Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPN7
Description: proteasome regulatory particle lid subunit RPN7
Alias: proteasome regulatory particle lid subunit RPN7
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Hochstrasser M. Ubiquitin-dependent protein degradation. Annu Rev Genet. 1996;30:405-39 pubmed..This diversity underlies both the high substrate specificity of the ubiquitin system and the variety of regulatory mechanisms that it serves. ..
- Saeki Y, Toh e A, Yokosawa H. Rapid isolation and characterization of the yeast proteasome regulatory complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;273:509-15 pubmed..In contrast with the previously reported result showing that Rpn10, a multiubiquitin chain binding subunit, is a component of the base complex, we present evidence that the lid complex isolated from wild-type yeast contains Rpn10. ..
- Finley D, Tanaka K, Mann C, Feldmann H, Hochstrasser M, Vierstra R, et al. Unified nomenclature for subunits of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae proteasome regulatory particle. Trends Biochem Sci. 1998;23:244-5 pubmed
- Peters L, Karmon O, David Kadoch G, Hazan R, Yu T, Glickman M, et al. The protein quality control machinery regulates its misassembled proteasome subunits. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005178 pubmed publisher..Thus, we show that proteasome homeostasis is controlled through probing the level of proteasome assembly, and the interplay between UPS mediated degradation or their sorting into distinct cellular compartments. ..
- Taverner T, Hernandez H, Sharon M, Ruotolo B, Matak Vinkovic D, Devos D, et al. Subunit architecture of intact protein complexes from mass spectrometry and homology modeling. Acc Chem Res. 2008;41:617-27 pubmed publisher..Overall therefore this mass spectrometry and homology modeling approach has given significant insight into the structure of two previously intractable protein complexes and as such has broad application in structural biology. ..
- Saeki Y, Isono E, Toh e A. Preparation of ubiquitinated substrates by the PY motif-insertion method for monitoring 26S proteasome activity. Methods Enzymol. 2005;399:215-27 pubmed..In this communication, we describe that Sic1 was successfully ubiquitinated by the PY motif-insertion method and demonstrate that Sic1 thus ubiquitinated was degraded by the purified yeast 26S proteasome. ..
- Joshi K, Chen L, Torres N, Tournier V, Madura K. A proteasome assembly defect in rpn3 mutants is associated with Rpn11 instability and increased sensitivity to stress. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:383-99 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that Rpn11 is stabilized following its incorporation into proteasomes. The instability of Rpn11 and the defects of rpn3 mutants are apparently caused by a failure to recruit Rpn11 into mature proteasomes. ..
- Funakoshi M, Li X, Velichutina I, Hochstrasser M, Kobayashi H. Sem1, the yeast ortholog of a human BRCA2-binding protein, is a component of the proteasome regulatory particle that enhances proteasome stability. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:6447-54 pubmed..Our data suggest a potential mechanism for this protein-protein stabilization and also suggest that an intact proteasomal regulatory particle is required for responses to DNA damage. ..
- Isono E, Saeki Y, Yokosawa H, Toh e A. Rpn7 Is required for the structural integrity of the 26 S proteasome of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:27168-76 pubmedb>Rpn7 is one of the lid subunits of the 26 S proteasome regulatory particle. The RPN7 gene is known to be essential, but its function remains to be elucidated...
- Yu Z, Livnat Levanon N, Kleifeld O, Mansour W, Nakasone M, Castaneda C, et al. Base-CP proteasome can serve as a platform for stepwise lid formation. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..1 (Rpn5, Rpn6, Rpn8, Rpn9 and Rpn11), which interacts with both CP and base sub-complexes and module 2 (Rpn3, Rpn7, Rpn12 and Rpn15) that is attached mainly to module 1...
- Tomko R, Taylor D, Chen Z, Wang H, Rappsilber J, Hochstrasser M. A Single Î± Helix Drives Extensive Remodeling of the Proteasome Lid and Completion of Regulatory Particle Assembly. Cell. 2015;163:432-44 pubmed publisher..Such assembly-coupled conformational switching is reminiscent of viral particle maturation and may represent a commonly used mechanism to enforce hierarchical assembly in multisubunit complexes. ..
- Luan B, Huang X, Wu J, Mei Z, Wang Y, Xue X, et al. Structure of an endogenous yeast 26S proteasome reveals two major conformational states. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:2642-7 pubmed publisher..Structure-guided biochemical analysis reveals enhanced deubiquitylating enzyme activity of Rpn11 upon assembly of the lid. Our structures serve as a molecular basis for mechanistic understanding of proteasome function. ..
- Le Tallec B, Barrault M, Guerois R, Carré T, Peyroche A. Hsm3/S5b participates in the assembly pathway of the 19S regulatory particle of the proteasome. Mol Cell. 2009;33:389-99 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identify the putative species-specific 19S subunit S5b as a functional homolog of the Hsm3 chaperone in mammals. These findings shed light on chaperone-assisted proteasome assembly in eukaryotes. ..
- Ding Z, Fu Z, Xu C, Wang Y, Wang Y, Li J, et al. High-resolution cryo-EM structure of the proteasome in complex with ADP-AlFx. Cell Res. 2017;27:373-385 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into the mechanisms of nucleotide-driven allosteric cooperativity of the complex and of the substrate processing by the proteasome. ..