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3913-22 pubmed publisher..Our results identify the first target of an inhibitor of ribosome biogenesis and provide the mechanism of inhibition of a key step in large ribosomal subunit formation. ..
- Francisco Velilla R, Remacha M, Ballesta J. Carboxy terminal modifications of the P0 protein reveal alternative mechanisms of nuclear ribosomal stalk assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:8628-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, in wild-type cells, the presence of nuclear pre-ribosome complexes containing P0 but not L12 is compatible with the existence of an alternative stalk assembly process. ..
- Sarkar A, Pech M, Thoms M, Beckmann R, Hurt E. Ribosome-stalk biogenesis is coupled with recruitment of nuclear-export factor to the nascent 60S subunit. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2016;23:1074-1082 pubmed publisher..Thus, a spatiotemporal mark on the ribosomal stalk controls the recruitment of an RNA-export receptor to the nascent 60S subunit. ..
- Ma C, Wu S, Li N, Chen Y, Yan K, Li Z, et al. Structural snapshot of cytoplasmic pre-60S ribosomal particles bound by Nmd3, Lsg1, Tif6 and Reh1. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2017;24:214-220 pubmed publisher..These findings pinpoint a structural checkpoint role for Nmd3 in PTC assembly, and provide information about functional and mechanistic roles of these assembly factors in the maturation of the 60S ribosomal subunit. ..
- Lee R, Brunette S, Puente L, Megeney L. Metacaspase Yca1 is required for clearance of insoluble protein aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13348-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that Yca1 contributes to the fitness and adaptability of growing yeast through an aggregate remodeling activity. ..
- Van Dyke M, Nelson L, Weilbaecher R, Mehta D. Stm1p, a G4 quadruplex and purine motif triplex nucleic acid-binding protein, interacts with ribosomes and subtelomeric Y' DNA in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24323-33 pubmed..We discuss the implications of our findings in relation to prior genetic, genomic, and proteomic studies that have identified STM1 and/or Stm1p as well as the possible biological role of Stm1p. ..
- Gudkov A. The L7/L12 ribosomal domain of the ribosome: structural and functional studies. FEBS Lett. 1997;407:253-6 pubmed..These changes occur upon interaction of the ribosome with the elongation factors and depend on GTP hydrolysis in accordance with the functional states of the ribosome. ..
- Ben Shem A, Garreau de Loubresse N, Melnikov S, Jenner L, Yusupova G, Yusupov M. The structure of the eukaryotic ribosome at 3.0 Å resolution. Science. 2011;334:1524-9 pubmed publisher..It forms the structural framework for the design and analysis of experiments that explore the eukaryotic translation apparatus and the evolutionary forces that shaped it. ..
- Krokowski D, Tchorzewski M, Boguszewska A, McKay A, Maslen S, Robinson C, et al. Elevated copy number of L-A virus in yeast mutant strains defective in ribosomal stalk. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;355:575-80 pubmed
- Jao D, Chen K. Tandem affinity purification revealed the hypusine-dependent binding of eukaryotic initiation factor 5A to the translating 80S ribosomal complex. J Cell Biochem. 2006;97:583-98 pubmed
- Aruna K, Chakraborty T, Rao P, Santos C, Ballesta J, Sharma S. Functional complementation of yeast ribosomal P0 protein with Plasmodium falciparum P0. Gene. 2005;357:9-17 pubmed..In its sensitivity to the inhibitor sordarin, PfP0 was similar to the P0 protein from the fungus Aspergillus fumigatus. These results indicate a closer functional relationship of P. falciparum P0 gene to fungal P0 genes. ..
- Peng W, Krogan N, Richards D, Greenblatt J, Hughes T. ESF1 is required for 18S rRNA synthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1993-9 pubmed..These data indicate that Esf1p plays a direct role in early pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Grela P, Li X, Tchorzewski M, Tumer N. Functional divergence between the two P1-P2 stalk dimers on the ribosome in their interaction with ricin A chain. Biochem J. 2014;460:59-67 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the P1B-P2A dimer is more critical for facilitating the access of RTA to the SRL, providing the first in vivo evidence for functional divergence between the two stalk dimers on the ribosome. ..