Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: RPL5
Description: ribosomal 60S subunit protein L5
Alias: LPI14, RPL1, ribosomal 60S subunit protein L5
Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae S288c
- Santos M, Goldfeder M, Zanchin N, Oliveira C. The essential nucleolar yeast protein Nop8p controls the exosome function during 60S ribosomal subunit maturation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21686 pubmed publisher..These results strongly indicate that Nop8p may control the exosome function during pre-rRNA processing. ..
- Talkish J, Zhang J, Jakovljevic J, Horsey E, Woolford J. Hierarchical recruitment into nascent ribosomes of assembly factors required for 27SB pre-rRNA processing in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:8646-61 pubmed..Inhibition of TOR kinase decreases association of Rpf2, Spb4, Nog1 and Nog2 with pre-ribosomes. ..
- Kressler D, Bange G, Ogawa Y, Stjepanovic G, Bradatsch B, Pratte D, et al. Synchronizing nuclear import of ribosomal proteins with ribosome assembly. Science. 2012;338:666-71 pubmed publisher..a transport adaptor, symportin 1 (Syo1), that facilitates synchronized coimport of the two 5S-rRNA binding proteins Rpl5 and Rpl11...
- Galvão F, Rossi D, Silveira W, Valentini S, Zanelli C. The deoxyhypusine synthase mutant dys1-1 reveals the association of eIF5A and Asc1 with cell wall integrity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60140 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a correlated role for eIF5A and Asc1 in coordinating the translational control of a subset of mRNAs associated with cell integrity. ..
- Yeh L, Deshmukh M, Woolford J, Lee J. Involvement of lysine 270 and lysine 271 of yeast 5S rRNA binding protein in RNA binding and ribosome assembly. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1308:133-41 pubmed..The in vitro RNA binding ability of the respective protein was reduced by 60% and 20%. Taken together, the present data identified K270 and K271 as important amino-acid residues in the function of the yeast ribosomal protein L1. ..
- Lee R, Brunette S, Puente L, Megeney L. Metacaspase Yca1 is required for clearance of insoluble protein aggregates. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13348-53 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show that Yca1 contributes to the fitness and adaptability of growing yeast through an aggregate remodeling activity. ..
- Gómez Herreros F, Rodríguez Galán O, Morillo Huesca M, Maya D, Arista Romero M, de la Cruz J, et al. Balanced production of ribosome components is required for proper G1/S transition in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31689-700 pubmed publisher..This regulatory pathway resembles the p53-dependent nucleolar-stress checkpoint response described in human cells, which indicates that this is a general control strategy extended throughout eukaryotes. ..