Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPO31
Description: DNA-directed RNA polymerase III core subunit RPO31
Alias: RPC1, RPC160, DNA-directed RNA polymerase III core subunit RPO31
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Esberg A, Moqtaderi Z, Fan X, Lu J, Struhl K, Byström A. Iwr1 protein is important for preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20829 pubmed publisher..Thus, Iwr1 plays an important role in preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases. ..
- Huet J, Riva M, Sentenac A, Fromageot P. Yeast RNA polymerase C and its subunits. Specific antibodies as structural and functional probes. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:15304-10 pubmed..These results are discussed in terms of the participation of these polypeptides to the active enzyme molecule, and of their possible role in DNA binding or transcription factor recognition. ..
- Cieśla M, Mierzejewska J, Adamczyk M, Farrants A, Boguta M. Fructose bisphosphate aldolase is involved in the control of RNA polymerase III-directed transcription. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1103-10 pubmed publisher..Additionally, a role of aldolase in control of tRNA transcription was confirmed by ChIP experiments. The results indicate a novel direct relationship between RNA polymerase III transcription and aldolase. ..
- Qiu Z, Schwer B, Shuman S. Two Routes to Genetic Suppression of RNA Trimethylguanosine Cap Deficiency via C-Terminal Truncation of U1 snRNP Subunit Snp1 or Overexpression of RNA Polymerase Subunit Rpo26. G3 (Bethesda). 2015;5:1361-70 pubmed publisher..We thereby recovered RPO26 (encoding a shared subunit of all three nuclear RNA polymerases) and RPO31 (encoding the largest subunit of RNA polymerase III) as moderate and weak suppressors of tgs1âˆ† cold ..
- Acker J, Nguyen N, Vandamme M, Tavenet A, Briand Suleau A, Conesa C. Sub1 and Maf1, two effectors of RNA polymerase III, are involved in the yeast quiescence cycle. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e114587 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, we show that maf1Î” cells are long-lived mutant suggesting a connection between Pol III transcription and yeast longevity. ..
- CieÅ›la M, MakaÅ‚a E, PÅ‚onka M, Bazan R, Gewartowski K, Dziembowski A, et al. Rbs1, a new protein implicated in RNA polymerase III biogenesis in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;35:1169-81 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Rbs1 interacts with the Crm1 exportin and shuttles between the cytoplasm and nucleus. We postulate that Rbs1 binds to the Pol III complex or subcomplex and facilitates its translocation to the nucleus. ..
- Wu C, Lin Y, Chen H. The TFIIF-like Rpc37/53 dimer lies at the center of a protein network to connect TFIIIC, Bdp1, and the RNA polymerase III active center. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2715-28 pubmed publisher..Our work explains how the Rpc37/53 dimer is anchored on the Pol III core and acts as a hub to integrate a protein network for initiation and termination. ..
- Hermann Le Denmat S, Werner M, Sentenac A, Thuriaux P. Suppression of yeast RNA polymerase III mutations by FHL1, a gene coding for a fork head protein involved in rRNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2905-13 pubmed..This accounts for the isolation of FHL1 as a dosage-dependent suppressor and suggests that rRNA processing depends on a still-unidentified RNA polymerase III transcript. ..
- Mayor T, Graumann J, Bryan J, MacCoss M, Deshaies R. Quantitative profiling of ubiquitylated proteins reveals proteasome substrates and the substrate repertoire influenced by the Rpn10 receptor pathway. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1885-95 pubmed..This approach illustrates the feasibility of systems-level quantitative analysis to map enzyme-substrate networks in the UPS. ..
- Lee J, Moir R, Willis I. Differential Phosphorylation of RNA Polymerase III and the Initiation Factor TFIIIB in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127225 pubmed publisher..The new findings suggest an integrated regulatory model for signaling events controlling pol III transcription. ..
- Reuter L, Meinel D, StrÃ¤ÃŸer K. The poly(A)-binding protein Nab2 functions in RNA polymerase III transcription. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1565-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we establish Nab2, an important mRNA biogenesis factor, as a novel player required for RNAPIII transcription by stabilizing TFIIIB and RNAPIII at promoters. ..
- Fortes P, Kufel J, Fornerod M, Polycarpou Schwarz M, Lafontaine D, Tollervey D, et al. Genetic and physical interactions involving the yeast nuclear cap-binding complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6543-53 pubmed..Mutants lacking yCBC were found to be defective in rRNA processing. Analysis of the yCBC deletion phenotype suggests that this is likely to be due to a defect in the splicing of a subset of ribosomal protein mRNA precursors. ..
- Thuillier V, Stettler S, Sentenac A, Thuriaux P, Werner M. A mutation in the C31 subunit of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA polymerase III affects transcription initiation. EMBO J. 1995;14:351-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the C-terminal deletion was also suppressed by a high gene dosage of the DED1 gene encoding a putative helicase. ..
- Minaker S, Filiatrault M, Ben Aroya S, Hieter P, Stirling P. Biogenesis of RNA polymerases II and III requires the conserved GPN small GTPases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2013;193:853-64 pubmed publisher..We propose that the three GPN proteins execute a common, and likely essential, function in RNA polymerase assembly and transport. ..
- Ferri M, Peyroche G, Siaut M, Lefebvre O, Carles C, Conesa C, et al. A novel subunit of yeast RNA polymerase III interacts with the TFIIB-related domain of TFIIIB70. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:488-95 pubmed..The data indicate that C17 is a novel specific subunit of Pol III which participates together with C34 in the recruitment of Pol III by the preinitiation complex. ..
- Mirón García M, Garrido Godino A, García Molinero V, Hernández Torres F, Rodriguez Navarro S, Navarro F. The prefoldin bud27 mediates the assembly of the eukaryotic RNA polymerases in an rpb5-dependent manner. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003297 pubmed publisher..Finally, the role of URI seems to be conserved in humans, suggesting conserved mechanisms in RNA pols biogenesis. ..
- Alonso B, Beraud C, Meguellati S, Chen S, Pellequer J, Armengaud J, et al. Eukaryotic GPN-loop GTPases paralogs use a dimeric assembly reminiscent of archeal GPN. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:463-72 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that all three GPN proteins act at the molecular level in sister chromatid cohesion mechanism as a GPN|GPN complex reminiscent of the homodimeric structure of PAB0955, an archaeal member of GPN-loop GTPase. ..
- Vernekar D, Bhargava P. Yeast Bud27 modulates the biogenesis of Rpc128 and Rpc160 subunits and the assembly of RNA polymerase III. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:1340-53 pubmed publisher..In the bud27Î” cells, total protein level of the largest pol III subunit Rpc160 but not of Rpc128, Rpc34 and Rpc53 subunits is reduced...